Offer this kid right now

we're not paying assistants a half million dollars to go after 2 star players...we're on to 3 star now...progress...:)

GO VOLS!

He signed with Nevada in February.

pepper-and-cotton.gif

Davonte Lee is his name, in case you want to check him out later on down the road.We may have looked over this one!

Reactions: 1 person
I could be wrong, but typically when I see someone who dominates at a level because of their physicality, it doesn't tend to translate well to the next level. Don't know if you remember him, but Sam McGuffie was a huge internet phenom that went to Michigan, and never played. Trent Richardson at the college level, was huge and could truck anyone, in the NFL, he was just another dude.

I could be wrong, but typically when I see someone who dominates at a level because of their physicality, it doesn't tend to translate well to the next level. Don't know if you remember him, but Sam McGuffie was a huge internet phenom that went to Michigan, and never played. Trent Richardson at the college level, was huge and could truck anyone, in the NFL, he was just another dude.

Travis Henry ran for 4,000 yards his senior year in HighSchool by trucking everyone and their brother. Still Tennessee’s all-time leading rusher.

I'll be interested to see how he does at Nevada. Every single rush in that highlight video was a fistfight, absolutely awesome to watch a player like that.

Unfortunately, (and I'm definitely no scout here so grain of salt necessary) speed may be why he didn't have a third star on his ranking. Doesn't matter if you can out-physical one or two defenders at a time, if in college three or four are hitting you simultaneously.

VN Store

Back