CJP's first UT recruiting class missing on in-state talent

We won't know that until about 3 years from now.

"The Vols' only in-state high school commitment is from Nashville offensive guard Jackson Lampley."

"Only one of the 13 players committed to the Vols' 2019 recruiting class is a high school senior in Tennessee, and the state's top prospects in the class continue pledging to other schools."

We will know sooner than that.

As great as it is to lock down the state I'd take 85 guys from Antarctica if they are winners

Reactions: 19 people
Tennessee HS football isnt same as elsewhere in US. Yes, it has gotten better.

IOW, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"The Vols' only in-state high school commitment is from Nashville offensive guard Jackson Lampley."

"Only one of the 13 players committed to the Vols' 2019 recruiting class is a high school senior in Tennessee, and the state's top prospects in the class continue pledging to other schools."

We will know sooner than that.

This has been discussed 1000 times how the staff isn't overly impressed with the 2019 class. Couple that with some of them not wanting to camp even though the staff uses it as part of their evaluation.Taking instate guys just to take instate guys is how you go 4-8. And if you go to a 9 game conference schedule how you become the first team to lose 9 in program history.

Reactions: 4 people
I have never understood passing on instate guys. I have won multiple titles recruiting Tennessee high school players in Dynasty mode. All you need is a few edit player features.

Reactions: 15 people
And folks wonder why the public's opinion of the media is at an all-time low. This is a joke of an article. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the article clearly did not include Simmons' commitment when they cited just 1 high school senior from the state of TN being committed to UT.

I don't care if we recruit players from Timbuktu, if they're good enough and and are the right fit for the program, it doesn't matter where they're from.

Reactions: 3 people
Thankfully Pruitt dgaf where kids are from. He’s going to recruit who he thinks he can win with. /thread

Reactions: 2 people
If Butch was so focused on in-state recruiting and got the results that he did, it may be wise to focus on Atlanta. I seem to remember in the Fulmer days we had a pipeline from California that brought in many of our best players.

class of '20 has better players anyway, so Coach P just biding his time...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bUTch supposedly built a wall around Tennessee:

(1) Daniel Bituli, (2) Josh Malone (3) Hurd (4) Todd Kelly Jr. (5) D. Barnett (6) Charles Mosely (7) R Gaulden (8) Wharton (9) Jashon Robertson (10) Aaron Medley (11) Drew Richmond (12) Kyle Phillips (13) Jack Jones (14) J Jennings (15) Justin Martin (16) Zack Stewart (17) Lovingood (18) Trevor Daniel (19) Colton Jumper (20) Ryan Johnson (21) Austin Pope (22) Trey Smith (23) Malik Gray (24) Ty Chandler (25) Bumphus (26) Colbert (27) Fant (28) Theo Jackson

If Butch was so focused on in-state recruiting and got the results that he did, it may be wise to focus on Atlanta. I seem to remember in the Fulmer days we had a pipeline from California that brought in many of our best players.

California = Clausen's & A. Foster

VN Store

Back