'18 CB Terrence Alexander (Grad Transfer)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
Terrence_Alexander_DB_06272017_428.jpg

CORNERBACK
5'10'' | 187 LBS
CLASS OF 2014

Rivals.com

Terrence Alexander, John Curtis, Cornerback

Terrence Alexander Stats, News, Videos, Pictures, Bio - Stanford Cardinal - ESPN

Tennessee hosted Stanford grad transfer cornerback Terrence Alexander. Here is the interview.

- Price

Untitled on Vimeo

In the vide he sounds pretty sold on UT. But is also visiting LSU and USCe. Originally from New Orleans.

Terrence Alexander - 2018 Track & Field Roster - Stanford University

He ran track at Stanford too. 10.95 100m.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZzdCco9tK8[/youtube]

Terrence_Alexander_DB_06272017_428.jpg

CORNERBACK
5'10'' | 187 LBS
CLASS OF 2014

Rivals.com

Terrence Alexander, John Curtis, Cornerback

Terrence Alexander Stats, News, Videos, Pictures, Bio - Stanford Cardinal - ESPN

Tennessee hosted Stanford grad transfer cornerback Terrence Alexander. Here is the interview.

- Price

Untitled on Vimeo

In the vide he sounds pretty sold on UT. But is also visiting LSU and USCe. Originally from New Orleans.

Terrence Alexander - 2018 Track & Field Roster - Stanford University

He ran track at Stanford too. 10.95 100m.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZzdCco9tK8[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn’t seem to fit the height preference of a Pruitt DB

Maybe we’re desperate for anyone that can play on the backend

Reactions: 2 people
Should be down to 10 spots available in next season’s class. About the amount of commits we’ll get anyway.
giphy.gif

Plays with an edge no doubt...

Don't see much either of us have to lose. Getting coached by a defensive guru like Pruitt and we need some depth a CB...

Good business for both...

He speaks very well educated like J. Dobbs so you know he is smart too in the books especially to be able to graduate from Stanford. Sounds very mature too and has leadership skills it appears. Also, seems to be quite a trash talker on the video film. LOL He will fit right in the SEC!

All I know about this guy is he has game experience and came from a good HS. Would be great for the rotation imo.

Last edited:
Terrence had a reasonably good season in 2015 based on the Stanford website stats.

Plays with an edge no doubt...

Don't see much either of us have to lose. Getting coached by a defensive guru like Pruitt and we need some depth a CB...

Good business for both...

I think the issue now is any Grad Transfer we take is going to count against next years 25 scholarships.

That being said Pruitt might feel we have to somehow make a bowl next year or risk fading even further into irrelevancy.

He speaks very well educated like J. Dobbs so you know he is smart too in the books especially to be able to graduate from Stanford. Sounds very mature too and has leadership skills it appears. Also, seems to be quite a trash talker on the video film. LOL He will fit right in the SEC!

This is said a lot on here but always think of this:

https://vimeo.com/168533447

Last edited:
I think the issue now is any Grad Transfer we take is going to count against next years 25 scholarships.

That being said Pruitt might feel we have to somehow make a bowl next year or risk fading even further into irrelevancy.

I agree..But we really should have very little problem getting bowl eligible this season. 3 gimme OOC wins plus we have no business losing to UK, Vandy, Mizzou and to a lesser extent UF also. I just have a hard time seeing this staff not getting atleast 6 wins. Really think it's closer to 7 or even 8 with some break's and good luck.

The QB I understand but this pickup and the RB are off to me. I like this guy more than picking up the RB but you can develop the young talent at DB and roll with it.

I remember how excited many on here were when Wiggins came here. He played physical as well. That seemed to work out very well.

I agree..But we really should have very little problem getting bowl eligible this season. 3 gimme OOC wins plus we have no business losing to UK, Vandy, Mizzou and to a lesser extent UF also. I just have a hard time seeing this staff not getting atleast 6 wins. Really think it's closer to 7 or even 8 with some break's and good luck.

Honestly I kind of feel like UF will be an easier opponent than Mizzou this year. They were as bad as us last year, we get them at home, and for once playing them early in the season might actually work in our favor.

I don’t think staff is going to kill 2019 because we sucked last year and are playing catch up. Hence the transfers. 2020 should be big

Honestly I kind of feel like UF will be an easier opponent than Mizzou this year. They were as bad as us last year, we get them at home, and for once playing them early in the season might actually work in our favor.

I agree! It will definitely help having both games in Neyland and like you said playing UF early with QB issues for them too should benefit us. Honestly with Mizzou they weren't near as impressive as they were at first glance. Locke put those big numbers up during their winning streak where they didn't beat a single bowl eligible team. Then they played a good defense in Texas in their bowl game and really struggled, while getting the brakes beat off them. If it was in Mizzou, I wouldn't feel as confident but love catching them in Neyland. Definitely a chance to finish 4-4 in the SEC.

I agree! It will definitely help having both games in Neyland and like you said playing UF early with QB issues for them too should benefit us. Honestly with Mizzou they weren't near as impressive as they were at first glance. Locke put those big numbers up during their winning streak where they didn't beat a single bowl eligible team. Then they played a good defense in Texas in their bowl game and really struggled, while getting the brakes beat off them. If it was in Mizzou, I wouldn't feel as confident but love catching them in Neyland. Definitely a chance to finish 4-4 in the SEC.

Yeah Mizzou's defense was pretty bad last season too. Their offense can be dangerous when it's rolling, but they're far from an unstoppable force. I'm kind of hoping we manage to get both of them.

Hyams reported that the staff can still take 2 recruits and it not impact 2019. The way in which this would be done is to get two of the current players in the 2018 class to blue shirt. Thus far none of the grad transfers have impacted the 2019. It seems extreme to me to say that losing 1 scholarship for 2019 would resulting in tanking the class. Honestly it seems like a wise move to me. With our schedule this year, it is going to be extremely difficult for any coach to do well. With that in mind, most people will be calling for Pruitt's job after season 1. This may help alleviate some of that drama and build hype for the following season.

VN Store

Back