Aaron Craft Commits to BasketVols

what do you think of this commit VIA? offers from Dayton, Bowling Green and Miami OH??

interesting commit, I cant help but wonder about a guy whose biggest offer was the Flyers

volsguy seems to be on to something there, we were def going after bigger fish at PG so there must be someone else connected to this guy we are going after... i have no clue

5 Stars
Josh Silbert
Adreian Payne
Jared Sullinger
4 Star
Juwan Staten

these are his teammates. Sullinger is already committed to OSU though.

"While players like Jared Sullinger, Adreian Payne, Juwan Staten, and Jordan Sibert get most of the ink for All-Ohio, without Craft they all would have gone home in the semi finals of nationals. In that game Craft hit a driving left handed lay up to give All-Ohio the win, and all game long Craft was the best player on the floor."- Rivals

Plenty of time for him to develop. You certainly have to trust Bruce and Co's talent evaluation skills at this point.

wow good stuff.. i wander if we could steal Staten from Dayton

I can give some inside info on here since I live in Dayton and have seen and played against these kids. Staten is good, but way too short, out of control and times, and thinks of himself as the only person on the team and no one else... forces a lot of stuff.

Adrien Payne: Absolutely no reason he should be ranked as high as he his. Weak as hell, get pushed around on the block, and does not take control of a game.

Josh Silbert on the other hand, is an absolute hell of a player, and I know we are after him. He plays for a very good high school, good program, and tough competition. The kid can shoot the ball.

Sullenger is tough as nails and deserves to be the #1 player in his class.

Out of all of these guys, Craft is the only one I do not know much about, but I will tell you the basketball talent in this area is very good, and Dayton is luring in most of the local boys to stay close to home.

Why is everyone so quick to defend Phil when he accepts a 3 star, but not Bruce?

I think you dont know what you're talking about. I also think that if anyone deserves a pass at this point in time it's Bruce. He's taken a program on life support and turned it around. Phil took a program on the upswing to the next level, but has been unable or unwilling to sustain it.

you had it backwards. Many people will defend Bruce if he gets a 3* because he's a sleeper. If we get a 3* in football people say we should be getting more highly rated guys. At this point i would trust Fulmer's eye for talent more than Bruce's.

you had it backwards. Many people will defend Bruce if he gets a 3* because he's a sleeper. If we get a 3* in football people say we should be getting more highly rated guys. At this point i would trust Fulmer's eye for talent more than Bruce's.

Co-sign.

disagree completely

There is a bit of logic in that Maze will be gone and West will be a junior when Craft arrives, but you still have to wonder here.

If we land a top-notch PG, we'll be carrying 3 PGs. Perhaps he is hedging his bets as far as his backup PG is concerned.

until Bruce underperforms with the talent on hand, he gets a pass from me. Phil continually does less with more talent than anyone this side of Lolyd Carr.

until Bruce underperforms with the talent on hand, he gets a pass from me. Phil continually does less with more talent than anyone this side of Lolyd Carr.

yes but that has nothing to do with finding good talent. Fulmer has proven he can find a 3* that will make a huge impact on the team, Bruce hasn't yet.

yes but that has nothing to do with finding good talent. Fulmer has proven he can find a 3* that will make a huge impact on the team, Bruce hasn't yet.

Fulmer has also proven that he can take a 5 star and get nothing out of him. I'd say that what Bruce did in his first year was pretty freaking awesome.

Fulmer has also proven that he can take a 5 star and get nothing out of him. I'd say that what Bruce did in his first year was pretty freaking awesome.

and what has Bruce done with 5*? Ramar Smith and Duke Crews were studs.

VN Store

Back