'12 JUCO DE Darrington Sentimore (UT Signee 12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey1

Eric Berry's your daddy!
I saw an article recently on him. He loves the SEC and two of the trips he wants to make so far are UT and Bama. He was ranked the 2nd quickest DT in the nation. He's a 4* ranked the 22nd best DT in the nation.

Let's get this guy to Rocky Top! :good!:

Honestly, is there a higher profile program in the country with a bigger need at DT? If you're good and come here your PT is all but assured by your So season. (if not sooner if you're a real stud)

Honestly, is there a higher profile program in the country with a bigger need at DT? If you're good and come here your PT is all but assured by your So season. (if not sooner if you're a real stud)

Depends on your description of high profile. We havent been a national contender for a while and there really hasnt been a huge buzz around the program national wise in a long time so to people outside of the state we are just another mediocre SEC team, that did make it to the SECCG but even that doesnt mean alot outside of SEC fans. I honestly cant tell you who played in the Big 12 Championship right now.

Depends on your description of high profile.

Fair enough. We get plenty of TV time compared to a lot of other schools and when was the last time the College Gameday opening didn't show UT? In fact, the current Big & Rich rendition actually includes "gimme that Rocky Top Tennessee".

How 'bout if I say "Team anticipated to to be ranked in the top 20"?

Fair enough. We get plenty of TV time compared to a lot of other schools and when was the last time the College Gameday opening didn't show UT? In fact, the current Big & Rich rendition actually includes "gimme that Rocky Top Tennessee".

How 'bout if I say "Team anticipated to to be ranked in the top 20"?

I think head1 was referring to our performance on the field which is what really matters. Just because "gimmie that Rocky Top Tennessee" appears in a song for Gameday doesn't mean our program is in an elite class right now. We have to prove it on the field.

I think head1 was referring to our performance on the field which is what really matters. Just because "gimmie that Rocky Top Tennessee" appears in a song for Gameday doesn't mean our program is in an elite class right now. We have to prove it on the field.

We have proven plenty for DTs, such as the number of them playing in the NFL. We have a great pedigree, we just aren't living up to expectations for titles for the time being. I really cannot imagine why we continue to fail recruiting kids to come play DT at Tennessee, when we obviously have little issue filling in other pieces.

'09 LA DT Darrington Sentimore

DARRINGTONSENTIMORE12_7150.JPG

Defensive tackle
Destrehan (LA) Destrehan

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 265 lbs
Forty: 4.6 secs
Class: 2009 (High School)

Defensive tackle Darrington Sentimore, 6-3, 265, 4. 6, is reporting offers from Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M. As a junior, Sentimore had 120 tackles, 31 tackles for loss and 16 sacks.

WholeHogSports.com - THE RECRUITING GUY : Hogs making run at defensive lineman

Quote:
Arkansas is mining Destrehan, La., again.

The Razorbacks signed highly regarded athlete Jerico Nelson in February, and they are back in the small town of about 11, 000, located 22 miles outside of New Orleans, trying to persuade defensive lineman Darrington Sentimore to be part of their 2009 class.

Sentimore, 6-3, 280, 4. 6 speed in the 40-yard dash, is considered one of the best in the nation at his position. He recorded 120 tackles, 31 for losses, and 16 sacks last year for the 15-0 Wildcats, who won the Class 5 A state championship last season.

Sentimore estimates he has more than 25 scholarship offers, including one from the Hogs. He said he plans to talk to Coach Stephen Robicheaux and narrow his list in the next few days and decide which football camps to attend this summer.

Sentimore said Nelson hopes they’ll be teammates again.

“He told me it was a nice place and he really wants to see me up there,” Sentimore said. “He wants me to be a Razorback.” Sentimore and Nelson traveled to Fayetteville for the Razorbacks’ Red-White game in April.

“I like it up there,” said Sentimore, who has a 4. 30 pro-shuttle time “I like the stuff they were saying and what the defensive line coach was telling me. It’s a nice place. They had a lot of fans there for a spring game. I really enjoyed myself up there.

“ I think Coach Petrino has a good personality. I like him. When he first saw me, he gave me some props. He was telling me I come off the ball fast and that I’m a fast kid, I play well with my hands.” Sentimore has outstanding strength to go along with his speed. He has a 385-pound bench press and about a 500-pound squat, and he was impressed with Arkansas’ highly regarded weight room.

“They said it was the best weight room in the nation,” Sentimore said. “It’s like 100 yards [long ] or something like that. That thing is nice.” Just as impressive was the facility’s nutritional area, which features a juice bar and ice cream / protein machine.

“I liked the part when they fixed me a shake up there,” Sentimore said. “It was a banana shake. Oh my God, it was good.”

From the LSU site. Sentimore says that after being at LSU, they are at #1 and he will be waiting for his offer. They have asked him to come back in July.

We have proven plenty for DTs, such as the number of them playing in the NFL. We have a great pedigree, we just aren't living up to expectations for titles for the time being. I really cannot imagine why we continue to fail recruiting kids to come play DT at Tennessee, when we obviously have little issue filling in other pieces.

You're right as far as the DT's go. We have never been able to consistantly get some top guys at that position. LSU seems to get a lot of those guys.

I get what you're saying but Notre Dames's recent non-success has had little to do with it's high profile status. I guess we're getting mired a bit in the semantics. We're still a pretty visible program to not have more high profile DT's, which we've certainly had in the past, and as another poster pointed out is pretty darn anomalous when you consider we're doing much better recruiting other positions.

I get what you're saying but Notre Dames's recent non-success has had little to do with it's high profile status. I guess we're getting mired a bit in the semantics. We're still a pretty visible program to not have more high profile DT's, which we've certainly had in the past, and as another poster pointed out is pretty darn anomalous when you consider we're doing much better recruiting other positions.

I hear ya...it is a bit of a mystery.

Just because we know they are in the NFL doesnt mean they do. Everyone knows Haynesworth that follows the NFL, and maybe Henderson, but after that?

We could have the most in the NFL and I still dont think it would help as much as being a yearly bcs contender and playing in the NC more recently than 10 years ago.

The teams who are hot recruiting are the teams that have been to a NC or close in the past few years.
Ohio State, USC, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma all have been contenders.

On field performance by this team means more to recruiting than anything, in state out of state, period. Wins = recruits, and I dont mean wins in the Outback Bowl.

I do not have an explanation for ND other than the mystique or Weiss flashing his SB rings at recruits.

The fact that the Defensive Coordinator doesn't hit the road to recruit can't help our recruiment of DTs.

The fact that the Defensive Coordinator doesn't hit the road to recruit can't help our recruiment of DTs.

exactly...a DC that hates recruiting, sounds like a receipe for success doesnt it?

"LSU is a good school but they have too many defensive linemen over there," said Sentimore.

good news for us, but I still think LSU may get him.

Last edited:

Good God, yes it does. That's exactly what it means. Rocky Top is nationally known, as is the Tennessee Volunteers. We haven't played exceptionally well the past few years, but UT has, is, and will always be a nationally known football program. Quit being such Debbie Downers, you guys are making me sick. I'm not saying we're where we should be right now, but you better believe if anybody outside the SEC had/has us on their schedule they'll be a bit worried about playing us. (Well, except USC, but cmon who are they worried about playing)

Good God, yes it does. That's exactly what it means. Rocky Top is nationally known, as is the Tennessee Volunteers. We haven't played exceptionally well the past few years, but UT has, is, and will always be a nationally known football program. Quit being such Debbie Downers, you guys are making me sick. I'm not saying we're where we should be right now, but you better believe if anybody outside the SEC had/has us on their schedule they'll be a bit worried about playing us. (Well, except USC, but cmon who are they worried about playing)

Stanford

I agree completely. It is a bit mysterious how they get whoever they want from wherever they want year after year. And with the recent Reggie Bush scandel and whatever offenses that occurred with Joe Mcknight, it's just a matter of time til it all builds up and they get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back