DT
6-2
CLASS OF 19
PINSON, AL
(CLAY-CHALKVILLE HIGH SCHOOL)

DJ Dale, Clay-Chalkville High School, Defensive Tackle

Rivals.com

DJ Dale - Hudl

Vols offered in January and he visited today.

[twitter]974430897394081792[/twitter]

tennessee hosted an important unofficial visitor on thursday. D.j. Dale, a four-star defensive tackle from alabama, got a close-up look at the vols in knoxville and posted a picture from his visit on his twitter account on thursday night.

The 6-foot-2, 330-pounder out of clay-chalkville high school in pinson, ala., is the no. 191 overall player and no. 10 defensive tackle prospect in the 2019 class according to 247sports.

The vols extended a scholarship offer to dale back in january, and his offer list includes a handful of sec programs.

Ole miss and mississippi state were dale's earliest offers, and auburn pulled the trigger the same day as tennessee with alabama offering a week later. Florida state and texas a&m offered in february. Clemson also is in the mix for dale.

Dale's visit to tennessee follows his visits to alabama and auburn last month and clemson earlier in march.

Reactions: 2 people
His teammate will be on campus Sunday and he’s a baller at DB. Not 6’0 so I don’t know if the staff will like him but he’s the real deal.

Reactions: 1 person
The names of kids these days crack me up. “There’s DJ “disco” dale sacking the quarterback for the second time this half”

The kids keep posting pictures in the smokey gray's. I wonder if the coaching staff has a change of mind, since the recruits seem to like the look.

The kids keep posting pictures in the smokey gray's. I wonder if the coaching staff has a change of mind, since the recruits seem to like the look.

Doubt it, probably because a bunch of smokey gray merchandise is on sale now lol.

"Dale is a physically dominant player and fits the role of the the classic run stuffing tackle in the middle of the defense. He has the size and strength to take on double teams and free up space for linebackers for plays. He isn’t a bad pass rusher either, and he is surprisingly quick for his size. He has keen spacial awareness and can bully opposing offensive lineman."

"He took an unofficial visit to Knoxville back on March 15th and has been high on the Vols for a while. Tracy Rocker is the lead recruiter for him for the Vols, and Dale has developed a good relationship with UT’s defensive line coach."

-C. Collier

Dominant Defensive Lineman Puts Vols in Top 5 | Rocky Top Insider

It will take 2 cycles.. Then game on

Not so sure about that.

I know we gave up a ton of yardage on the ground last year. I think most of that was them getting back on the field to quickly due to poor offensive possessions.
And...lack of proper motivation.

But I really feel like the bodies we have across the D-line are good collectively.

Tuttle 6"2 310
Butler 6'4"280
Crosby 6'2" 320
Phillips 6'5 280
Kongbo 6'5 270
Johnson 6'4 290
Enerson 6'4" 300
Gooden 6'4 310

Then look at our LBs
Bituli 6'3 240
Smith. 6'3 235
Allen 6'5 254
Taylor 6'4 250
Johnson 6'3 245
Thaxton 6'5" 240

We're not small or unathletic like CJP is making us out to be.

I think we have the horses now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Kid is criminaly underrated with all the big time schools after him. I think bama gets him if they push hard but if not, vols stand a very good chance. Auburn and FSU are also schools to watch out for.

Not so sure about that.

I know we gave up a ton of yardage on the ground last year. I think most of that was them getting back on the field to quickly due to poor offensive possessions.

But I really feel like the bodies we have across the D-line are good collectively.

Tuttle 6"2 310
Butler 6'4"280
Crosby 6'2" 320
Phillips 6'5 280
Kongbo 6'5 270
Johnson 6'4 290
Enerson 6'4" 300
Gooden 6'4 310

Then look at our LBs
Bituli 6'3 240
Smith. 6'3 235
Allen 6'5 254
Taylor 6'4 250
Johnson 6'3 245
Thaxton 6'5" 240

Where did you see Allen is at 254??

Not so sure about that.

Tuttle 6"2 310
Butler 6'4"280
Crosby 6'2" 320
Phillips 6'5 280
Kongbo 6'5 270
Johnson 6'4 290
Enerson 6'4" 300
Gooden 6'4 310

Then look at our LBs
Bituli 6'3 240
Smith. 6'3 235
Allen 6'5 254
Taylor 6'4 250
Johnson 6'3 245
Thaxton 6'5" 240

Definitely agree. We should see an improved defense this year, & I think we will. The big question, for me, is: can the offense consistently produce... If we get good, consistent QB & offensive line play I think we win 6-8 regular season games.

Bringing in Shoop was disastrous! In hindsight Janeck’ defenses performed much better.

Go VOLS!!!

Definitely agree. We should see an improved defense this year, & I think we will. The big question, for me, is: can the offense consistently produce... If we get good, consistent QB & offensive line play I think we win 6-8 regular season games.

Bringing in Shoop was disastrous! In hindsight Janeck’ defenses performed much better.

Go VOLS!!!

I actually liked Shoop.
As soon as he got here...he lost JRM and then Kirkland...
He kept losing key players.
Sutton and McKenzie...many more.

And Butch dumb @$$ kept going 3 and out with Fast and Furious bs offense.

However...Shoop was not flexible.

He could make adjustments within is scheme better than most.

But sometimes he needed to deviate largely from his base scheme.

He would trout his 4-2-5 defense against Power spread with an H-Back and get ran over....

Just watch him Mississippi State. Butch did no one any favors.

Reactions: 1 person
Not so sure about that.

Tuttle 6"2 310
Butler 6'4"280
Crosby 6'2" 320
Phillips 6'5 280
Kongbo 6'5 270
Johnson 6'4 290
Enerson 6'4" 300
Gooden 6'4 310

Then look at our LBs
Bituli 6'3 240
Smith. 6'3 235
Allen 6'5 254
Taylor 6'4 250
Johnson 6'3 245
Thaxton 6'5" 240

There's definitely some pieces to work with in the front 7. We're gonna need them to be fairly stout against the run if want to get to a bowl this year.

Hopefully the offense tries a bit more consciously to slow things down and give the defense a rest. We've been terrible the last two years in time of possession and it has definitely exacerbated some defensive issues.

VN Store

Back