CLASS OF 19
GULFPORT, MS
(GULFPORT)

247 - Derick Hall, Gulfport, Outside Linebacker

RIVALS - Rivals.com

OFFERS - Auburn, FSU, Kansas, Vandy, Ole Miss, MissSt, L'Ville, VOLS, SoMiss

[HUDL]3/9211774/59ff9216688e9c0d20116a5a[/HUDL]

Last edited:
Nice article about the kid. Sounds like he's excited about the offer.

Tennessee recruiting: Long, athletic 4-star OLB Derick Hall picks up ‘surreal’ offer from Vols

Pruitt’s 3-4 system works best with long, athletic linebackers who can blend speed with power. Enter Class of 2019 outside linebacker Derick Hall from Gulfport, Miss. The Vols extended an offer to Hall on Wednesday.

“It was very surreal,” Hall told SEC Country. “It’s one that I couldn’t really believe.”

The 6-foot-4, 214-pound linebacker has good size. His 6-foot-8 wingspan is what makes him very intriguing to college coaches. Couple the size with his athleticism — he averaged a double-double in basketball and runs track — and Hall has all the makings of a difference-maker at the next level.

This is the exact profile of a prospect Pruitt and the staff will be targeting for the outside linebacker position.

Hall brings to the table exactly what Pruitt and his staff want from the edge position.

“I’d be fine going out of state,” Hall said. “It’s just about going to the program that fits me the best and the program that will develop me academically, as a person and athlete. I’m just looking for the place that fits me best and I can play ball at.”

Hall doesn’t have a visit to Knoxville planned. He said that will soon change and visiting the campus is a ‘must.’

Reactions: 1 person
I will say that kids from the coast have less allegiance to the SEC schools. Gulfport used to be a good school and they used to put out good defensive players. I hope we can snag him.

He looks 35 years old. lol.

HUDL shows he has natural instincts on D - good nose for the ball. Perfect size and arm span for OLB.

VN Store

Back