MADISON, AL
(BOB JONES )

Jaydon Hill, Bob Jones , Cornerback

Rivals.com

Jaydon Hill - Hudl

Hill was at Junior Day yesterday.

[twitter]970114016810094592[/twitter]

Last edited by a moderator:
I graduated from Bob Jones 9 years ago. I know nothing about this kid or have any inside info but I’d thought I’d share.

Reactions: 4 people
I graduated from Bob Jones 9 years ago. I know nothing about this kid or have any inside info but I’d thought I’d share.

I hope you two had an amicable break up. You were just too young for something that serious to last.

three-star junior cornerback jaydon hill of bob jones high school in madison, ala., posted friday evening on his twitter account that he received a scholarship offer from tennessee.

"wow!! Extremely blessed to receive an huge sec offer from the university of tennessee #gbo," he tweeted.

The 6-foot, 185-pound hill has visited tennessee at least twice, most recently having traveled to knoxville on march 3 for one of the vols' junior days. He also went to alabama on thursday and clemson on friday after visiting georgia tech on monday.

He holds offers from nearly 30 schools, including south carolina, mississippi state, ole miss, nebraska, tcu, west virginia, duke, georgia tech, louisville, maryland, vanderbilt and virginia. South carolina, nebraska, vanderbilt and georgia tech also have extended offers to him this month.

Hill is ranked the no. 627 overall prospect and no. 52 cornerback in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. According to 247sports, he's ranked the no. 579 overall player and no. 48 cornerback in the 2019 class.

The visit to Rocky Top allowed Hill to get a feel for all things orange as he sees more and more programs in person. It was an opportunity to spend time with the staff and get to see all that Tennessee has to offer for a prospect.

"I know it's a good football program," Hill said. "I know coach Pruitt is a good coach and he was under (Nick) Saban. Now he is at Tennessee and I know he can change it around."

"I talk to coach Fair a lot," Hill said. "I like him and he's played the game for a long time in the NFL so I know he knows the position. That's big. He tells me I'm versatile and he thinks I can play nickel, safety and corner."

Tennessee has a real need for players in the secondary. It's a position that the current staff isn't sure what it has on the roster and is looking to improve through recruiting. That's where Hill and several other talented prospects come into play. Pruitt likes bigger and more explosive corners and Hill believes he can bring that to the table.

"My quickness and my size," Hill said. "I think that plays a big part and what coaches like. I'm long and I run well. I have to keep working to get better and that includes getting my head around quicker on fade routes and stuff like that."

Hill was at Clemson on Friday and then went to Columbia for the South Carolina spring game on Saturday. He's got plenty of juice on the trail, but there are a few programs that are after him relentlessly.

"Mississippi State and South Carolina are probably recruiting me the hardest," Hill said. "Coach Pruitt was on me before I had the offer so I feel like Tennessee is up there too."

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
Coach Jeremy Pruitt came to Tennessee with a great reputation of putting defensive backs into the NFL. This has been one of his main selling points to recruits in the secondary, and it’s drawing a lot of interest on the recruiting trail. That’s great for Tennessee, since cornerback might be its biggest position of need in the 2019 class.

Cornerback Jaydon Hill hears from either Pruitt or cornerbacks coach Terry Fair every other day. Their track record with defensive backs have put the Vols in a good spot.

“That’s why Tennessee is so high on my list right now,” Hill told SEC Country. “Knowing Coach Pruitt and what he can do with defensive players. That’s a big part of this process.”

Hill plans to attend Tennessee’s Orange and White Game on April 21. It’ll be his second trip to Knoxville after attending a junior day on March 3. Hill wants to continue getting a feel for the campus and how he fits on Rocky Top.

“Just seeing how it is,” Hill said. “Seeing if I can be there for the next four years and seeing the atmosphere. Stuff like that.”

It’ll be an important visit because it’ll be his first since receiving an offer from the Vols. The amount Hill talks with the coaching staff led him to believe an offer was coming, but you can never take anything for granted in recruiting.

“I was just excited and it was a shock,” Hill said. “Well, it wasn’t that much of a shocker but it was kind of a shocker. I knew it was coming, I just didn’t know like when. It was exciting.”

Overall recruitment

The 6-foot, 172-pound Hill has drawn interest across the SEC. He visited Alabama over the weekend and was at South Carolina the week before.

The Vols are in his top 3 along with South Carolina and Mississippi State. My feel is South Carolina might have a slight edge, but Hill’s visit in two weeks could change that.

Ultimately, Hill’s decision will come down to two factors, and Tennessee is in good shape with both.

“Relationships with the coaches is a big factor in this process,” Hill said. “Playing time as well. Really the relationships with the coaches is the biggest thing.”

There likely will be a chance at early playing time if Hill chooses the Vols. Tennessee whiffed on all of its top 2018 cornerback targets and didn’t sign any on National Signing Day. The Vols have picked up commitments from Brandon Davis and junior college transfer Kenneth George Jr. to add some depth. It still remains a position of need, though.

Also, Tennessee is shifting its defensive philosophy. Pruitt wants big, physical corners who can jam wide receivers at the line of scrimmage and throw them off their routes. This can mess with an offense’s rhythm and is very important to Pruitt’s defense.

Hill’s playing style aligns with what Pruitt wants. He believes he’s the best at making plays. He had 5 interceptions for Bob Jones High School as a junior.

“I’d press every play if I had a chance to,” Hill said. “The way our defense is, we play some off man and I don’t mind that. I prefer pressing.”

Hill also has a good relationship with Fair, which will keep the Vols in the conversation until a final decision. The Madison, Ala., native said his relationship with coaches is less about constant communication and more about how well he vibes with the staff.

“I like Coach Fair a lot,” Hill said. “He jokes a bit too. I like him.”

-- SECCountry

Reactions: 1 person
Jaydon Hill (AL), CB, uncommitted – One of the real revelations of the event, Hill jumps up from a three-star to a Top150 level recruit. We think he has a chance to continue to be a riser through the process. South Carolina is the early favorite.

-Barton Simmons

"If I had to say one that was on top, it would be South Carolina," said Hill. "It is close though and I like all three a lot. I would say Mississippi State is recruiting me harder than anyone and Tennessee has come on with their offer, but I would have to put South Carolina in the lead right now"

Out of the top three schools, the Vols are the most recent to offer. Just before the offer came, Hill spent some time in Knoxville. When he left, he knew Tennessee liked him.

"I left the visit feeling like Tennessee was going to offer, so when I got it, it wasn't a surprise. Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt had basically told me it was coming when I was up there, so as soon as I got the offer, they moved up quickly.

"It is about coach Pruitt really when talking why Tennessee is up there for me because of his success with defensive backs. I do like coach [Terry] Fair too and he is a good coach.

"The environment was cool and the facilities are top-notch. I want to get back up there to take a full visit and see everything. I was there after a 7-on-7, so my visit was pretty short. I will getting back soon."

-Simmons

Reactions: 3 people
The Vols are also trending well with guys like TE Sean Brown, who will make his college choice on May 12, DB Jaydon Hill, who has seen his recruitment explode in the last six weeks, WR Ramel Keyton and LB Jamie Pettway, who will be back on campus again this Saturday.
Hubbs

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah he's been killing it. This is exactly the type of player we need to start landing.

Well the new staff will actually recruit Alabama so we will land some of these guys. No way Auburn and Bama can take every good player in the state yearly since they both Cherry pick other states.

247 sure bumped his rating way up. He visited Bama last weekend, but I haven't heard anything regarding his visit. I'm wondering if Bama is going to offer him soon.

VN Store

Back