PRO-STYLE QUARTERBACK
6'4'' | 205 LBS
CLASS OF 2019

Rivals.com

Graham Mertz, Blue Valley North, Pro-Style Quarterback

Graham Mertz - Hudl

[twitter]966806831090761729[/twitter]

Reactions: 2 people
four-star junior quarterback graham mertz of blue valley north high school in overland park, kan., a wisconsin commitment, posted thursday on his twitter account that he received a scholarship offer from tennessee.

"received an offer from the university of tennessee!" he tweeted.

The 6-foot-4, 205-pound mertz has been committed to the badgers since october. He holds offers from more than a dozen schools, including alabama, georgia, lsu, miami, michigan, ohio state, oklahoma state, ole miss, arizona state and minnesota.

In the industry-generated 247sports composite, he's a four-star prospect who's ranked the no. 355 overall player and no. 9 pro-style quarterback in the 2019 class. According to 247sports, he's a three-star prospect who's ranked the no. 415 overall player and no. 11 pro-style quarterback in the 2019 class.

Like his film. But i can tell ya first hand the competition he's playing against is garbage. But like his upside.

Like his film. But i can tell ya first hand the competition he's playing against is garbage. But like his upside.

I don't think this comment matters. As a QB, you have to look at the skill set. Footwork,ball placement, arm strength,etc. He checks the box on all. His level of comp can be misleading as well. Kansas overall may lack depth of talent, but he's playing in the Kansas City area, which probably has the best comp in that state.

Also, I know many here could care less, but his commitment to Wisconsin sticks out as a positive for me. Wisconsin goes after a specific type of signal caller. Most of there QBs, no matter how mundane, possess NFL attributes and most of them end up in the league. That's what UT needs. A QB with NFL caliber skills and size. We don't need Peyton Manning, just a guy good enough to make all the throws and LEAD the talent around him.

Also, I know many here could care less, but his commitment to Wisconsin sticks out as a positive for me. Wisconsin goes after a specific type of signal caller. Most of there QBs, no matter how mundane, possess NFL attributes and most of them end up in the league. That's what UT needs. A QB with NFL caliber skills and size. We don't need Peyton Manning, just a guy good enough to make all the throws and LEAD the talent around him.

You may be right but I can only think of 1 Wisconsin qb in the league and he was a grad transfer that only played at Wisconsin for a year.

Reactions: 1 person
You may be right but I can only think of 1 Wisconsin qb in the league and he was a grad transfer that only played at Wisconsin for a year.

Without doing any research to actually confirm this, I do feel like they’ve produced a lot of career clipboard holders. The Scott Tolzein’s of the world, if you will.

Without doing any research to actually confirm this, I do feel like they’ve produced a lot of career clipboard holders. The Scott Tolzein’s of the world, if you will.

Yeah I could see maybe some backups but I can't think of any other starters in the nfl from Wisconsin in the last 20 years.

Overland Park is a KC suburb. There was a time when what you say was true. Not now. They play very good football. The schools are large, consolidated, and VERY well funded.

The competition wouldn't compare to FL. But it isn't "garbage".

Overland Park is a KC suburb. There was a time when what you say was true. Not now. They play very good football. The schools are large, consolidated, and VERY well funded.

The competition wouldn't compare to FL. But it isn't "garbage".

It's garbage! Hate to be that guy but I live here. I've seen the competition first hand and know the good districts and bad districts of teams. OP, Leawood, Prairie Village is a bunch of soft kids. Ray-town & Indepenece is a different story. You put most of these teams in the South to compete and they would get mauled.

Exactly what I was saying. Not many stars from Wisconsin, but they're QBs have NFL skills and make rosters.

Exactly what I was saying. Not many stars from Wisconsin, but they're QBs have NFL skills and make rosters.

Like who though? There's Russell Wilson who was only at Wisconsin for a year and is the only Badger I can think of who has ever been a starter in the NFL. Are we talking Jim Sorgi and Brooks Bollinger who are the only other two former Badger QB's to be drafted since 1988. I'm not really trying to call you out, yer question made me curious so I looked it up. Are there others I'm missing?

It's garbage! Hate to be that guy but I live here. I've seen the competition first hand and know the good districts and bad districts of teams. OP, Leawood, Prairie Village is a bunch of soft kids. Ray-town & Indepenece is a different story. You put most of these teams in the South to compete and they would get mauled.

Hate to be that guy too... but I also live in the area.

You think things like that and then you see these national HS games and teams like these acquit themselves very well.

VN Store

Back