6'5'' | 220 LBS
CLASS OF 2019
TOMBALL, TX
TOMBALL

Logan Compton, 2019 Tight end - Rivals.com

Logan Compton, IMG Academy, Tight End

Logan Compton - Hudl

Update on Texas TE/DE Logan Compton

Hey Guys - a couple of weekends ago I saw Logan Compton at a camp in Houston and he told me that he is moving back to Texas from IMG and has been picking up a lot of interest at DE since the end of spring. He picked up his first offer on defense this past week from Baylor but it seems as though the staff at Tennessee was the first to identify his potential on defense, and pending an eventual visit out there, he's hoping that could turn into something more legitimate. I think that he's been under-ranked because he's been bouncing back-and-forth between Texas and Florida, and that's also messed with his recruitment to this point as well... I think this fall is going to be big for him as he'll likely be the star on the Tomball team that he's transferring back to for his senior season.

-Nick Krueger, Rivals (post on VQ)

Reactions: 2 people
On Michigan and tight ends coach Sherrone Moore...“I’ve been talking to him for a long time,” he said. “He offered me when he was at Central Michigan, now he’s the tight ends coach at Michigan and we’ve kept that relationship going. I met him a little while ago at a camp at Texas State, he came down there and saw me, and he’s a really good guy – I have a really good connection with him.”

On Tennessee and his relationship with defensive line coach Tracy Rocker...“From what he’s seen, he really liked the get-off that I have off the ball,” he said. “He likes my ability to bend and how much ground I can cover in just two steps – about four yards or so – and they’re really impressed with how I was looking in drills. They really want me to come up to Tennessee, camp with them and see what it’s all about, then after that see a couple of games of film of me playing defensive end and see if that could be a potential offer for me.”

Compton seems primed to pick up a number of Power Five offers between the end of summer and his senior season – whether or not that includes the likes of and Michigan or Ohio State is to be determined – but it’s still interesting that he’s looking to take that official visit to Eastern Michigan.

“They’re still hitting me up all the time,” he said. “They really feel like I can be a big steal because these other schools haven’t been hitting me up, they feel like I could come in and dominate at their level and be a very versatile tight end.”

His new potential as a defensive lineman is a very interesting turn in his development – he’ll very likely be a major playmaker this year for Tomball on both sides of the ball. Despite the involvement of Tennessee, should either the Buckeyes or Wolverines choose to offer, they look to be favorites to move to the top of his recruitment.

-Rivals

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back