6'4'' | 200 LBS
CLASS OF 2019
DILLON, SC
DILLON

Shamar McCollum, 2019 Weakside defensive end - Rivals.com

Shamar McCollum, Dillon, Weak-Side Defensive End

Shamar McCollum - Hudl

A NEW NAME TO WATCH AT OLB?

Dillon, South Carolina outside linebacker Shamar McCollum could be a name to watch for the Vols coming out of the dead period. McCollum camped at Tennessee last week and spent an extended period of time with Jeremy Pruitt following the camp, he told VolQuest.

McCollum is awaiting word the end of the week as to whether the Vols will offer the 4-star pass rusher, who is the No. 2 player in the state of South Carolina.

McCollum played his freshman and sophomore year as a defensive end in a 4-3, but Dillon moved to a 3-4 a year ago and the 6-4, 200 pound prospect played standing up as an outside linebacker. McCollum has SEC offers from Arkansas and Missouri, with Oregon pulling the trigger on Wednesday morning. Those close to McCollum expect he will stay closer to home. The question now is will the Vols offer and become a real factor here?

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Still early. The rankings work themselves out by the end of the year.

He was 216 at UNC camp. Check him out today at the 5 Star camp. Long frame that can pack on weight and very quick. Really impressive today.

Farrell Awards: Time to hand out hardware for #RivalsChallenge

SHOT OF JOLT – Shamar McCollum

This award is in remembrance of the greatest soda ever, Jolt, which was loaded with caffeine and always brought energy to the table. McCollum was a whirling dervish during each rep and seemed to get more active as the event wore on. This kid is the definition of motor.

Honorable mention: Trey Palmer played both ways for his team, as did Theo Wease, Jadon Haselwood and a few others. Justin Flowe doesn’t know the phrase “slow down,” as he did everything at top speed.

-Mike Farrell

Reactions: 4 people
Lightning quick and long. Has a motor as well. Reminds me of raynoch Thompson a bit

DOes this mean we are done at LB or have better on the line trying to reel them in ? I can’t tell anymore with the way this staff recruits kids that play multiple positions . ( not a bad thing ) I just can’t keep up lol

DOes this mean we are done at LB or have better on the line trying to reel them in ? I can’t tell anymore with the way this staff recruits kids that play multiple positions . ( not a bad thing ) I just can’t keep up lol

Who knows. Kid is on the light side so this could be him procuring a spot somewhere while others have him in wait mode

We will see how many end up better than him. I think this kid is going to be very very good

VN Store

Back