6-3.5
CLASS OF 19
WAKE FOREST, NC
(WAKE FOREST)

Jaden McKenzie, Wake Forest, Defensive Tackle

Rivals.com

Jaden Mckenzie - Hudl

[twitter]976633926830747648[/twitter]

three-star junior defensive lineman jaden mckenzie of wake forest (n.c.) high school posted wednesday night on his twitter account that he received a scholarship offer from tennessee.

"extremely (blessed) to have received my 14th offer to the university of tennessee #volnation," he tweeted.

It was the first sec offer for the 6-foot-3.5, 280-pound mckenzie, who also holds offers from north carolina, duke, virginia, west virginia, wisconsin and wake forest, among others.

He's ranked the no. 822 overall prospect and no. 57 defensive tackle in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class. He's also ranked by 247sports as the no. 594 overall player and no. 40 defensive tackle in the 2019 class.

Jaden Mckenzie > jalen Mckenzie. Lol this had me so confused when I first saw this.

I don't understand how these 3 star recruits are going to "get us ranked right at the top" like Pruitt said. Another "sleeper"?

I don't understand how these 3 star recruits are going to "get us ranked right at the top" like Pruitt said. Another "sleeper"?

Many 3 stars in the spring become 4 stars in the summer and fall. Not sure a recruit can be called a "sleeper" if they have over a dozen offers in March of their junior year.

Go look around on the first couple pages of this forum. A bunch of kids with 5 star offer lists who are 3 stars on the recruiting sites. Those rankings will update after spring, again after summer, and once more after their senior seasons.

A "sleeper" would be someone with no power 5 offers at this point. This kid isn't in that group. :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Many 3 stars in the spring become 4 stars in the summer and fall. Not sure a recruit can be called a "sleeper" if they have over a dozen offers in March of their junior year.

Go look around on the first couple pages of this forum. A bunch of kids with 5 star offer lists who are 3 stars on the recruiting sites. Those rankings will update after spring, again after summer, and once more after their senior seasons.

A "sleeper" would be someone with no power 5 offers at this point. This kid isn't in that group. :hi:

Going for bodies that can accomplish what he wants on the field. Pruitt identified one in a 3 star last season that Saban ended up dancing for.

But unlike Butch you don’t see us already having 3 or 4 low ranked kids already committed. He is offering the kids he thinks have a chance of blowing up.

Recruiting websites value Pruitt’s opinion. You will see a lot guys get a bump that are heavily targeted by him

Source was some national writer at 247. He’s been accused of giving players the Bama bump

Last edited:
We must have over 30 offers out across the DL

Both lines of scrimmage must be completely built. Notice I didn’t say rebuilt. LOS has been terrible for a long time. Even the great rushing stats for 2015-16 were made with a Qb with great escapability. DL has been embarrassing bad the last two seasons.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back