6'0'' | 180 LBS
CLASS OF 2019

Rivals.com

Devin Bush, Edna Karr, Cornerback

Devin Bush - Hudl

Visiting this weekend for junior day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person
four-star junior cornerback devin bush of edna karr high school in new orleans told govols247 on friday that he’s scheduled to visit tennessee on saturday for its first junior day of the year.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound bush said he will be visiting the vols for the first time. He went to kentucky on friday.

Bush has received scholarship offers from more than 15 schools, including tennessee, florida, florida state, georgia, lsu, auburn, clemson, oklahoma and south carolina.

He’s ranked the no. 139 overall prospect and no. 14 cornerback in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class.

All eight predictions on the 247sports crystal ball point to lsu as the favorite to land bush.

Reactions: 3 people
From SEC Country:

What Auburn’s inclusion in corner’s top 5 means

Auburn is going all out for some of the nation’s top cornerbacks in the 2019 class. The Tigers only took two true cornerbacks — Christian Tutt and Roger McCreary — last cycle, so it’s an area of emphasis this time around. Auburn will use the recruiting tag team of defensive backs coaches Greg Brown and Marcus Woodson to evaluate and recruit the best cornerback targets across the Southeast.

Devin Bush was at or near the top of that list even before Brown or Woodson joined the staff.

Auburn offered Bush last spring at a junior day. A year later, Bush returned for another Auburn junior day.

When Bush attended the Plains last spring, the 6-foot, 190-pound cornerback from New Orleans picked up his first college offer from the Tigers. Georgia, LSU, Florida, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Florida State, Clemson and others have followed suit in the year after his initial offer.

Auburn has kept a special place in Bush’s heart, one person close to Bush made clear. It showed during the weekend when Bush, who most consider a heavy LSU lean, released his top 5. His favorites are LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Clemson.

Bush’s most recent trip to the Plains included a weekend-long visit with several members of his family. The visit came exactly one year following the previous junior day and offer. Bush, ranked the No. 15 cornerback in the country in the 247Sports composite would like to make a decision prior to his senior season.

Confidence is much higher in LSU than anywhere else, however. The hometown effect will do that. But Auburn feels in contention enough to make a major run at Bush.

LSU may be heading for some down times with Coach O at the helm. Might be a good time to cherry pick a few kids.

Reactions: 6 people
LSU may be heading for some down times with Coach O at the helm. Might be a good time to cherry pick a few kids.

They have to know they panicked and blew that hire. I'm guessing they'll have O on a very short leash. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make it through this season.

I like LSU and seeing them do well in the West. But what an awful hire. Johnson should get us some players ou of there in the future as the implosion begins

Reactions: 4 people
They have to know they panicked and blew that hire. I'm guessing they'll have O on a very short leash. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make it through this season.

I don’t think 8-9 wins saves his job this year. They shot for Herman with no backup plan. Every recruit they have will be in play this entire season.

Reactions: 2 people
I don’t think 8-9 wins saves his job this year. They shot for Herman with no backup plan. Every recruit they have will be in play this entire season.

I know we like to make fun of coach o but if his offense is remotely feasible they will be fine. Aranda has that defense set. Coach o is a good coach. Not great but good. He will have the suprising year and the bad ones probably like butch

Probably so, but depending on who they could hire you might see a few late flips too. Should he do just enough to keep his job, that’s actually the best case scenario for poaching, IMO.

Probably so, but depending on who they could hire you might see a few late flips too. Should he do just enough to keep his job, that’s actually the best case scenario for poaching, IMO.

Something like an 8-4 regular season and then losing a bowl game with the 4 losses to auburn, Alabama, Texas a&m and Miami.

I know we like to make fun of coach o but if his offense is remotely feasible they will be fine. Aranda has that defense set. Coach o is a good coach. Not great but good. He will have the suprising year and the bad ones probably like butch

Curious to hear why you think he is a good coach.

Curious to hear why you think he is a good coach.

One of best DL coaches and recruiters in the game. Great motivator. Players run through a wall for him. He is a good coach not a great one. He is a 8-9 win Max coach. He isn't an LSU level coach which should have a higher ceiling level guy but he is a good coach. More like a mid major HC because he doesn't have that ability to out x and o somebody. He is about energy, passion and getting the most from his guys. He has to rely on his hiring skills to hire better people around him to fill in the x and o part. Aranda was big. His OC hire of Canada was fine if he were more willing to be hands off but he wasn't so it was dumb. No clue what henis thinking with his current OC hire

Reactions: 2 people
One of best DL coaches and recruiters in the game. Great motivator. Players run through a wall for him. He is a good coach not a great one. He is a 8-9 win Max coach. He isn't an LSU level coach which should have a higher ceiling level guy but he is a good coach. More like a mid major HC because he doesn't have that ability to out x and o somebody. He is about energy, passion and getting the most from his guys. He has to rely on his hiring skills to hire better people around him to fill in the x and o part. Aranda was big. His OC hire of Canada was fine if he were more willing to be hands off but he wasn't so it was dumb. No clue what henis thinking with his current OC hire

I will give you great recruiter and motivator. And I think he could be mildly successful that way for a short time. with great coordinators and staying out of their way. Over time I think he proves out to be a bad coach, like he was at OM.

I will give you great recruiter and motivator. And I think he could be mildly successful that way for a short time. with great coordinators and staying out of their way. Over time I think he proves out to be a bad coach, like he was at OM.

He won't make it at LSU. Just saying he isn't horrible. He isn't great either though

Bush is blue-chipper the Vols have quietly made a nice more for this spring. LSU remains the perceived favorite for the New Orleans native, but both David Johnson and Terry Fair have definitely gotten Tennessee’s foot in the door for the 4-star corner.

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back