'19 CA QB Ryan Hilinski (uscjr transfer)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster

Rivals
ESPN
HUDL

No Vols offer to date but visited on 2/22/18

Ryan Hilinski came to Nikes The Opening regional camp Sunday in Los Angeles as a 3-star prospect with 14 Power 5 offers. More offers are surely on the way.

Hilinski performed well at the camp and won quarterback MVP honors. He then received an offer to compete at the prestigious Elite 11 camp this summer.

Tennessee has lightly recruited the Orange, Calif., native to this point. After this performance, that could change in a hurry.

The 6-foot-4, 222-pound Hilinski checked out Tennessee on Feb. 22 and seemed to have a good visit.

I dont have an offer from Tennessee currently, and I didnt pick one up when I was visiting either, but I thought it was a great trip still, Hilinski told SEC Countrys Hale McGranahan.

We talked to Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt for about an hour-and-a-half. Talked to him, talked to [offensive coordinator] Tyson Helton and saw their future plans and all that stuff.

Pruitt and Helton wouldnt have taken that much time out for just anybody. There is legitimate interest in Hilinski, even if an offer has yet to come.

Hilinski seems to be the right fit into Heltons pro-style offense, but thatll become clearer once the Vols play some games this fall. He rates as the No. 12 pro-style quarterback in the class, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

Coach Pruitt being a first-year coach, you might want to second-guess Tennessee, but I think its going to be a great program for the years to come, Hilinski said. I just want to see what offense theyre running and get a better feel for them. Theyll be out here in the spring, in Cali, coming to watch me and maybe offer then, but well definitely see about that.

-- SECCountry

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Edit: Wow the staff is fast. Thanks for fixing the thread title, VN.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back