'19 GA CB Quinton Newsome (Nebraska Commit)

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
423eb95d77246c8ae01271cd600e75a7.png

Rivals

Hudl

6'2
180 LBS

Offers- UGA, Bama, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Vols, Auburn, Penn State, NCST

Vols offered. Teammates with Warren Burrell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people
From 7 on 7s last week.

Suwanee (Ga.) North Gwinnett won it all last year in the 7A, the highest classification in Georgia, and it could be ready to compete for another title this season. Its defense should be good, led by defensive backs Warren Burrell and Quinton Newsome.

Both were outstanding Friday.

Burrell was lining up at cornerback and going against the likes of Blaylock and Jackson, two wideouts that are committed to SEC schools. He was strong against each. Burrell is a long cornerback that can cover a lot of ground with his length and strides.

Newsome was a cornerback last season, but he may be more of a natural safety. He is moving back to free safety this season and he looked awfully good there Friday. He has great range, he is a fluid athlete and he has the frame to really add some muscle to on the next level.

In recruiting, Burrell has already taken official visits to Florida and Tennessee this month and he is set to visit NC State next weekend. A decision could come as early as late July. He is also still considering Auburn, Georgia, Notre Dame and Penn State.

Newsome’s decision is likely a little further out than Burrell’s. He was wearing Alabama gloves Friday and he could visit Tuscaloosa next week before the summer dead period kicks on June 25. Auburn, Georgia, Nebraska, Oregon and Penn State are some of the other schools still under consideration. He plans to take his recruitment into the season.

This duo represents two of the top defensive backs not only in Georgia, but in the South and maybe the country.

- Chad Simmons

Reactions: 3 people
Weren’t in Top 7, but hadn’t offered. Impressive Top 7

[twitter]999316786746183682[/twitter]

Reactions: 1 person
Wonder if he'll come out with a new top 7 now?

Doesn't matter, I know, but I wonder how big the UT offer is to him? Hopefully fairly big.

BGS i have a request thats admittedly OCD but could u add the height and weight to the threads u create. Say after a year or so and u cant remember a guys measurables, u can hover over the name and Volnation gives it to you, with the exception of your threads because you use a picture. I like the pic dont get me wrong just a request

By all accounts, it's him and Burrell that are the stars of that team... and they won the heavyweight division in GA... if he camps well, I'm good with the quality depth if nothing else... if he turns into something special... awesome

McCullough's got Vol orange all over his twitter and he's down to a top 4... Fantastic tape... that's the future SS starter IMO

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
By all accounts, it's him and Burrell that are the stars of that team... and they won the heavyweight division in GA... if he camps well, I'm good with the quality depth if nothing else... if he turns into something special... awesome

McCullough's got Vol orange all over his twitter and he's down to a top 4... Fantastic tape... that's the future SS starter IMO

stars? Maybe recruiting wise but last uear Jayden Mcdonald was the driving force to the state championship. Oline and running backs are being underrecruited imo...Newsome at cb was and ill say it nicely ...meh. Safety is a more natural position for him.

Tennessee offered Newsome Monday and the Vols are now in the mix. Newsome said, "The offer definitely brings Tennessee into the mix. I haven't been there before, but I love the fan base and me and coach Fair have been talking before the offer.

"I plan on visiting soon ."

-Chad Simmons

Reactions: 2 people
I never saw where this thread was even started, so when I opened it just now I went through the entire gambit of VN emotions in about 45 seconds.

1. Confuse
2. Excite
3. Sads
4. We didn't want anyway

I need a nap.

I never saw where this thread was even started, so when I opened it just now I went through the entire gambit of VN emotions in about 45 seconds.

1. Confuse
2. Excite
3. Sads
4. We didn't want anyway

I need a nap.

Your wife says 45 seconds and a nap is accurate.

;)

VN Store

Back