Evaluating Vols D line moving forward

Good read. If everyone stays healthy we could be pretty decent there this year. Worried about 2019 though.

Does anyone else think that we could take a major step backward next year with the loss of so many DL players? Sure, the entire team will have a year of experience having played in new systems with new coaches and new terminology, but are we going to rely on the incoming 2019 class too much and too soon to fill voids on the defensive line?

Does anyone else think that we could take a major step backward next year with the loss of so many DL players? Sure, the entire team will have a year of experience having played in new systems with new coaches and new terminology, but are we going to rely on the incoming 2019 class too much and too soon to fill voids on the defensive line?

Need some juco DL. 2020 will be the year we should win some big games. 18 and 19 will be rough

Need some juco DL. 2020 will be the year we should win some big games. 18 and 19 will be rough

Seems like the coaching staff is doing a good job of getting stellar high school talent to at least give the Vols a look, but haven’t seen much about possible jucos for 2019.

Coach Rocker and Coach Rumph are two big-time coaches who get more outta linemen than anybody pretty much else in college football. If the lineup they have doesn’t work, they won’t hesitate to pull somebody off the field and put in somebody that’s effective.

Got sick of watching the two-stars at Florida last couple of years making our line look like Swiss cheese. Why they let him get away I’ll never know. Maybe ‘cause he know Grantham sucks.

Good read. If everyone stays healthy we could be pretty decent there this year. Worried about 2019 though.

The key is the offense being able to keep the defense off the field so the defense can rest. If the offense does not control the ball for around 23 minuets, the defense will give out in the 4th quarter and give up to many points to win the close ones.

Reactions: 1 person
The key is the offense being able to keep the defense off the field so the defense can rest. If the offense does not control the ball for around 23 minuets, the defense will give out in the 4th quarter and give up to many points to win the close ones.

We'd be good to keep the 23 minuets in the Pride of the Southland band section. :)

Repeating myself from another thread, but top three or four DL cannot go 65 to 85 plays a game. Others will have to step up and share the load, so '19 doesn't have to be such a worry in respect to DL experience.

I'm more worried about 2018 DL than 2019, especially if Shy gets hurt again.

For 2019, it will be year two of CJPs S&C program so that will help and recruits will be even better quality.

I think that DL is one of the areas where we'll see one of the quickest turnarounds on the defensive side of the ball. I feel good about the players we have currently, and the recruits who have already committed. It's the OLB and CB positions where we absolutely have to nail our recruiting and player development to be successful with Pruitt's scheme.

Coach Rocker and Coach Rumph are two big-time coaches who get more outta linemen than anybody pretty much else in college football. If the lineup they have doesn’t work, they won’t hesitate to pull somebody off the field and put in somebody that’s effective.

Got sick of watching the two-stars at Florida last couple of years making our line look like Swiss cheese. Why they let him get away I’ll never know. Maybe ‘cause he know Grantham sucks.
2 stars at florida.... seriously? hyperbole much?

Does a book make money every time you turn the page?

Actually, yes it does, buy book, read book, if you like it, you read to the end, then you look at the back cover or coverlet. See author and or books advertised that are similar. No different. Analog vs. Digital, just a different medium!

Actually, yes it does, buy book, read book, if you like it, you read to the end, then you look at the back cover or coverlet. See author and or books advertised that are similar. No different. Analog vs. Digital, just a different medium!

A lot different.

Reactions: 5 people
Does a book make money every time you turn the page?

So your too good to support sources that feed you information? For free? I mean, we're talking about pushing a button here. Its equivalent to turning a page of a book. Not killing babies

BTW don't click next page on any of the threads. Freak might make a dollar

Last edited:

VN Store

Back