'19 GA TE Sean Brown (Tennessee signee)

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
'19 GA TE Sean Brown (UT commit 5/11/18)

14_5297896.JPG

TE
6-5
CLASS OF 19
ROME, GA
(COOSA)

Rivals.com

Rivals.com
247 - Sean Brown, Coosa, Tight End

RIVALS - Rivals.com

OFFERS - AppSt, Cincy, ColoST, GaSt, KY, NCSt, TxSt, TRoy, WMich, VOLS

https://steemit.com/football/@prepstothepros/maryland-offer-sean-brown-te-19

From SEC Country:

As written earlier this week on SEC Country, Auburn will be in the market for multiple tight ends in the 2019 cycle.

There are several offered prospects on the Tigers radar. Auburn has strong interest in several tight ends across the Southeast, a few of them who attended junior day and were mentioned in the article about tight ends linked above.

One of those names: Sean Brown from Coosa High School in Rome, Ga.

Brown holds offers from Cincinnati, Kentucky and N.C. State, among others, with schools such as Auburn, Georgia and Florida State communicating often. Auburn hasn’t offered, but Brown said his junior day visit earlier in February gave him extra hope that it would happen.

If it does, it would be a big one.

“They’re coming this spring to watch me practice,” Brown said. “I just want to play SEC ball. That’s been my dream since I was a kid.”

Auburn offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey and tight ends coach Larry Porter stopped at Brown’s high school separately in the spring. The two-coach effort generally give an indication of a program’s interest.

In Auburn’s case, that’s high despite not offering yet.

The Tigers’ message to the 6-foot-5, 243-pound tight end has been clear.

“What they’re saying now is any freshman tight end that comes in, they’re going to get some playing time. That means a lot to me,” Brown said.

TE picks up offer, set to visit

Tennessee offered Georgia TE Sean Brown today. Kid grew up a big Alabama fan and has recent offers from Michigan, Maryland, UK and N.C. State. Auburn could offer soon, too. Brown talked with both Pruitt and Niedermeyer. Will visit on March 3.

- Simonton

Reactions: 2 people
as tennessee transitions to a more pro-style offense, the vols are in need of a few physical, in-line blocking tight ends. They signed a pair of hybrid prospects in the 2018 class (dominick wood-anderson and jacob warren), but they’ve offered several traditional tight ends in the 2019 class, including 3-star sean brown.

Brown picked up a tennessee scholarship on tuesday, getting a pair of calls from position coach brian nidermeyer and head coach jeremy pruitt. “i talked to coach pruitt on the phone. He’s the one who offered me personally,” brown told volquest. “they told me they needed a tight end who was physical and wasn’t worried about catching the ball too much. They think i would fit perfectly right in their system.”

the cossa (ga.) high prospect is 6-foot-5, 240-pounds and has recent offers from kentucky, maryland and n.c. State. The rome, ga., native grew up an alabama fan and has visited auburn, who just offered wednesday, and georgia recently. He’s very familiar with pruitt and is looking forward to meeting him on march 3 when he plans to visit tennessee for the first time.

“(pruitt) grew up probably about 45 minutes from where i live at. He knows what kind of football we play down here and he expects a lot out of it,” brown said. “growing up down here, it was all about sec football. That’s all i really knew as a kid. I always knew that i wanted to play in the sec somewhere, no matter where it was.”

- vq

when sean brown started to receive interest from college programs in recent months, he didn’t envision that he might get a chance to choose between some of the top programs in the southeast. “i figured maybe a couple of little schools, but i never expected sec,” he said this week. “growing up down here, that’s all i really ever wanted.”

that’s why the three-star junior tight end from coosa high school in rome, ga., was blown away by the scholarship offers he received tuesday from tennessee and wednesday from auburn, and he said he expects the vols to be “one of my top choices.” he said he’s already planning to visit tennessee next weekend to attend its junior day after getting his offer from the vols. “that was a complete surprise,” brown said. “honestly, i don’t really know anything (about tennessee).”

“he just liked the way that i played, and he was excited about me and he wanted to make sure that (the offer) came from him,” said brown. Brown said pruitt likes that he has “just a big body and can block and catch,” and pruitt made it clear to him that he could play a big role in the vols’ offense. “he said he’s trying to get tight ends built more back into their offense,” brown said, calling his conversation with pruitt.

While brown isn’t all that familiar with tennessee, he already knew plenty about pruitt. Brown said he grew up liking alabama, where pruitt spent eight of the past 11 years on coach nick saban’s staff, and he remembers meeting pruitt when he was younger at one of the crimson tide’s camps. “i think i’ve met him once before, like, back a long time ago, but i doubt he even remembered that,” brown said of pruitt. “it was a camp whenever i was small.”

brown’s familiarity with pruitt’s defenses at alabama makes him confident, he said, that pruitt will do well at tennessee.“they play with a lot of energy and intensity,” brown said. “i feel like he’ll fit in real good right there, and i think he’s going to do a real good job.”

he also holds offers from kentucky, maryland and n.c. State, among others. But he admitted to 247sports’ keith niebuhr this week that auburn “is going to be one of my top choices, definitely — them and tennessee.” for now, though, brown isn’t planning to decide on a college any time soon. “i’m going to wait until signing day next year,” he said.

Reactions: 1 person
“i fell in love with tennessee,” brown told volquest. “everything about this program. It's amazing. The coaches. The place. I talked to coach (jeremy) pruitt about it. There’s just something about it. I just loved it there.”

“pruitt wanted to let me know that he really wants me,” brown explained. “to hear that from somebody like jeremy pruitt is a big deal. From any head coach it’s special, but from coach pruitt, that really means a lot considering where he came from.”

brown grew up a casual alabama fan, and he had the chance to actually get to know pruitt and tight ends coach brian niedermeyer, a former tide assistant. He spent most of the day with niedermeyer, watching film and “building a relationship with him.” “i loved him, too. He was an awesome guy,” brown said. I could relate to him.”

“we watched some of the film of how they’re going to run their offense and they compared it to my skill-set and they think that i’d fit right in there,” brown said. “they like that i can block, but also spread the field and take people deep. Bodying them up and really just being versatile.”

while brown isn’t in any rush to make a decision, it’s clear that tennessee and auburn have seriously caught his attention in the last few weeks. He hopes to continue developing his rapport with niedermeyer and will visit the vols again in the spring “as soon as i can.”

- vq

Reactions: 3 people
after getting a second and closer look at tennessee on monday, brown feels even stronger about the orange & white. “it’s the exact same thing, maybe even better though,” he said. “i really wanted to see how the team worked out, interacted together and i wanted to watch the way they do film. I wanted to get a feel for how they do everything,” he said. “they just go after it and get everything done. They’re really serious about everything.”

“they want two-dimensional tight ends,” brown said. “(pruitt) told me that he needs some real tight ends in their offense. Right now, they don’t have any good size tight ends right now.”

“i love the way that they play. They get after it, and i think i could really fit in,” he said. “they were showing me how they ran their offense. It was more in-depth.”

brown holds more than a dozen offers, but auburn and tennessee continue to stand out amongst the pack. He’s closing in on a decision, but appreciates that ut’s new staff isn’t trying to hurry him into making his college choice.

Whenever the time is right, he'll decide. “the support that they give me means (a lot). They’re not trying to rush anything. They want me to make my own decision and i really appreciate and respect that from them," brown said. “honestly, i want to do something pretty soon. And i got to go with my gut feeling on it.”

- vq

Reactions: 7 people
Lampley, Morris, Lowe, and Brown will all be on board by May.

Now we need someone to play behind them.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back