'18 RB Madre London (Grad Transfer Committed to UT)

Reactions: 6 people
Another St. Thomas Aquinas alumni. Keep the pipeline going with this HS.

Notice that connection too. Smart. Gives that room an older presence from a winning program. Mature body addeffir depth. Need 4 backs ready in this league. Pruitt doing good job of limiting risk at positions. Now give me an ol

Just off the phone with Madre London....Said it was a no brainer for him because of the opportunity and that Tennessee is looking for a bigger running back. He has one year to play and will be here to watch spring practice and for the spring game before officially arriving this summer.

- Price

Reactions: 10 people
the 6-foot-1, 218-pound london said he also drew interest from oregon, usc, louisville and georgia. But he said tennessee had been “showing the most love” since he requested his release from michigan state last month.

“i had narrowed down the list of who i was going to talk to and going to consider, and they were just showing the most love and everything,” london told govols247. "i felt like i was going into a good situation, as far as the coaches are brand new, so they have an open mind with how they want things, and how coach pruitt’s mindset is to run the ball and all that. “it was just a good situation that i was going into, so i just felt like that’s the place i wanted to be at.”

“they were basically keeping it real, saying that, with what they’ve seen from film and what they’ve heard about me, there’s no way i shouldn’t be coming in and starting right away,” london said. “they said, of course, there’s going to be competition regardless. But what really satisfied them about me was that i’ve played in big games. I’ve not going to be shellshocked when i see 105,000 people in the stands and stuff like that, so they were saying they need a veteran-type running back that’s used to playing in big games. “just coming into a situation that they have younger running backs, so i just want to help the team win and carry those guys, too, to be the best we can be.”

“it’s the sec, too, so it don’t get no better than that,” he said. “i’m going to be competing with great players every week, so that’s just going to level up my game. It should be exciting.”

while london hasn’t been to tennessee’s campus, he said he’s planning to make his first trip to knoxville this spring. “i know i’m going to be trying to take a visit soon,” he said. “i know i’m going to try to go to the spring game, for sure. I’m going to go out to a practice before the spring game and get acclimated to the playbook and see things like that — how they do practice and stuff — not just the spring game. I’ll be out there soon — real soon.”

Reactions: 8 people
2017 SEASON (JUNIOR): 70 carries for 265 yards in 10 games (3.8 avg; 26.5 ypg), surpassing last season’s total in both carries and yards . . . also had a career-high eight catches for 59 yards and his first career TD catch . . . posted season-high rushing yards and carries in Michigan and Minnesota games . . . had four rushes for 16 yards and added one catch for 11 yards at No. 11 Ohio State . . . started for second time this season in Indiana game, rushing for 13 yards on six carries and had one catch for 14 yards . . . made first start of season at Minnesota and rushed for season-best 74 yards on 16 carries with a long of 18 yards and including a 3-yard TD, adding one catch for 5 yards . . . rushed for 59 yards on 10 carries at No. 7 Michigan, including a season-long 50-yard rush in the second quarter; added two catches for 19 yards, including his first career TD catch in Michigan game, scoring on a 16-yard catch and scamper for a score for MSU’s second TD of the game . . . was named the team’s offensive “Unsung Hero” against the Wolverines . . . tallied 4 yards on six carries in Iowa game . . . posted four carries for 10 yards to go with two catches for 7 yards against Notre Dame . . . rushed eight times for 28 yards vs. Western Michigan and added a 3-yard catch . . . scored MSU’s first rushing TD of the Bowling Green game, giving the Spartans the lead that they would not relinquish on a 7-yard scamper up the middle, finishing with 10 carries for 54 yards (5.4 avg.) . . . also had tackle on special teams.

2016 SEASON (SOPHOMORE): Rushed for 120 yards on 28 carries (4.3 avg.) in 10 games . . . also saw action on special teams . . . had season-best output vs. Rutgers with nine carries for 52 yards and tied career-best with two rushing TDs . . . rushed seven times for 39 yards at Indiana . . . saw action in Furman game, tallying 14 yards on five carries and adding one catch for 15 yards.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm glad we are adding some depth and competition at key spots, but I hope they do not just give up on CFA and Chandler. I know Pruitt wants bigger backs, but we can phase those in while using the talent that we do have at RB. Chandler is a star and CFA improved a lot last year.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm glad we are adding some depth and competition at key spots, but I hope they do not just give up on CFA and Chandler. I know Pruitt wants bigger backs, but we can phase those in while using the talent that we do have at RB. Chandler is a star and CFA improved a lot last year.

They have already gave up on CFA at running back as he is now a DB. Chandler is a good talent and will get on the field. I expect him to make a big improvement this year after a full year in a off season in a competent s&c program.

They have already gave up on CFA at running back as he is now a DB. Chandler is a good talent and will get on the field. I expect him to make a big improvement this year after a full year in a off season in a competent s&c program.

They’re trying him at DB. It’s an evaluation to see if his athletic skills fit better in accordance with team. Real coaches can do that and not “gave up”.

Reactions: 3 people
They’re trying him at DB. It’s an evaluation to see if his athletic skills fit better in accordance with team. Real coaches can do that and not “gave up”.

Gave up is probably a pretty harsh term but I would not expect to see CFA back at running back unless he is just a really bad DB AND there are injuries at RB.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back