Orson Charles (announcing at 4:30 pm EST)

Volsguy12

Don't think there is a thread dedicated to this guy.

http://tennessee.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=79631

• Tampa (Fla.) Plant athlete Orson Charles has narrowed down his list of schools to five according to sources. The final five, in no order, are Florida State, South Florida, Florida, Tennessee and Georgia. The Dawgs are the team to beat according to many, especially with Charles' quarterback and friend Aaron Murray already committed to Georgia. It is unclear how many official visits Charles will take.

Last edited:
What satisfaction it would be to advise this young arrogant kid....go anywhere but here. We're not your 1st choice so we'd just as soon not have you on campus, have a nice life. The look on this kid's face would be priceless.

What satisfaction it would be to advise this young arrogant kid....go anywhere but here. We're not your 1st choice so we'd just as soon not have you on campus, have a nice life. The look on this kid's face would be priceless.

WTH? Why would that be satisfying? Who would that satisfy? Why don't we just go tell everyone that doesn't have UT at the top of their lists "Go anywhere but here?"

Yeah, that sounds like an excellent recruiting plan. Are you serious with this?

This is a "brilliant" idea! :huh:

Just because they're teammates doesn't mean anything.

Exactly.

Back earlier in the year he got mentioned somewhere and it was pretty clear he was staying in state and it was either FSU or Miami but definitely not Florida. I could be wrong, been out of the loop but i do remember that much about him because it all flew around when he broke the Sears Trophy.

WTH? Why would that be satisfying? Who would that satisfy? Why don't we just go tell everyone that doesn't have UT at the top of their lists "Go anywhere but here?"

Yeah, that sounds like an excellent recruiting plan. Are you serious with this?
Yes I see what you mean but these kids with their attitudes expecting to get their butt kissed in being recruited gets a little tiresome for me.

it looks like Marve won't be coming here!

Where will Marve go?

Florida, Tennessee and LSU were all thought of as possible destinations for Marve — but none of those will apparently be his new home. The release came with three conditions: He can't play for teams in the Atlantic Coast Conference, the Southeastern Conference or the state of Florida. It's common for programs to place restrictions like those on the deal when a marquee player transfers.

Yes I see what you mean but these kids with their attitudes expecting to get their butt kissed in being recruited gets a little tiresome for me.

I agree Dan. I know how you feel. I just have to keep reminding myself that they are 17 year old kids that really don't have any idea what they want most of the time.

Controversy surrounding Miami’s football program may benefit UGA in recruiting one of the nation’s top tight ends.
Orson Charles of Tampa’s Plant High has said he favors Miami over Georgia, Florida, and Florida State.
However, Plant coach Robert Weiner told the Miami Herald that “A player of mine won’t play for [Miami coach] Randy Shannon” again.
Weiner has been disappointed with Shannon’s treatment of former Plant quarterback Robert Marve. He was finally released from his scholarship at Miami this week, but with the stipulation that he cannot transfer to an ACC, SEC or Florida-based school.

VN Store

Back