Forty: 4.4 secs
Bench max: 285 pounds
Squat max: 355 pounds
Class: 2010

Rivals
Scout
ESPN

Evaluation

Don't look now but there may be another Carlton Thomas at Frostproof. Robey and Thomas are very similar in terms of size and speed measurables; the current University of Georgia back had more power than Robey coming out of high school a couple of years ago but the current Frostproof star may have the edge in versatility as he projects to be a very good cover corner as well. His marginal height and overall smaller stature is a concern when projecting for the next level but he has great feet, burst and excellent speed. As a back, he excels in zone schemes picking and darting his way through the small cutback creases demonstrating great body control, balance vision, hips and foot-quickness. Utilizes his smaller stature to his advantage. Very sharp and decisive in his cuts making it very difficult for defenders to get a clean shot on him. He can stop-start and jump-cut eluding defenders as well as most backs in this class. Flashes a good burst and lateral quicks bouncing outside and is a homerun threat with his great speed and extra gear when he turns the corner. While we question, his in-line power and durability, he does break his fair share of arm-tackles with his tightly-bound quick-twitched body and constant leg churning when wrapped up. Very versatile with his polished receiving skills; could motion out into the slot at the next level and create mismatches with his great speed and quicks on linebackers. An ideal "space player" in the spread. Lack of height is a concern when trying to press or play the jump-ball at corner versus today's taller college receivers but this guy will compete and surprise you his ability to take away leverage with his wiry frame and grit. His great feet, quickness and hip-fluidity as well as his striking recovery speed/burst as an off-man cover corner will be coveted. Ball skills are excellent. Overall, Robey is a potential game-changer on either side of the ball with his excellent speed, footwork, and versatility, despite his lack of size. Expect recruiting to continue to heat up.
Notes

2008: Registered 11 tackles and two interceptions. 33 receptions for 475 yards and four touchdowns...

Holds a UT offer

This kid is a speedster. We are trying to get some of those shifty, smaller burners like UF and LSU.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reminds me of Nukeese. It would be like Florida's Demps.

I think a lot of parallels with Nuke.

Robey is a better athlete. 23'9" in the long jump. 10.75 in the 100m. 4.4 40yd.

Robey can play CB as well.

Only negative, I can think of is height. 5'8"...same as Nuke.

We need to start recruiting some bigger guys, these 5'10ish 4.4 forty guys seem like a dime a dozen. It seems like our WRs are gonna be full of sub 6 footers when IMO we need big, dominate, WRs. JMO though

I love the speedy little dudes. The guys like Brandon James and Trendon Holliday just murder the competition. If we had 3-4 of these little dynamos, I would be ecstatic.

We will get some Markeith Ambles and Matt Miltons yoo

is he related to a Courtney Robey. That name popped into my head but I can't think of anything else. I hate when that happens. Is there even a courtney Robey that played football.

I love the speedy little dudes. The guys like Brandon James and Trendon Holliday just murder the competition. If we had 3-4 of these little dynamos, I would be ecstatic.

We will get some Markeith Ambles and Matt Miltons yoo

21 rushes for 114 yards, 2 catches for 33 yards, and 57 total returns for 888 yards and 1 TD is murder?

is he related to a Courtney Robey. That name popped into my head but I can't think of anything else. I hate when that happens. Is there even a courtney Robey that played football.

Courtney's last name is Roby so I'd say he's not. But he's a WR in the NFL. Titans drafted him in the 3rd round a few years ago. Don't know where he's at now.

Ha, that's it. Thanks, man and now that I know who it is I highly doubt it cause Courtney that the titans drafted. I know he is a lot taller than 5'8"

Looks like he's coming to our camp!

Nickell Robey is a talented two-way prospect that also excels on special teams. Robey, 5-8 and 165 pounds, is one of the top athletes from the Sunshine State. He wants to play cornerback and tomorrow he's off to Knoxville to show the Tennessee coaches what he has.

Apparently the past two days he's been tearing kids up. He's been locking everyone day. Someone on TOS was saying that he was just jamming DeJoshua Johnson at the line and not even letting him get off all day.

Firsthand evals are the best way to get to know what kind of player you are really getting. Sign him up!

Last edited:
Robey impresses in Knoxville
Frostproof, Florida has been good to the Tennessee football program on more than one occasion in the past. Tennessee's all-time leading rusher and one of their better wide receivers both came from the small Florida community. Over a decade later, another Frostproof native is making waves in the recruiting world and Nickell Robey hit Knoxville for Tennessee's over night camp the last couple of days.

THis guy has very impressive athleticism. Surprised he's not getting more attention than he is

From Rivals:
"I think I did well during the camp," Robey said. "I got MVP and that is always good because it showed that I impressed the coaches. It's always fun to compete because I love to prove myself against the best competition."

Kid must have done well.

VN Store

Back