607 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '09 GA LB Dexter Moody Page 9. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Moody said he was invited to Tennessee’s Orange and White game on Saturday by the Volunteers. ”Me ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #121 (permalink)
The Minister of Defense

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Moody said he was invited to Tennessee’s Orange and White game on Saturday by the Volunteers. ”Me and my dad are planning on going up there,” Moody said. “They talked liked they were going to offer me a scholarship. I don’t know. I guess we’ll see. They just want to meet me in person and everything.”
Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #122 (permalink)
The Minister of Defense

“Coach Thompson said they need some linebackers really bad,” Moody said. “I’m definitely very interested in Tennessee. It wouldn’t be bad to go there and be able to play against Georgia every year. That would be something, taking out some of my feelings against the team that released me. I think it would be fun.”
Old 04-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #123 (permalink)
The Minister of Defense

Moody is ranked as the nation’s No. 8 outside linebacker by Scout, and No. 17 by Rivals.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #124 (permalink)
U-T

I think it is embarrassing that we would take him on

He has a LONG, LONG rap sheet from not just his team but his city and anyone around him will tell you that. Whether it is constant fights, threats, missing meetings, etc....nothing new, by the way

The fact that Richt cut loose completely so early says something when they keep on people like Odell Thurman and others.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
- Frank Herbert
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #125 (permalink)
Ain't Life Grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-T View Post
The fact that Richt cut loose completely so early says something when they keep on people like Odell Thurman and others.
What makes me concerned more than UGA letting him go is why UF or Bammer hasn't sniffed at him since he was let go... They both were after him before, why not now?
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #126 (permalink)
MNV®

Quote:

He has a LONG, LONG rap sheet from not just his team but his city and anyone around him will tell you that. Whether it is constant fights, threats, missing meetings, etc....nothing new, by the way

and if he doesn't behave, he's off the team. I see nothing wrong with letting a guy try to play football.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:

IMO Kiffin knows what he is doing, and has proven if you don't follow the rules, you are gone. In Kiffin we Trust!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #128 (permalink)
13-14 in handshakes

Quote:

If he doesn't behave, he's gone. Who cares about his rap sheet? He'll either behave, play football here or flip burgers.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantone151 View Post
What makes me concerned more than UGA letting him go is why UF or Bammer hasn't sniffed at him since he was let go... They both were after him before, why not now?
"Moody, who earned All-America honors last year at Emanuel County Institute, said he has had contact with several schools, including Florida, Memphis, Central Michigan and Troy, since breaking ties with Georgia last month."
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #130 (permalink)

i agree if he doesnt work out let him pump gas somewhere. here where i'm at i have seen alot of people with bad rap sheets but i have also seen alot of people turn there lives around when you take them away from there comfront zone like there home front. and give them boundries to live by.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #131 (permalink)
The Minister of Defense

give him and Hood a shot
Old 04-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:

I have never read or heard anything like that about this kid. Where are you finding it?

“Dexter is like any other 17-year-old student-athlete that has remarkable athleticism,” [Boyd English, the principal at Emanuel County Institute] told me. “Our job as educators is to prepare Dexter for the future, for life after high school. Dexter’s a great kid and I don’t want things portrayed negatively about one of my students. Dexter’s not a trouble-maker and he’s going to have some other great opportunities.”

Moody’s recruitment, release a mystery | UGA Sports
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #133 (permalink)
Formerly Tennisguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange parmejohn View Post
how talented of a player would we be getting in this kid?
Very talented. He was a high school All-American. I read an article recently that said Moody was a little underrated by the scouts and was projected by some to make a better college player than Washaun Ealey, who was his high school teammate and was rated higher than Moody. Ealey broke the Georgia State record for most TD's scored in a season. It was previously held by Herschel Walker with 45 and Darius Walker with 46. Ealey had 58 his junior year. So, for Moody to possibly make a better college player than Ealey, that is saying something. This kid could really fill a gap for us at the LB position.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #134 (permalink)
"Winning"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexvol View Post
give him and Hood a shot
I agree, put them on a short leash. If they mess up again, they're gone.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #135 (permalink)
Ain't Life Grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDad View Post
"Moody, who earned All-America honors last year at Emanuel County Institute, said he has had contact with several schools, including Florida, Memphis, Central Michigan and Troy, since breaking ties with Georgia last month."
I stand corrected... Did they not offer him before this fiasco?
Reply With Quote TOP