CLASS OF 20
MARIETTA, GA
(MARIETTA)

247 - https://247sports.com/Player/Rashad-Torrence-46041913

RIVALS - Rivals.com

OFFERS - Bama, Duke, Gators, Cuse, VOLS

[HUDL]3/7478962/59d3f44ab01903292cf0f279[/HUDL]

Last edited:
He is a really big hitter and knocked out a couple of kids o saw this past season.

“it was my first time (visiting tennessee) in a while. I went in eighth grade,” said torrence, who’s expected to be one of the top prospects from the state of georgia in the 2020 class.

“you could tell it was a lot of change. A new mentality was in the building. The different coaches had a different state of mind. They had a different goal, and they seemed focused and had a task at hand. The personality was better than what it was in eighth grade, two years ago. “(i liked) just the atmosphere as a whole — just being up there, that family atmosphere, hospitality. All the coaches welcomed me and stuff like that. It felt like a second home.”

“when they offered, it kind of just made everything go fast in terms of me getting up there and visiting,” he said. “i’m just trying to keep all my options open, but they’re definitely in the top.” “coach pruitt, he’s a defensive guy, and i love defensive coaches,” said torrence, who also holds early offers from alabama, florida, louisville, duke and syracuse. “just him being a defensive guy was a good thing.”

“coach stiff that came from alabama, he was handling the recruiting for (the 2020 class,” torrence said. “he came from alabama, and he’s now at tennessee.” “(pruitt) was just saying he liked the way i play, and my nose and knack for the ball is great,” torrence said. "he said it’s something he could see at tennessee.”

This kid can flat out GO. He's a part of NPA Ga. I think he'll be top 10 Safety in the c/o2020 and easily top 75 player in the country.

Reactions: LittleVol
On campus today watching practice per VQ

We need all the Marietta Blue Devils. 2nd time in a few weeks Torrence has visited. Marietta also has a top 100 OT in the 20 class in Jake Wray, to go along with all the other guys that have been offered. Not sure if Wray has been offered yet.

We need all the Marietta Blue Devils. 2nd time in a few weeks Torrence has visited. Marietta also has a top 100 OT in the 20 class in Jake Wray, to go along with all the other guys that have been offered. Not sure if Wray has been offered yet.

Yes Wray has been offered.... And it still is good.

rashad torrence has seen plenty of tennessee since getting a scholarship offer from the vols nearly two months ago, and he's planning to visit them yet again this weekend. They're already one of the teams standing out most to him. The three-star class of 2020 defensive back from marietta (ga.) high school told govols247 on tuesday that he's scheduled to visit tennessee on saturday for the third time in less than two months, and the vols are "definitely a favorite" among the 10 teams pursuing him.

The 6-foot, 195-pound torrence attended tennessee's junior day on march 3 after the vols extended an offer to him on feb. 20, and he returned april 3 to attend one of their spring practice. He's now set to return to knoxville again, this time for tennessee's spring-ending orange and white game on saturday afternoon at neyland stadium.

"it's a cool place to be," said torrence, who's ranked by 247sports as the no. 294 overall prospect and no. 12 safety in the 2020 class. "i see big things in the future for ut." he stopped short of calling the vols his early leader, but he admitted first-year tennessee coach jeremy pruitt's staff has made a strong impression on him over the past couple of months. "i'll just say they are definitely a favorite," torrence said. "i've built some good relationships with a lot of the staff, and that definitely helps."

torrence said he remembers visiting tennessee when he was in eighth grade. He told govols247 last month after attending the vols' junior day that he could see "a lot of change" there under pruitt's staff. "a new mentality was in the building," torrence said last month. "the different coaches had a different state of mind. They had a different goal, and they seemed focused and had a task at hand. The personality was better than what it was in eighth grade, two years ago. “(i liked) just the atmosphere as a whole — just being up there, that family atmosphere, hospitality. All the coaches welcomed me and stuff like that. It felt like a second home.”

he has picked up offers from alabama, florida, miami, penn state, kentucky, mississippi state, duke, louisville and syracuse in addition to tennessee.

Reactions: 3 people
Pruitt is hitting that school hard

I think it will help that the coaching staff is not full of UGA guys, they are all from Virginia pretty much except for a couple of Marietta alums. Derrick Tinsley is one of the Marietta guys on the staff and he played at Tennessee of course.

Untitled on Vimeo

Video interview with Simonton...Torrence has visited UT three times this spring and he said he loves it, loves the honesty from the staff, the vibe overall. Says he talks to Coach Abernathy a lot, they're very close. Talks with Coach Kelly quite a bit too. He likes UT, UK, Bama and PSU. Said he's focused on Spring ball now, not thinking much about recruiting.

Reactions: 3 people
You can contribute all these Marietta players coming to campus and considering UT to Harrison Bailey and Keyton. They are in the ear of Wray, BJ, Gilbert, Kimani Vidal(Rb), and Rashad. All are 4* and all will be top 75-100 guys. These kids are close knit like family and I'd say it wouldn't be hard for UT to get 3 or more of them.

VN Store

Back