Top Ten recruiting finish would be great

Vfl2407

On so many levels....especially for our fan base to have hope for better things ahead.
Mods - move if necessary.

IMO, if the Vols win seven and beat someone they are not supposed to, and win the ones they are supposed to, we will have a top five class.

Reactions: 7 people
Butch sure gave us a big head

Yea he did...

15abff6b-df68-4856-8cbd-a0a2b549ace2.jpg

...the hell am I sposed to do with this thing now anyways?

Reactions: 7 people
Only matters based on who's ahead of you. Number one should be the goal. Ten through six probably doesn't cut it and shouldn't ignite the fans' enthusiasm.

Reactions: 1 person
Given the recruiting tailwinds we have this year, anything outside the Top 10 would be concerning given this staff's reputation for being good recruiters.....

We are in on far more big-time prospects across the board than we have been since 2009. It's not even remotely close.

exactly. i honestly don't care where this class is ranked at this point. it won't be #1, and it won't be 20th.

it will be VERY good...

Reactions: 6 people
Top 5 is a real possibility, especially with a decent year. I have no doubt Pruitt and staff are going to turn us around and back to top contenders in the SEC. This is wildorange, for some reason I can't get my old handle back once I lost my password since my email address has changed. It sucks to lose all my post, nearly 10,000. I am now Woodlawn VOL, Freak if you see this please message me. GBO!

Don't we have to take a smaller class in '19 because of the grad transfers? Won't that limit our ability to get a top class, since the rankings value quantity along with quality? I thought I heard someone say we'd only take about 20.

Only matters based on who's ahead of you. Number one should be the goal. Ten through six probably doesn't cut it and shouldn't ignite the fans' enthusiasm.

If we were to finish 10th nationally as the rankings stand today, we’d be 5th in the SEC and 3rd in the East. That’d be an outstanding class and more than enough to be excited about JP’s first full recruiting class imo.

If we were to finish 10th nationally as the rankings stand today, we’d be 5th in the SEC and 3rd in the East. That’d be an outstanding class and more than enough to be excited about JP’s first full recruiting class imo.

Not sure USCjr stays that high.
Not that they have a bad class but they have 15 commitments to our 10.
Believe its mostly quantity at the moment.

I think we will do very well this year as long as we don’t totally poop the bed. 6-6 or better and we’ll have a top 10 or better

Up until Butch got here I really paid attention to the rankings and recruiting and such. At this point I'm more focused on what we do with what we get, then what we get and what it does for us.

Don't we have to take a smaller class in '19 because of the grad transfers? Won't that limit our ability to get a top class, since the rankings value quantity along with quality? I thought I heard someone say we'd only take about 20.

I am not sure about the numbers including grad transfers (I think we had room for the grads without hurting our 2019 numbers), but the rankings only take the top 20 from each school into account. Anything past your top 20 does not affect the rankings (I am pretty sure).

VN Store

Back