6-2
CLASS OF 19
BATON ROUGE, LA
(UNIVERSITY LAB)

Makiya Tongue, University Lab, Outside Linebacker

Rivals.com

Makiya Tongue - Hudl

Last edited:
the tennessee volunteers are the latest program to offer rising 2019 athlete makiya tongue from university lab in baton rouge, la.

Tongue reported the offer mid-afternoon tuesday.

Tennessee joins a growing offer list that includes auburn, indiana, kansas state, kentucky, and missouri at the power 5 conference level. He also has offers from marshall, tulane, and ull.

Tongue attended mississippi state's junior day event jan. 27.

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound tongue has played both sides of the ball for university lab, which he helped to an undefeated season in 2017. University lab won the louisiana division ii state championship.

Tongue, who is the son of former nfl safety reggie tongue, is projected at outside linebacker in the industry-generated 247sports composite, which ranks him as the no. 28 overall prospect regardless of position in the state of louisiana's 2019 recruiting cycle.

Tongue has played extensively at receiver and multiple spots on defense so far in his high school career. He is one of several p5-caliber prospects in university lab's 2019 recruiting class.

UT offered for WR per this article from Brian Perroni of 247...

"I don't know much about Texas A&M. I'm going out there this weekend so I'm hoping to find out more." Schools see Tongue at a number of positions at the next level but A&M appears to have a specific one in mind for him. "He said he's offering me as an athlete," Tongue said of Peveto, "but when I go to junior day, he wants me to go with the linebackers."

Though his father Reggie played linebacker in the NFL for close to a decade, the younger Tongue actually spends most of his time on offense. "I start for my team at receiver and I play a little bit of defense," he said. "Mainly I play receiver but, when I do go in on defense, I usually go in at free safety or a QB spy.

"Preferably I'd play offense. But, whatever the school I like needs me to play, that's what I'll do. I like defense - I like hitting people." A few schools have offered him at receiver, though.

"Most of my offers are for athlete," he said. "The ones I have for receiver specifically are Tennessee, Missouri, Indiana, La Tech and Utah."

Tongue is not close to a decision but says he has some favorites at the moment. "I'm liking Missouri - Missouri is standing out," he said. "Utah as well. Missouri, Utah and I'm liking Tennessee. I just got the offer but I talked to the head coach and I like how they work around there and I like that they offered me as a receiver. Tennessee, Missouri, Utah and Indiana are the ones that are sticking out right now."

Reactions: 2 people
Reggie played ball in Alaska, I tackled him one in a game(well he ran over me but I held on.)

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back