Joe Osovet recruiting discussion

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
Not keeping this guy (or Sunseri) long as analysts imo.

Reactions: 1 person
Not keeping this guy (or Sunseri) long as analysts imo.

I thought they wanted to hire Osovet as more than an analyst but they couldn't because he wasn't technically allowed to be an on field guy since we have recruits from his JUCO team. Am I wrong?

Edit: Ignore my post Sleegro answered it.

Last edited:
I thought they wanted to hire Osovet as more than an analyst but they couldn't because he wasn't technically allowed to be an on field guy since we have recruits from his JUCO team. Am I wrong?

Opposite. If we had guys from his team he would have to be on field and not an analyst. We didn't end up getting any of his players so we were able to get him as an analyst.

Opposite. If we had guys from his team he would have to be on field and not an analyst. We didn't end up getting any of his players so we were able to get him as an analyst.

Ohhh ok. Thanks for the correction. I thought we picked up one. Sorry, just saw they are all from AWC instead of ASA.

Ohhh ok. Thanks for the correction. I thought we picked up one. Sorry, just saw they are all from AWC instead of ASA.

Yeah I think the OL went to baylor and I don't remember where the cb went.

yeah coach Joe better be getting a FAT raise after this season. Word on the street is he's already a monster behind the scenes offensively and obviously we are seeing his recruiting chops too

Reactions: 5 people
yeah coach Joe better be getting a FAT raise after this season. Word on the street is he's already a monster behind the scenes offensively and obviously we are seeing his recruiting chops too

Interesting. He specializes at Receivers correct?

Offense. He has designed a souped up read option that is supposed to be the cat's pajamas.

It's like the RPO the Eagles were running last year but more vertical deep passing than normal RPO.

Offense. He has designed a souped up read option that is supposed to be the cat's pajamas.

I watched a youtube video of him explaining his "Bolt offense"... in premise I like it...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUMwTEK_cB8[/youtube]

Trey Read run package looks solid... hard to defend
Bazooka 6 Check, if they watch film and know what's coming... asking for a pick 6 or to a blown up though
... if you paired it with a draw checkdown if they crash the bubble screen it'd make more sense I guess :p

X's and O's start at 1:05

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
i watched a youtube video of him explaining his "bolt offense"... In premise i like it...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/YUMwTEK_cB8[/youtube]

trey read run package looks solid... Hard to defend
bazooka 6 check, if they watch film and know what's coming... Asking for a pick 6 or to a blown up though
... If you paired it with a draw checkdown if they crash the bubble screen it'd make more sense i guess :p

edit: What's the youtube embed code on here?

fyp

Last edited:
I watched a youtube video of him explaining his "Bolt offense"... in premise I like it...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUMwTEK_cB8[/youtube]

Trey Read run package looks solid... hard to defend
Bazooka 6 Check, if they watch film and know what's coming... asking for a pick 6 or to a blown up though
... if you paired it with a draw checkdown if they crash the bubble screen it'd make more sense I guess :p

X's and O's start at 1:05

That's called "not giving away all your secrets". IF the Sam goes to give equal numbers in Man, I run the Option with the QB or throw him a Lookie. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

That's called "not giving away all your secrets". IF the Sam goes to give equal numbers in Man, I run the Option with the QB or throw him a Lookie. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

The best way to describe his offense is a true modern version RPO triple option... so you babe your read guys just like in a flexbone or wing- T. You have your dive (Or between the center and guard option) option and then you have your secondary option (QB run in C, D gap) and then you have your third option with the Bubble screen....

But he isn’t really showing his cards, he has some nasty vertical RPO’s...

The best way to describe his offense is a true modern version RPO triple option... so you babe your read guys just like in a flexbone or wing- T. You have your dive (Or between the center and guard option) option and then you have your secondary option (QB run in C, D gap) and then you have your third option with the Bubble screen....

But he isn’t really showing his cards, he has some nasty vertical RPO’s...

Better question... do we have a QB in house that can deliver those vertical throws against an SEC defense?

Better question... do we have a QB in house that can deliver those vertical throws against an SEC defense?

I thought JG vertical ball isn’t bad... don’t know about Chryst...

That would suck if we have that in our tool belt and can’t use it. That would give Alabama and South Carolina fits...

I thought JG vertical ball isn’t bad... don’t know about Chryst...

That would suck if we have that in our tool belt and can’t use it. That would give Alabama and South Carolina fits...

Chryst can't... he's very accurate on short-midrange throws but he doesn't have a vertical arm

JG's got the arm for it but I don't know that I trust his accuracy on a deep ball I don't want him throwing 50/50's deep on 1st/2nd down haha... Maurer looked like he could deliver it but... obviously not this year... haven't seen much film on Shrout

VN Store

Back