Recruits discuss new SEC hires

Geaux_Vols

Atlanta survey: Prospects weigh in on new SEC hires

Which SEC coaching hire caught your eye the most?

“Tennessee. Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, he was almost like a head coach himself at every school he has been at. He had the green light. I just believe he is going to turn that program around. It is almost like he put an all-star program together. Coach Tracy Rocker, coach Chris Rumph, they are going to turn it around.” — Four-star defensive end Derrick McLendon

“I’m looking at Florida and Tennessee. Coach (Tracy) Rocker used to be at Georgia and recruit our area in Clayton County a lot and built a connection before he left, but now he’s at Tennessee, and that’s pretty good.” – Three-star Clemson tight end commit Jaelyn Lay

“Tennessee, kind of, because they brought in Jeremy Pruitt. I think that he’s going to turn around the program because they have been down a little bit.” – 2019 defensive end Daniel Lavelle

Which new head coach do you think will have the most success in 2018?

“Coach Pruitt at Tennessee. I’ve already seen he’s changing the culture there, getting players and everything.” — Kight

“I think Tennessee, especially with (Jeremy) Pruitt, they’ll change the system around. I’ve been out to a few of their spring practices, and they’re really getting after it.” – Three-star athlete Emmanuel Jenkins

“Tennessee might be. They’ve got a good staff up there and their facilities are top-notch.” – Randolph

Which new head coach hired in 2017 will be the first to win an SEC Championship?

“Tennessee. Coach Pruitt.” — McClendon

“Coach Pruitt and Tennessee. The coaches they brought in across the board will help them a lot.” – Bailey

“Tennessee. I just think they’re going to make a drastic change this year.” – Jenkins

Reactions: 19 people
Love it. And Bailey answers “TN” to every question

I may be a little biased because my kids are Blue Devils, but besides Trevor Lawrence he is probably the best high school quarterback I have seen in Georgia. He is better than Fields already and I saw him play, Harrison High is only about 4 miles from Marietta High.

He is going to skyrocket in the rankings after this year, I think it hurt him he missed half the year last year. He has a chance to set state records this year with how loaded the team is. He has 5 or 6 D1 WR's, a RB with several SEC offers as a SO, a 5* TE, and a top 100 overall LT.

Reactions: 3 people
I can’t wait for fall

So excited to have Mullen replacing Mac

Before the death threats **** I was sure we were stuck with him for another year at least even if he chose to keep all the same ****ty coaches he probably still could of gotten 4th year

Honestly Mullen should of been the choice after Muschamp but Foley always wanted to block it and go after some up and comer with Saban ties

Last edited:
I can’t wait for fall

Before the death threats **** I was sure we were stuck with him for another year at least even if he chose to keep all the same ****ty coaches he probably still could of gotten 4th year

no death threats here. though i can see why a FL fan would jump right to that when Mac is brought up.................:birgits_giggle:

I can’t wait for fall

Honestly Mullen should of been the choice after Muschamp but Foley always wanted to block it and go after some up and comer with Saban ties

I see why you're excited. Mullen has an excellent track record working with QBs, and that's the position that's caused UF's offense to struggle lately.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
I can’t wait for fall

I think Florida has a leg up this year and probably next , but the vols are gonna be the next resurgent program in 20 ' .

VN Store

Back