Sanctified Vol
14_8142538.JPG

OT
6-5
CLASS OF 19
Lawrenceville, GA (Mountain View)

247 - Jaelin Humphries, Mountain View, Offensive Tackle

RIVALS - Rivals.com

OFFERS - UGa, USCe, AppSt, Aubby, Cinci, Buffs, ECU, Gators, GaSou, IowaSt, LSU, Neb, OleMiss, Cuse, Temple, VOLS, WF

[HUDL]3/5637929/5a0e4d5115f5a709a0ddb70e[/HUDL]

four-star junior offensive tackle jaelin humphries of mountain view high school in lawrenceville, ga., posted on his twitter account that he received a scholarship offer monday night from tennessee.

"blessed to receive my 7th sec offer from the university of tennessee #vols," he tweeted.

The 6-foot-5, 301-pound humphries also added an offer from mississippi state on tuesday, and he now holds offers from more than 15 schools, including georgia, south carolina, auburn, florida, lsu, nebraska and ole miss.

Humphries is ranked the no. 219 overall prospect and no. 23 offensive tackle in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class.

Pic has him posing as a Phoenix, rising from the ashes... Much like the Tennessee football program. Symbolism says Vol.

AUBURN: "I have visited Auburn once so far and when I was on campus, it was just a great feel. I liked the environment and the atmosphere there. I got to hang out with coach [Rodney] Garner and he has put out a lot of great defensive linemen. We had a great conversation and his track record with defensive linemen really stand out to me. What he has done with guys like Derrick Brown and others he has coached is impressive."

FLORIDA: "I took my first visit to Florida a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty impressive. The facilities are great, they have some construction going on, so they are doing some big things there. One thing that stood out was my time with coach Dan Mullen. He talked to me about how he liked my film and how he would always be there to push me. He really wants to make his players better and I like that. I will probably get to a game or two during the season."

GEORGIA: "The first thing I think of with Georgia is the season they had last year. It was impressive and it showed what they are capable of. I have been there twice so far and I will be back for their spring game. I really like coach [Tray] Scott. He is my recruiting coach and he coaches my position, so we have developed a strong relationship. I like the way he coaches and how he recruits. He is a laid back, cool coach, but when it is time to coach, he is all business."

LSU: "I was at LSU for the first time over the weekend and it was great. I spent time with coach DJ Johnson and it was cool. He was waiting on me as soon as I stepped on campus and that made me feel good. It was great to hang around him and we had a good time. I had a great talk with coach O (Ed Orgeron) too and he feels I could make a big impact there. I got to watch practice too and I loved seeing how explosive the defensive line was. They were getting after it and that really stood out to me. I had a great time."

SOUTH CAROLINA: "South Carolina was the first SEC school to offer me, so that will always make them stand out. I also have a strong relationship with coach [Coleman] Hultzer and coach Will Muschamp. I have been up there two or three times and I like the coaches, how it is close to home and how they have developed defensive linemen. I probably have the best relationship with coach Hultzer out of all of the coaches recruiting me too."

TENNESSEE: "I have been talking to coach [Tracy] Rocker every week, so now I just want to get up there for a visit. I do not know a lot about them yet. I want to see what it is like there and talk more with the coaches."

- Rivals

Reactions: 1 person
Offer list does not equal ranking.

Hopefully his visit will give him something to talk about.

Chad Simmons on rivals summarized where some of top GA prospects currently stand:

DT- Jaelin Humphries - Top 3 of UGA/LSU/TEN, likely in that order right now.

four-star junior defensive tackle jaelin humphries of mountain view high school in lawrenceville, ga., is visiting tennessee on tuesday to attend the vols' spring practice.

The 6-foot-3, 303-pound humphries received a scholarship offer from new tennessee coach jeremy pruitt's staff on march 5. He's being pursued by nearly 20 schools, including georgia, south carolina, auburn, florida, lsu, ole miss, mississippi state and nebraska.

Lsu hosted humphries on a visit the weekend of april 7. He also traveled to florida the weekend of march 24.

Humphries is ranked the no. 226 overall prospect and no. 15 defensive tackle in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. He's also ranked by 247sports as the no. 211 overall player and no. 11 defensive tackle in the 2019 class.

Reactions: 2 people
“i mean, i liked tennessee. It was different, most definitely,” said humphries, who’s ranked the no. 226 overall prospect and no. 15 defensive tackle in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “everything was great. It was better than i expected, and i enjoyed myself up there with the coaches and had a fun time up there.”

“they’ve been recruiting me pretty hard,” humphries said. "they called me, like, all last week and this week to see if i’d be able to come up there, so i took a day off from school to come up and visit tennessee and see what they’re talking about and what they had to offer. “i got to talk to some of the coaches and sat down and talked to coach pruitt for about an hour, and we had a good conversation. And i talked to (defensive line) coach (tracy) rocker.”

humphries said his conversations with pruitt and rocker were among the highlights of the visit. “(pruitt) was being honest,” humphries said. “he said, ‘i want you to come here, but nothing’s given, so you’ve got to earn your spot.’ and i understand where he’s coming from with that. And then he talked about how he liked my film, and he said he needs big guys like me up front to play on the defensive line. “i liked how i sat down and talked to the head coach for a while. I had a good conversation with him and my family. And coach rocker, i had a good conversation with him that stood out. That made the trip good.”

“i had a good first impression with him,” humphries said of rocker. "he didn’t try to sugarcoat anything. He just kept it honest with me. I’d rather a coach be honest with me than try to sugarcoat stuff and then, if i was to go to that school, it’d be a different story. I’d rather just have the coach tell me the way it is.”

“i could have a chance to come in and play. I’d have a spot to come in and play,” he said. “they’re in the process right now of rebuilding the program, trying to make it match the former glory that it used to be. But right now i think they’re pretty straightforward. They could do pretty well this year.”

humphries said he’s still “pretty far away from making a decision,” adding that he’s not likely to decide on a college until “closer to signing day.” lsu and florida also have hosted him on visits within the past month, and he said he’s scheduled to attend georgia’s g-day game on saturday. He said he’s also hoping to visit ole miss and mississippi state soon. But he said there’s no leader right now among his lengthy list of choices. “i want to give every school a fair chance,” humphries said.

good stuff. but man, i swear these answers to these questions, they're canned. it's like they printed it off the internet and they all answer the same way.

good stuff. but man, i swear these answers to these questions, they're canned. it's like they printed it off the internet and they all answer the same way.

I'm sure most of these kids are coached up on how to answer these questions

I thought Rocker was terrible with players and their parents according to the georgia crowd.

“i mean, i liked tennessee. It was different, most definitely,” said humphries, who’s ranked the no. 226 overall prospect and no. 15 defensive tackle in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “everything was great. It was better than i expected, and i enjoyed myself up there with the coaches and had a fun time up there.”

“they’ve been recruiting me pretty hard,” humphries said. "they called me, like, all last week and this week to see if i’d be able to come up there, so i took a day off from school to come up and visit tennessee and see what they’re talking about and what they had to offer. “i got to talk to some of the coaches and sat down and talked to coach pruitt for about an hour, and we had a good conversation. And i talked to (defensive line) coach (tracy) rocker.”

humphries said his conversations with pruitt and rocker were among the highlights of the visit. “(pruitt) was being honest,” humphries said. “he said, ‘i want you to come here, but nothing’s given, so you’ve got to earn your spot.’ and i understand where he’s coming from with that. And then he talked about how he liked my film, and he said he needs big guys like me up front to play on the defensive line. “i liked how i sat down and talked to the head coach for a while. I had a good conversation with him and my family. And coach rocker, i had a good conversation with him that stood out. That made the trip good.”

“i had a good first impression with him,” humphries said of rocker. "he didn’t try to sugarcoat anything. He just kept it honest with me. I’d rather a coach be honest with me than try to sugarcoat stuff and then, if i was to go to that school, it’d be a different story. I’d rather just have the coach tell me the way it is.”

“i could have a chance to come in and play. I’d have a spot to come in and play,” he said. “they’re in the process right now of rebuilding the program, trying to make it match the former glory that it used to be. But right now i think they’re pretty straightforward. They could do pretty well this year.”

humphries said he’s still “pretty far away from making a decision,” adding that he’s not likely to decide on a college until “closer to signing day.” lsu and florida also have hosted him on visits within the past month, and he said he’s scheduled to attend georgia’s g-day game on saturday. He said he’s also hoping to visit ole miss and mississippi state soon. But he said there’s no leader right now among his lengthy list of choices. “i want to give every school a fair chance,” humphries said.

VN Store

Back