'18 OL (Grad Transfer Option) Braeonte Matthews

Seeing all these grad transfers and JUCO guys Pruitt is considering tells me a lot about the current state of our program.

Reactions: 1 person
Seeing all these grad transfers and JUCO guys Pruitt is considering tells me a lot about the current state of our program.

Lol why do you need that to tell you anything? Our record last year could have told you a similar story.

Pruitt out there hustling trying to give us a shot this year though.

Reactions: 9 people
Lol why do you need that to tell you anything? Our record last year could have told you a similar story.

Pruitt out there hustling trying to give us a shot this year though.

Oj I agree he is doing work. It just pisses me off that Butch did what he did.

Most of the grad transfer guys are just options found by hopeful posters on here. Very few of them have actually stated Pruitt was recruiting them. I haven't seen anything that says Pruitt is considering this guy for instance. OP just speculating. I think it says more about what the fans think of the program than Pruitt. Maybe he does go after him but a poster starting a thread doesn't mean Pruitt thinks our team sucks. Don't get me wrong. It may suck and this would probably be a good guy to go after, but this thread isn't really a good indicator of what Pruitt is considering.

Edit: Also, just realized this guy didn't appear to have played a down in 2 years at K-State after transferring from a juco, so not real sure how good of a pickup he'd be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
He plays a position of need,given our current roster situation. Originally from DC. I am sure Goon Squad has a priority listing of GT targets. I just thought someone on here might have insight to add regarding where this kid is headed or if we are done with the OL for this cycle.

He plays a position of need,given our current roster situation. Originally from DC. I am sure Goon Squad has a priority listing of GT targets. I just thought someone on here might have insight to add regarding where this kid is headed or if we are done with the OL for this cycle.

He's definitely got the size and was a good find by you, but I worry that he never played a down in 2 years at KState after transferring from Juco. I couldn't find anything that says where he was looking to transfer or any schools that had reached out to him though.

This tells me we will not have worry about Pruitt using the term Year Zero. He wants to win now and will not be talking about a 7 year rebuild, Like the last INDIVIDUAL:p we had as our coach!

Reactions: 2 people

Because butch was garbage at building a legit SEC program. We’re only slightly better off roster-wise than when Dooley left

Yup, I'd like to know if these posts are based on any actual facts of UT recruiting these players.

We had a QB transfer, a OG transfer, and a OG with career ending injury. That is what these grad transfers tell me. Positions of need

This tells me we will not have worry about Pruitt using the term Year Zero. He wants to win now and will not be talking about a 7 year rebuild, Like the last INDIVIDUAL:p we had as our coach!

wait you mean our current AD?

Yes. It takes 7 years to rebuild a program sufficiently. That should be about how long it takes to get 4-5 Natty's under our belt. So, yeah I agree.

It will take 3 years to get to mid way in the East, will take 5 year's to compete for a title and thats if we hit it with JP as coach remember he has not coached a single game, i think he can but i thought Butch could to, i knew DD couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, as a 56 year fan and not in the best of health i don't have many more 4 or 5 rebuilding years waiting to see if we hit on the coach i never thought i would say our Basketball program is closer to winning a NC than football but thats where we have fallen to.

Not taking a jab at you personally... but a lot of folks around here were skeptical of Jones the whole time.

It happened pretty much as predicted. A new HC has 3 or at the most 4 years to prove they can coach. If they don't... then the best players stop listening. Truth is... Jones probably lost recruiting credibility with the '15 losses snatched from the jaws of victory. If that didn't do it then the squandered opportunity in '16 did.

Pruitt is no different. He seems to know it. He needs to do more than expected this fall to really establish his credibility then continue to build.

It will take 3 years to get to mid way in the East, will take 5 year's to compete for a title and thats if we hit it with JP as coach remember he has not coached a single game, i think he can but i thought Butch could to, i knew DD couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, as a 56 year fan and not in the best of health i don't have many more 4 or 5 rebuilding years waiting to see if we hit on the coach i never thought i would say our Basketball program is closer to winning a NC than football but thats where we have fallen to.

Sorry. But nope. Whether it is "realistic" or not... a coach gets 3 years to prove he can coach. After that, the best recruits either go to the new "new kid on the block" or else to whoever is winning. Pruitt getting 5 years to compete for a title is no more realistic than it was for Jones.

PS- that's probably what all these grad transfers are about.

Reactions: 3 people

Kirby never coached either and look what happened in year 2. I don’t think UGA gets back into the playoff for a long time, but anything can happen with any team. Smart benefited from senior leadership and one heck of a duo at RB.

Kirby never coached either and look what happened in year 2. I don’t think UGA gets back into the playoff for a long time, but anything can happen with any team. Smart benefited from senior leadership and one heck of a duo at RB.

He also didn't take over a losing team like 99% of new HCs. He took over a team consistently winning 9-10 games per yr. a little bit different animal than these other guys

He also didn't take over a losing team like 99% of new HCs. He took over a team consistently winning 9-10 games per yr. a little bit different animal than these other guys

And they just signed what is, at least on paper, probably the most impressive recruiting class in recent memory. They're not going anywhere unless they run afoul of the NCAA IMO.

VN Store

Back