VOLZ now Ranked 19th by 247.....

Evergrenevol

Lux et Veritas
and rising.

We now have 7 commitments. I believe that Middleton’s 3* status will be upgraded to 4* at some point down the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I love the traction we're seeing on the recruiting trail. We just need to keep building these relationships and good things will come.

I am not a smart man. I looked at the rivals link, but the stats posted don't seem to bear out the difference between #15 and #16. How does that work? Exactly the same numbers yield a different average.
I don’t know how they get those averages? All I know is, how they rank a player, and I don’t even know how they do that. Maybe, someone can explain it better than us.

I don’t know how they get those averages? All I know is, how they rank a player, and I don’t even know how they do that. Maybe, someone can explain it better than us.

A players Rivals ranking is dependent upon whether or not they attend a Rivals camp. That factor alone can sometimes be worth a star. Also they don’t MATH much.

Pretty Solid so far, really believe Pruitt can land a top 5 class in the end

That would be awesome and amazing. If he did that on a regular basis then UT should be able to compete with Alabama and Georgia.

I am not a smart man. I looked at the rivals link, but the stats posted don't seem to bear out the difference between #15 and #16. How does that work? Exactly the same numbers yield a different average.

Yep. UT has 7; 3 4* and 4 3* and is 16th. Auburn also has 7; 4 4* and 3 3*, but is 22nd. I assume it has to do with the level of 3* and 4* a player is ranked, such as 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, etc.

Yep. UT has 7; 3 4* and 4 3* and is 16th. Auburn also has 7; 4 4* and 3 3*, but is 22nd. I assume it has to do with the level of 3* and 4* a player is ranked, such as 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, etc.

Crazy isn’t it? Recruiting rankings are incredibly subjective. Many of the recruiting experts / gurus who assign these ratings to players and teams have never even put on a jock strap. The determining factor between a 3* player and a 4* player can be .10 of a point. The same applies for team rankings.

I will say that final recruiting rankings, in general, do give a pretty good overview of the best recruiting classes.

VN Store

Back