Rivals
Scout

CODYRIGGS09AC150.JPG

Cornerback
Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 170 lbs
Class: 2010 (High School)

UF recruiting breakdown: Secondary | GatorSports.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, FL

Quote:
UF now would like to reel in another star corner from South Florida — Cody Riggs from Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas. Riggs is very quick and fast, a tough CB to beat in man-to-man coverage.

2/19

Cody talks about his recruiting. He is looking for a program that looks to be successful for the time he will be there, has good TV coverage, a favorable depth chart, a good relationship with his position coach and one that can put him in the NFL, and campus life that isn't boring. He is the son of former NFL RB Gerald Riggs and the brother of former Tennessee RB Gerald Riggs, JR. His uncle, Bobby Brown, was a CB at ND.

Rivals $

2/24

From the Rutgers site...Rutgers has offered, joining Notre Dame, Miami, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Boston College.

I saw that earlier today. He doesn't look like his brother and dad.

I was hoping Gerald Riggs can say some good things about UT to his brother. I don't know if that's the case. Family support is really having more weight nowadays. It would be interesting to see when UT is going to offer...

"I had never talked to anyone from Georgia before today," Riggs admitted to UGASports. "Coach Martinez told my coach to have me call him, and he just told me that he saw me play in person at the state title game last year. He has seen a lot of film of me and combined that with my coach speaking highly of me, that they were faxing a scholarship offer today."

"Notre Dame, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Florida were some of the other schools I am thinking about right now," said Riggs.
Per Rivals... Georgia makes his 15th offer. From what I can gather, it looks like Georgia is his #1 with Tennessee, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, and Florida being high on his list. I hope Florida doesn't offer...

I don't think Gerald will help out as far as convincing him to come to UT. I heard he was on a Radio Talk Show in Georgia, and said if he had it to do all over, he would have never came to UT.

I don't think Gerald will help out as far as convincing him to come to UT. I heard he was on a Radio Talk Show in Georgia, and said if he had it to do all over, he would have never came to UT.

IMO it's not going to be the same experience that he got with the old staff but he may not have even made the grade the with the new staff though. Who knows.

IMO it's not going to be the same experience that he got with the old staff but he may not have even made the grade the with the new staff though. Who knows.

He would have been in the NFL with this staff. Riggs was an unreal talent gone to waste. They let him coast and never pushed him. He showed flashes of being an all american but I just dont think he had the drive nor had anyone pushing him to be the best. The more I read from the players now and how much harder this new staff is making them work and how much more disciplined they are just makes me wonder what the hell the old staff has been doing the past few years.

He would have been in the NFL with this staff. Riggs was an unreal talent gone to waste. They let him coast and never pushed him. He showed flashes of being an all american but I just dont think he had the drive nor had anyone pushing him to be the best. The more I read from the players now and how much harder this new staff is making them work and how much more disciplined they are just makes me wonder what the hell the old staff has been doing the past few years.
I think he would have been off the team before his junior year under this staff. Either of his own accord or courtesy of the coaches.

I think he would have been off the team before his junior year under this staff. Either of his own accord or courtesy of the coaches.

Very full of himself. He had the worst attitude that I have ever seen. Also I think he was overrated. The old staff gave him every chance. Heck, Trooper was his coach.

Riggs has been offered by many of the top programs in the country and left South Bend feeling good about the Irish.

"They are definitely my leader, I'd say that," he said.

Word is top defensive back prospect Cody Riggs was put off by the lack of interest showed by Ohio St. during their recent trip to the spring game this past weekend.

DB - Cody Riggs
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Team/School Name: St. Thomsas Aquinas

Player Description: Shut down cornerback Cody Riggs 2008 highlights for 1 team in the country St. Thomas Aquinas in Ft. Lauderdale FL. Led team with 8 interceptions and 30 PBUs.

Video Description: 2008 highlights

Height: 5 ft, 10 inches

Weight: 170 US lbs.
Bench: na

Squat: na
40 Time: 4.38

GPA: 3.67
SAT: na

ACT: na
Graduation Year: 2010

LOL. Yes, I know how much of a talent Riggs was. I am from Chattanooga and he played for Red Bank HS so I heard about him all the time. I wasn't saying he wasn't talented I just didn't know how well he would do with the new staff that's all.

"I'm almost positive Tennessee will be in my top five or eight," said Cody Riggs, who plans to visit UT for its summer camp in June.

Cody Riggs said Florida isn't a strong candidate for his services since the Gators haven't shown as much interest as other schools.

"A lot of the teams I plan on having in my top five aren't in the state of Florida," Cody Riggs said.

I like the sound of that. He plays on the same team as Lamarcus Joyner, Brandon Linder, and Michael Palardy...

Kid also has good grades and a fast 40. Pick him up!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"I haven't narrowed it down yet but there are five schools I am really looking at," he said. "It is Notre Dame, Georgia, Tennessee, Wake Forest, and Florida State. Notre Dame is on top."

Article

We will be playing catch up here. I think UGA will be our biggest competition here. ND will fall off after another subpar season and Riggs sees how cold it is up there in the winter.

The next two commitments for Notre Dame were expected to be cornerbacks Spencer Boyd and Cody Riggs from Florida. Boyd is as close to a sure thing as there is, according to sources, but schools like Florida State, Georgia and Tennessee are making a strong push for Riggs and trying to delay any commitment. Now it appears that Riggs will wait at least until the end of the summer to make a decision based on recent visits from coaches from FSU and others.

Notre Dame is the leader for Riggs, who had 25 tackles, eight interceptions and 25 pass deflections last season, but don't count out Georgia, Tennessee, Wake Forest or Florida State just yet. He said he's still open to other schools and those four have stood out the most.

Per Rivals...

VN Store

Back