6-0
CLASS OF 19
SPANISH FORT, AL
(SPANISH FORT)

DJ James, Spanish Fort, Cornerback

Rivals.com

DJ James - Hudl

[twitter]985271654262681600[/twitter]

dj james has been committed to mississippi state for nearly two months, but that didn’t stop him from visiting tennessee on saturday for the first time.

The three-star junior cornerback from spanish fort (ala.) high school traveled to knoxville on saturday to take his first look at the vols, and he posted saturday on his twitter account that he received a scholarship offer from new tennessee coach jeremy pruitt’s staff during the visit.

“after a great talk with coach pruitt, i am extremely blessed to say i have received an offer from the university of tennessee!! #gbo #govols,” james tweeted.

The 6-foot, 175-pound james announced his commitment to the bulldogs on feb. 24. He now holds offers from a dozen schools, including florida, ole miss, missouri, kansas, memphis, troy, uab, south alabama and southern miss.

James committed to mississippi state less than two weeks after he picked up an offer from new bulldogs coach joe moorhead’s staff.

For what, I’m looking for a couple of posters that claimed the rankings made certain states more talented. Lol

I agree with what you said about rankings and all that. I’am curious though BB? Why are all of these recruiting sites not seeing these kids as much? I trust your opinion you seem to really know your stuff.

Am I the only immature idiot that did a coffee spit take at this banner Ad?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180415-104308.jpg
    Screenshot_20180415-104308.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: 3 people
I agree with what you said about rankings and all that. I’am curious though BB? Why are all of these recruiting sites not seeing these kids as much? I trust your opinion you seem to really know your stuff.

These kids a lot of times don’t camp right or wait to camp until their Senior years. Also most of these stars don’t start until their Junior years in Alabama. They have talent in front of them. Pruitt and the DC know this.

Mississippi State commitment DJ James, a three-star cornerback from Spanish Fort, Ala., had enough interest in Tennessee to make the trip to Knoxville even without an offer from the Vols, but they extended an offer to him Saturday while he was on campus. James has been committed to Mississippi State for less than two months, and he made it clear he’s still open to other options, with Tennessee now likely being one of his top choices behind the Bulldogs. James was familiar with Pruitt from his time at Alabama and was impressed with his first look at the Vols, and he’s currently planning to make the trip to Tennessee again in the coming months.

- Callahan

Reactions: 2 people
Spanish Fort, Alabama cornerback DJ James has been committed to Mississippi State since late February and remains solid to the Bulldogs, but Tennessee has the 3-star prospect's attention after Saturday's visit and Vols offer.

The 6-foot, 180-pound James was in Knoxville over the weekend to see Tennessee for the first time and that's when he was told he was wanted on Rocky Top. “I was excited about it,” James said of the offer. “I was kind of expecting it based on the way they were talking to me before I came up there.”

James' interest in the Vols stems from his relationship with head coach Jeremy Pruitt. “Coach Pruitt and I have had a relationship for a while,” James aid. “I visited Alabama several times when he was there and we have talked a good bit.”

In fact, it was Pruitt specifically that got James to Rocky Top on Saturday when he saw Tennessee for the first time and took in the vols Saturday night scrimmage. “I like coach Pruitt,” James said. “I didn't know the facilities there were that nice.

“I'm interested them. I am still committed Mississippi State, but Tennessee is very interested in me and I like them.” As for what he saw specifically with the Vols scrimmage, James believes he would fit in well with the Vols defensive style. “I like how they play. I would fit in nicely in their defense,” James said.

James is not in a huge recruiting rush. He will visit Mississippi State next weekend and any official visits he elects to take, he will take after his senior season before signing in December.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
These kids a lot of times don’t camp right or wait to camp until their Senior years. Also most of these stars don’t start until their Junior years in Alabama. They have talent in front of them. Pruitt and the DC know this.

I believe that is 4 CBs offered from Alabama

5 from TN

And 3 form NC.

VN Store

Back