Rivals Profile

550215.jpg

Portland (OR) David Douglas

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 235 lbs
Class: 2010 (High School)

Scout $

2/15

From the ND site. Florida, Tennessee, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Notre Dame have offered. He enjoyed talking to Coach Weis and calls him a coach he thinks he could play for. His family plans to move wherever he goes to school.

There's nothing new to really get Tennessee fans excited. He is looking to get out of state and isn't in any hurry to sign. He's interested in taking spring unofficials instead of continuing the camp circuit. I've read that his family will consider moving when he picks his college.

•Owamagbe is Nigerian for love, peace, and joy.

•He's had good things to say about USC, Florida, and Notre Dame--three schools to put in his top-5. I'm unsure who else he's high on.

•4.78 forty timed electronically at a combine.

•became a "national recruit" at the same combine by turning in a dominating performance.

"I want a school with a personable coaching staff that I can trust and communicate with."

"Basically, every school is recruiting me as a d-end, but USC said that I could be a guy who plays in pass coverage as well as being a pass rusher," he explained.

"Off the field, I'm very friendly and very respectful of people," said Owamagbe. "I'm always open and outgoing. On the field, I'm high energy - ready to go, ready to play. I'm excited and intense. I'm a different person."

quote taken from a new article---

I have talked to both Oregon, Oregon State, Notre Dame, UCLA, Cal, Tennessee, Nebraska and Colorado a little bit. I didn't get to talk to Tennessee too long, so I don't have a lot to say. I didn't talk to them enough so I didn't come to a conclusion.

For him to mention Tennessee despite limited contact seems to suggest at least some intrigue. Of course the reporter could've prompted him to address Tennessee specifically as well.

Odighizuwa racked up 96 tackles, 22 tackles for loss, 18 sacks, two pass breakups and two fumble recoveries. His performance saw him earn Conference Defensive Player of the Year, first-team all-conference and second-team all-state.

"i liked the fact that florida has a good football program," odighizuwa said. "the football coaches, i felt were good guys and from what they told me, their graduation rate for football players is 100 percent."

100%?????

"Playing close to home will play a small factor," Odighizuwa said. "But not the ultimate reason."

100%?????

I don't know of any school that can claim graduation success rate in football but in basket ball they are 100%.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=722328
Graduation success rate
The best rates Football Basket Ball
Florida 72 100
Florida State 58 100
Wake Forrest 90 100

SEC rates
Alabama 49 80
Arkansas 53 50
Auburn 59 50
Georgia 41 19
Kentucky 59 23
LSU 51 38
Mississippi State 59 75
Ole Miss 64 55
South Carolina 68 70
Tennessee 52 33
Vanderbilt 91 83

Betting odds on OO are dependent on Ronald Powell's decision between USC and UF.

If Powell goes to USC as expected, then OO woluld be a Stanford lean.
If Powell goes to UF, then USC would be the favored.

Most likely:
Powell to USC, OO to Stanford and UF goes elsewhere in the deep DE class of 2010.

"Florida is still on my top and like I told coach Meyer I plan to take an official visit," he said. "He's been talking to me about their program and what they have to offer with their academics and the opportunity and a chance to play, the chance to compete and play.

Per Rivals...

Doesn't sound like UF offers anymore that any other school. They could all say this. One thing they can't all say. You can come play for Monte Kiffin if you come to UT!

Portland (Ore.) David Douglas defensive end Owamagbe Odighizuwa is on the cusp of earning a fifth star. He is the nation's No. 19 overall player, and he was another player Every said excelled.

"What I loved is that he was the only high-profile defensive linemen that didn't let the elements get to him," Every said. "He battled through all three practices where the heat was a factor, and it didn't slow him down at all. He's got superior overall body structure, is extremely quick off the ball and is very strong. He has a tall, lean, muscular frame."

rivals

Cal Silent. Or at least major rumor that he is.

:wavey:
Have heard this rumor as well. Looks like it'll be a UF, Cal, Stanford battle. Maybe Oregon St and USC.
Also heard rumors that he is waiting for his official visit to Gville with his mom to decide yes/no on the Gators.
:hi:

It's going to be tough for the gators on this one. I believe he has made his mind up and he's going to Cal. As a gator fan, I wouldn't be upset if we lose him but are able to land Ronald Powell.

VN Store

Back