Hudl
[hudl]3/4176266/59f148ccd21cbc2610c8908b[/hudl]

Twitter
[tw]1009878768385773568[/tw]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
His film is better than Zion Logue’s 👀🤫😎

Watch him get a bunch of other offers now lol

you think when record labels evaluate your band's body of work they say "Ehhh....." or they say "you know, there is a good amount of potential here, we could really mold them into something special"

They take one look at catbone and run the other way... JK catbone you guys have an excellent sound

Really surprised at his film. And that he doesn’t have more offers and isn’t higher rank. Moves well, good size, gets after, great stance, need to come out lower, but lot of potential

you think when record labels evaluate your band's body of work they say "Ehhh....." or they say "you know, there is a good amount of potential here, we could really mold them into something special"

Yeah true I just saw the offer list and was scratching my head a bit

Lables don’t do development deals anymore. They want to back winning horses. So yeah, it’s probably the former.

camp said he learned of the offer during a conversation with first-year tennessee coach jeremy pruitt after participating in the vols’ camp. “i was definitely, pleasantly surprised,” said camp. “i mean, i had a good camp showing, and we had that little hour break between the two sessions, and they said they wanted to take me upstairs and talk to a couple coaches. So, naturally, my heart started to jump a little bit, knowing that was definitely a possibility of happening.” he said he “didn’t really say too much” when pruitt informed him of the offer, adding that he “tried to” play it cool. “i mean, in my mind, after he said it, of course, i’m going crazy in my head,” camp said. “i want to show emotion, but not too much.”

“tennessee, it’s a very good school, obviously,” he said. "i mean, they have a rich history. They’re an nfl factory. They have my major that i want to major in, which is business. They’re very good in the business aspect of the education part. “and then i’m a fan-base guy. I mean, my phone’s been blowing up all day, ever since i posted it on twitter. I’ve got people right now texting about, ‘gbo,’ and, ‘go vols,’ and stuff like that, so it’s just incredible.”

he also happened to see the vols play in person last year. He said he attended their season-opening win against georgia tech at atlanta’s mercedes-benz stadium to watch his older brother, jalen camp, who’s now a junior wide receiver for the yellow jackets. “my brother is on tech, so i was cheering for tech in that game,” the younger camp said. “but i got to see them in person, not knowing that i was going to have this opportunity (thursday), by the grace of god.”

for now, he’s not rushing to decide on a college. “we’re talking about it,” camp said. “i mean, depending on how things go in the next couple of weeks. I know that a dead period’s about to start here pretty soon. We definitely want to take the stress off. We’re aiming for, like, the third week of my football season.”

Reactions: 8 people
South Forsyth High School (Cummings, Georgia) defensive tackle Jamal Camp and his father chose to attend Tennessee's offensive line-defensive line camp last month for two specific reasons. “I knew that they had a need and Coach Pruitt has been very successful everywhere he's been,” Camp said. “He has a great staff. Coach Rocker is a Lombardi Award winner. I want to learn from the best.”

Camp and his father's decision to workout on Rocky Top paid off as the 6-1, 270 pound lineman landed a Vol offer. “My dad felt like I was going to get an offer if I performed well. He told me they needed a lot of defensive tackles. He told me he thought it was a high possibility. I just went there focused on doing my best and getting better. “I ran a 4.96-40 and I vertical jumped 31.5 inches.”

Camp said he quickly garnered the attention of Rocker and Pruitt in the two session one day camp. “They had an agility, circuit drill to start the camp. One of the player personnel guys called coach Rocker over to see me do that drill and that got the ball rolling. “We had an hour between sessions that was our lunch part and they told me coach Pruitt wanted to talk to me upstairs. Coach Pruitt was making his rounds to see some recruits he was intrigued by and I was one of them. We were sitting in an office and he came in and offered. I didn't even do the afternoon session of the camp.”

In addition to camping at Tennessee, Camp has worked out at Georgia State, Georgia, Vanderbilt and Coastal Carolina. He will not camp anywhere else this summer, but he will see the Vols again. “I talked to coach Rocker right before the dead period. We are planning on going back up there July 23rd. “Tennessee wants to get me back on campus and learn more about me. I'm just coming to visit and spend time with the coaches. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about Tennessee.”

Camp wants to learn more about everything on Rocky Top, but certainly likes what he knows to this point. “They have a rich history of football there. They have been really successful and guys have been successful there in college and the pros,” Camp said. “I look at the coaches and their staff is incredible. They have had success everywhere they have been. Coach Pruitt hasn't been a head coach before but he's a winning coach in college football as is his whole staff.”

-VQ

Reactions: 9 people
Fwiw, he camped at GT as an OL.

I think a lot of schools are waiting to see how he performs his SR year. Could be someone that gets a lot of attention late.

VN Store

Back