DAYTON, OH
(ARCHBISHOP ALTER)

Connor Bazelak, Archbishop Alter, Pro-Style Quarterback

Rivals.com

Connor Bazelak - Hudl

No UT offer yet, visited 4/19.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
"i'm hearing from ohio state, penn state, oklahoma state and tennessee lately, so something could be happening with those four," bazelak stated. "coach (ryan) day from ohio state came to see me throw at my school two weeks ago, and we have been talking a lot since then.

"tennessee is also showing a lot of interest. I visited there in the spring, and they said they're going to come see me throw at my school in may," he continued. "oklahoma state was at my school as well, and they watched me throw also. Penn state is also coming to see me throw in may, and they seem interested."

"my plan is to let the may cycle play out with every school and see who offers," bazelak explained. "in late may i will probably narrow it down to three or four schools, and go back and visit each one in early june." "i'm hopeful of having my decision made shortly after seeing each school," he admitted. "i'm hopeful i can go ahead and make my decision made by late june."

-osu 247

He might want to look at Joe Burrow’s tOSU HIGHLIGHTS...wherever they are.

He does not fit OSU at all. He would kill it under Helton. This kid has a ton of upside.

Deceptively athletic, great motor, high football IQ, etc.....

But seriously, I like the film. He has great hips. The way he rotates his hips, controls his body, and has a nice fluid motion with his passes is great. He's still raw and has some fundamentals that can be coached up but there's definitely a lot of potential here. Ohio HS football is played at a high level and produces very good talent. Glad the Vols are casting their net far and wide for the QB position.

Surprising. I had heard he was going to commit to Kentucky. Sounds like he may be backing off that some since better programs are starting to get involved.

Reactions: 3 people
Poster on tos said his family prefers Kentucky. But that he’s a terrible fit for their offense

A QB just committed to UK

Yup.

Nik Scalzo, Cardinal Gibbons, Dual-Threat Quarterback

The 5-foot-11, 185-pound signal-caller also had offers from the likes of Akron, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Dartmouth, Florida Atlantic, Georgia State, Harvard, Illinios, Louisiana Lafayette, Samford, Tulane, Yale and UNLV. He is ranked by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as the nation's No. 16 dual-threat passer and No. 102 prospect overall in the state of Florida.

"Coach (Eddie) Gran and Coach (Darrin) Hinshaw have recruited me extremely hard these past few weeks and I feel like it was the best fit for me," Scalzo said. "The facility is top notch. It felt like home. The staff is incredible and they treat me like family!"

As a junior, Scalzo helped lead American Heritage to an 11-2 record, completing 175 of his 307 pass attempts for 2,065 yards and 23 touchdowns to just six interceptions. He emerged as a prospect to watch following a sophomore season of 2,221 yards passing and 27 touchdowns to only nine interceptions. The only four games he's lost as a starter is to national powerhouse American Heritage including a 58-57 heartbreaker in the state quarterfinals last fall.

Really good leader and great kid. He plays for my HS's rival of which most highlights show them playing on our field (Fairmont Firebirds). Great program who have dominated their conference but Conner is playing in a traditionally run first wishbone offense. I think his numbers are skewed a bit because frankly the coaches don't utilize their talented players to their fullest extent. Better runner than he looks, elusive but mainly because the triple option lend itself to that. Would love to see what this kid could do in a true prostyle offense but truthfully many passes and completions come from an opponents fear of the run....they really are that proficient.

I'd be suprised if this is our QB in the class.

Really good leader and great kid. He plays for my HS's rival of which most highlights show them playing on our field (Fairmont Firebirds). Great program who have dominated their conference but Conner is playing in a traditionally run first wishbone offense. I think his numbers are skewed a bit because frankly the coaches don't utilize their talented players to their fullest extent. Better runner than he looks, elusive but mainly because the triple option lend itself to that. Would love to see what this kid could do in a true prostyle offense but truthfully many passes and completions come from an opponents fear of the run....they really are that proficient.

I noticed the wishbone. And I hope he is out QB. He has a ton of upside

“Vols want to see him throw, really the same for any of the 2019 QBs. There's one 2019 QB I'm keeping my eye on this summer. It's not Connor. But behind the scenes, there's some quiet confidence that Tennessee may be able to land this potential blue-chipper. We'll see. Won't put out his name for now. Circle back in a month or two.”

Simonton

Reactions: 2 people
“Vols want to see him throw, really the same for any of the 2019 QBs. There's one 2019 QB I'm keeping my eye on this summer. It's not Connor. But behind the scenes, there's some quiet confidence that Tennessee may be able to land this potential blue-chipper. We'll see. Won't put out his name for now. Circle back in a month or two.”

Simonton

:question:

Deceptively athletic, great motor, high football IQ, etc.....

But seriously, I like the film. He has great hips. The way he rotates his hips, controls his body, and has a nice fluid motion with his passes is great. He's still raw and has some fundamentals that can be coached up but there's definitely a lot of potential here. Ohio HS football is played at a high level and produces very good talent. Glad the Vols are casting their net far and wide for the QB position.
You have a football background? Serious question... Not trying to be a jerk.

“vols want to see him throw, really the same for any of the 2019 qbs. There's one 2019 qb i'm keeping my eye on this summer. It's not connor. But behind the scenes, there's some quiet confidence that tennessee may be able to land this potential blue-chipper. We'll see. Won't put out his name for now. Circle back in a month or two.”

simonton
👀

Ah, the Fairmont Firebirds. A unification of the old Fairmont East Falcons (birds) and the Fairmont West Dragons (fire). Former Falcon here...as was Coach Brady Hoke.

I would put Bazelak against any qb in the class imo. Pretty much they all are prospects with no certainties, and he has as much upside as any. I like the VA QB as well but he's been committed to WFU so long that I don't know if he'd flip.

LeGendre isn’t “blue chip” level and VQ doesn’t hint that it’s him. Jaden Daniels does qualify.

Possibly, but the quote was “possible” blue chip player. That would leave it to a guy who is on the rise but not quite there yet. Or we could be looking too much into it all. Either way, it’s promising for this cycle.

VN Store

Back