LAWRENCEVILLE, GA
(ARCHER)

Andrew Booth, Archer, Cornerback

Rivals.com

Andrew Booth - Hudl

Bigtime CB on campus today.

Reactions: 1 person
Notes on Andrew Booth Jayln Phillips

Caught up with the two Peach State defensive backs today. Tennessee continues to trend upwardly with both prospects due to the extensive relationships on staff. Both said they will be back to watch a spring practice in a few weeks, while Phillps saying he also plans to attend the spring game. The two DBs have a who's who of offers, but Tennessee is selling early playing time hard. Will have full stories on both in the am.

-Simonton

“they’ve been on me, and i couldn’t wait to get up here,” said booth, who’s ranked the no. 45 overall prospect and no. 4 cornerback in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class.

“it was beautiful. I got to build a lot of relationships. The place is beautiful. The facilities are beautiful. “they’re more in the mix — very well in the mix.”

the 6-foot, 183-pound booth said spending time with pruitt, cornerbacks coach terry fair, safeties coach charles kelly, co-defensive coordinator chris rumph and other members of tennessee’s new staff was among the highlights of the visit.

“it was really good,” booth said. “i was able to build a relationship with those guys — coach kelly, coach rumph and the boss man. “(pruitt) was just telling me they’re critical at (defensive back). They need dbs, and they feel like i’m the guy. … they like my physicality, my length and my confidence.”

booth said the vols’ coaches are one of the main reasons he’s now high on tennessee. “it’s like a family feel,” he said. He said he “for sure” will visit the vols again, most likely sometime this spring, and he’s planning to travel to south carolina next weekend.

Booth already has identified some early favorites among the more than 20 schools pursuing him, but he said he’s not ready to publicly name any leaders at this point. “i’ve got some standouts,” he said, "but i’m going to keep that (to myself).”

Reactions: 3 people
andrew booth visited tennessee two years ago for a spring game, but saturday’s trip was totally different for the 4-star defensive back from archer (ga.) high.

Booth was among the headliners of ut’s first junior day, and the top-30 prospect received the orange carpet treatment, spending lots of time with tennessee’s staff — especially jeremy pruitt, terry fair and charles kelly — as well as get the full tour of the campus, facilities and stadium.

“this is my first time getting to see everything. Last time i just went the spring game. It was beautiful today,” booth told volquest. "i felt like i was greeted open arms. It was like a family feel. I was very comfortable. They’re big on relationships and that’s what i like.”

booth, a 6-foot, 185-pound ballhawking corner, holds more than two dozen offers, but the peach state standout said tennessee is now one of the schools recruiting him the hardest. Under pruitt, the vols have worked their way into a heated battle with some of the top schools in the country for the elite defensive back. “tennessee is definitely in the mix,” booth said. “tennessee, georgia, clemson, ohio state, alabama, florida state. They’re all after me hard.”

saturday was a chance for booth to continue to develop his relationship with pruitt and kelly, two coaches who were recruiting him to different schools just two months ago. The 4-star corner is also close with chris rumph, and said the staff loves his confidence, physicality and ball-skills. In turn, booth really likes tennessee's "family feel” and said the opportunity to play early is a message he heard loud and clear saturday. “at db right now, that position is critical and they need dbs. I’m the right guy for the job,” he said.

Booth will visit south carolina next weekend and has several other trips planned over the next two months — including a return visit to tennessee. “i’ll be back,” he said. “sometime this spring.”

- vq

booth, the no. 4 cornerback in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class, once appeared to be a long shot for tennessee. But the vols now seem to be legitimately in the mix for the 6-foot, 183-pound booth following his latest visit to tennessee. He had been to knoxville almost two years ago to visit with the former staff, but the vols made more of an impression on him saturday and piqued his interest enough to make him want to return to tennessee sometime this spring. Georgia, clemson, ohio state, alabama and florida state are among the top contenders for booth, so the competition for him will be fierce and isn’t expected to end any time soon. But the vols now have a foot in the door with booth, and their need for help at cornerback and the “family feel” throughout the program clearly resonated with him.

Reactions: 5 people
Agree Clemson is likely in the lead. UGA has gained some ground recently. According to Booth; Auburn, Clemson, FSU, Georgia, Ohio State and Tennessee have been recruiting him the hardest of late. His twin sister hopes he picks Clemson, Auburn, or FSU. Mom likes the fact that UGA is only 40 minutes away.

Agree Clemson is likely in the lead. UGA has gained some ground recently. According to Booth; Auburn, Clemson, FSU, Georgia, Ohio State and Tennessee have been recruiting him the hardest of late. His twin sister hopes he picks Clemson, Auburn, or FSU. Mom likes the fact that UGA is only 40 minutes away.
Hmm no bueno

booth was in clemson last weekend for the tigers’ spring game. It wouldn’t be inaccurate to call clemson a dream school for booth coming up.

Clemson, in his own words, was one of the first big schools to show a lot of interest. The tigers feel like family to him. It is comfortable. Not too close, not too far.

Andrew booth grew about seven inches taller during his freshman year of high school.

“they check all of them,” booth said regarding the boxes. “how they play their corners. Their length in how they like their corners. Then their scheme.”

booth feels he could play quickly at clemson. He had a very good time at their spring game on saturday.

“there’s never a dull moment in the valley,” booth said. “i love it every time i go.”
ajc

Both Tyus Fields and Andrew Booth saw opportunity yesterday. That’s what TN is pushing to both. Stories coming on both later. Hubbs has an update on Nick Harvey on the front and one with Khris Bogle coming.

Hubbs

Reactions: 1 person
"Tennessee is up there," Booth said. "I see a lot of opportunity there. They are one of my top schools with Georgia, Clemson, Auburn, Florida State and Ohio State. "Tennessee is a diverse place with the people. I like the relationships I have with he coaches." "I really got to see they need some help," Booth said of the Tennessee secondary. "They need help if you know what I'm saying. I got to see that I could go out and play very soon. I like that."

So how does Booth weigh early playing time and a program trying to rise versus going to a school that has a tougher path to the field, but may win a little bit faster? "It depends on what you are going for," Booth said. "If you want to win games or if you want to go in and make a name for yourself then you don't care about winning right away. "I'm team guy so I always like winning, but I'm always going to get mine if you know what I'm talking about."

"Coach Fair is a detailed dude," Booth said. "He's going to get it done the way that he wants. Tennessee has three coaches that coach my position so that helps because they all bring something to the table."

And one of those three is head coach Jeremy Pruitt, who has a track record with defensive backs at each of his three major Division 1 stops in college football. "He is coming in and making a constant impact," Booth said. "I like that he has a history of putting players in the NFL and he knows how to win. He's been different places and he knows what it takes. He played defensive back and that's what he coaches. It helps."

Also visiting Tennessee this past weekend was fellow Georgia prospect Warren Burrell. Those two like each other quite a bit and there is some interest in playing together. "Oh yeah," Booth said. "That would be beautiful. That's one guy that I can say he's a dog. I like how he plays."

-VQ

Reactions: 6 people
“While Booth likes the Vols, he appears to be a longshot right now, with Clemson appearing to have the edge.”
Hubbs

Longer it goes, better it is for anyone else. He’s all in on Clemson, this guy is GOOD, need to get other teams involved to get him away from Clemson. My number #1 want in the secondary. This guy will be playing on Sundays.

Longer it goes, better it is for anyone else. He’s all in on Clemson, this guy is GOOD, need to get other teams involved to get him away from Clemson. My number #1 want in the secondary. This guy will be playing on Sundays.

Are you going to any of the Corky Kell this year?

VN Store

Back