RB
5-11
CLASS OF 19
NASHVILLE, TN
(DAVIDSON ACADEMY)

Da'Joun Hewitt, Davidson Academy, Running Back

Rivals.com

Da'Joun Hewitt - Hudl

Visiting for Junior Day this weekend per Simonton.

Reactions: 1 person
They seem determined to find backs who run well out of the pistol. I think every back we’ve offered has similar Hudl.

NPA kid and my family. Very much a 1 cut and go guy. Hard worker with nice speed. Not sure he's a UT guy right now but could very well be after camp or so. He definitely fills up the stat sheet and finishes runs.

NPA kid and my family. Very much a 1 cut and go guy. Hard worker with nice speed. Not sure he's a UT guy right now but could very well be after camp or so. He definitely fills up the stat sheet and finishes runs.

As in we're not that high on him yet, or he's not that high on us yet?

Overall competition is weak but the division does produce some talent, it’s the same school as 4 star OT Obinna Eze, 4 star DE Ani Izuchukwu and their QB, Stone Norton is rated as a 3 star. It’s also the same division that produced Chase Hayden and Trey Smith.

Overall competition is weak but the division does produce some talent, it’s the same school as 4 star OT Obinna Eze, 4 star DE Ani Izuchukwu and their QB, Stone Norton is rated as a 3 star. It’s also the same division that produced Chase Hayden and Trey Smith.

nice, thanks for the info. Kid's film does look really nice.

Great film but comp is weak

Yeah the competition level is pretty low. Thus why guys sometimes transfer due to lack of recruitment because of competition levels.

Yes they hv Ani and another OL/DL kid who is really good. They're very well coached by former NFL qb Jonathan Quinn

Last edited:
Hey de1conley what about the '20 running back out of MTCS? He's in that same division and put up some gaudy stats.

He is 95% of their offense and plays D also. Very tough runner who could play at any HS in TN. The competition is weak but he does what he does every week when opponents know he’s getting the ball.

Nice hands also.

Reactions: 2 people
He is 95% of their offense and plays D also. Very tough runner who could play at any HS in TN. The competition is weak but he does what he does every week when opponents know he’s getting the ball.

Nice hands also.

All is true but coaches view it as weak competiotion when recruiting and they see those crazy numbers

“Hewitt is close to 200 pounds now, with interest this week from Florida and Oklahoma State. Some believe Hewitt is very underrated and may be the best running back in the state. ”
VQ

Reactions: 3 people
“Hewitt is close to 200 pounds now, with interest this week from Florida and Oklahoma State. Some believe Hewitt is very underrated and may be the best running back in the state. ”
VQ

If he still puts up the video game numbers at that bigger weight then the home state staff won’t have a choice but to prioritize him.

If he still puts up the video game numbers at that bigger weight then the home state staff won’t have a choice but to prioritize him.

You could cut his numbers for last year in half to compensate for lesser competition and it's still an awesome amount of production. There are skills that come with those video game numbers regardless of competition like vision, balance, timing etc. Hope they look hard at this one.

All is true but coaches view it as weak competiotion when recruiting and they see those crazy numbers

He will (or should) dispell any worries in the camps. He reminds me of another under the radar NFL via Nashville RB, Orleans Darkwa. Hopefully we give him a good look

He will (or should) dispell any worries in the camps. He reminds me of another under the radar NFL via Nashville RB, Orleans Darkwa. Hopefully we give him a good look

It really hurt me how Kiffin and staff did Orleans coming out of his JR season. He went to camp and showed out but was a lesser name because of the guys that wer e at the camp. Still to this day I'm still amazed at the talent they had there that day. His success recently for the NY Giants makes me happy because that kid works his tail off.

VN Store

Back