6-1
CLASS OF 19
SHELBY, NC
(CREST)

Lannden Zanders, Crest, Safety

Rivals.com

Lannden Zanders - Hudl

Visiting tomorrow for Junior Day.

class of 2019 safety lannden zanders of crest high school in shelby, n.c., told govols247 on friday that he's planning to visit tennessee on saturday for its first junior day of the year.

The 6-foot-1, 188-pound zanders said it will be his first time visiting tennessee, which has yet to extend a scholarship offer to him.

He picked up an offer from clemson on wednesday and now has received offers from a half-dozen schools, including georgia tech, vanderbilt, east carolina, appalachian state and georgia southern.

Zanders has yet to be rated by 247sports and in the industry-generated 247sports composite.

Reactions: 1 person
From VQ:

Two days after picking up a huge offer from Clemson, Zanders visited Tennessee for the first time. With his dad and brother in tow, the 6-foot-1, 190-pound defensive back got the full tour during Junior Day and spent time with Jeremy Pruitt, Charles Kelly and Terry Fair.

“The visit was all about getting to know the place better. I got to meet most of the coaching staff, which was good. It was a nice campus, nice facilities,” he said.

“They took me around the whole campus, showed me the stadium and the class rooms and all that stuff. It’s definitely one of the biggest schools I’ve visited.”

During the trip, Zanders ended up in Pruitt’s office, and the two spoke for a several minutes when Tennessee’s new coach delivered some exciting news.

“I was talking with the head coach and then he just offered me,” Zanders said.

“It’s a blessing. He said I reminded him of Eddie Jackson when he coached at Alabama. That’s good because Eddie Jackson is a player.”

“I’m a ballhawk,” he said. “I just have a sense where the ball is going to be, and I’m not scared to come down and make a tackle or big hit.”

Zanders has already visited North Carolina and N.C. State this month — with both in-state schools likely to extend an offer soon. He’s scheduled to see Clemson next weekend, and Penn State, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma and Wake Forest hope to get him on campus this spring, too.

The 3-star prospect is already planning a return trip to Tennessee either late this spring or summer, saying, “They definitely want me there. They told me I’m a good ball-player. They like my skill-set and they want me to be a Tennessee Volunteer.”

-Simonton

VolQuest.com - N.C. safety nets Vols offer, says Pruitt compared him to former Tide star

Reactions: 2 people
class of 2019 safety lannden zanders of crest high school in shelby, n.c., told 247sports’ anna hickey that he’s planning to visit tennessee on april 7.

The 6-foot-1, 189-pound zanders will be visiting the vols for the second time in less than two months. He received a scholarship offer from tennessee on feb. 24 while attending the vols’ first junior day of the year.

Clemson, georgia tech, vanderbilt, appalachian state, east carolina and georgia southern also have extended offers to him.

Zanders has yet to receive a prediction on the 247sports crystal ball, but clemson and tennessee are believed to be his early favorites

The safety is essentially down to Clemson and Tennessee, with a decision looming soon. Has visited both schools twice this spring.

Vols selling him hard on Eddie Jackson type role on defense and special teams.

Zanders definitely noticed a need for DBs yesterday during the scrimmage, too, saying, “They could use some help, especially in the secondary. “They let a couple deep balls go and they couldn’t really make plays, whether it was misreads or whatever. They do need help in the secondary, and that’s what coach Kelly talked to me about. Just how badly they need me.”

-Simonton

He is going to Clemson next weekend.

Really gives you a warm fuzzy feeling when a recruit points out how much our secondary sucks.

Reactions: 1 person
seeing new tennessee coach jeremy pruitt’s staff in action on the field made it even easier for zanders to envision himself playing for the vols. “just wanted to go back and get a little bit more, because i really do like tennessee and i can see myself there, so just wanted to take another visit to see,” said zanders, who’s ranked the no. 1,199 overall prospect and no. 96 safety in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class.

“got to see how the practice atmosphere was and see how they interact with the players and see where i could fit in at on the depth chart. What was different: It was more personal and stuff. They had more time with me, which was good. I hung out with coach pruitt, took pictures in uniforms and stuff. “they were always at the top since they offered, but (saturday) i definitely got to see more.” “they say they definitely could see me getting some pt my freshman year, just coming in and working hard,” he said, “so i could definitely start out as a freshman.”

tennessee extended an offer to sanders while hosting him on his first visit to knoxville in late february. He said the vols have made it “very clear” to him since then that he’s a high priority for them. “i’m the number-one defensive back on their board,” zanders said. “i found out after they offered me and after my junior-day (visit). A couple days after, they really were talking to my dad and my high school coach.” after his second trip to tennessee, zanders said “the campus” is the thing that stands out most to him about the vols. “i really love the campus,” he said. “it’s just really nice.”

zanders holds offers from more than a half-dozen schools, including georgia tech and vanderbilt, and smu gave him his latest offer on wednesday. But with clemson and tennessee still standing out to him, he said he only needs to take “a couple more” visits “and i’ll have my mind made.” "i’ll be heading back to clemson,” said zanders, who visited the tigers on march 28 and recently has discussed attending their spring game on saturday. "i’m not sure about (another visit to) tennessee.”

VN Store

Back