6-5
CLASS OF 19
WICHITA, KS
(NORTHWEST)

Marcus Hicks, Northwest, Weak-Side Defensive End

Rivals.com

Marcus Hicks - Hudl

[twitter]989270027835715584[/twitter]

hicks is a teammate of three-star running back breece hall, who received an offer from first-year tennessee coach jeremy pruitt’s staff in late march.

Michigan, notre dame, ohio state, oklahoma and oklahoma state are among the other teams that have extended offers to hicks, along with texas, nebraska, oregon, kansas, kansas state, iowa, baylor, n.c. State and washington.

He’s ranked the no. 260 overall prospect and no. 20 weakside defensive end in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. He’s also ranked by 247sports as the no. 278 overall player and no. 17 weakside defensive end in the 2019 class and the no. 2 player from the state of kansas.

All four predictions on the 247sports crystal ball point to oklahoma as the favorite to land hicks. But he told 247sports’ james hale this week, before learning of the tennessee offer, that he’s high on several schools.

“i have been all over,” hicks told hale. “i have been to michigan, ohio state, k-state, notre dame, nebraska and a bunch of schools. They are all pretty great to me, and it’s hard for me to narrow down my list because they are all close as in interest-wise.”

Started out at DL, quickly got moved to OL and hasn’t played any.

Hard pass. Smart move would be to transfer home to Kansas and actually have a shot at playing time.

VN Store

Back