6_8093241.jpg

SDE
6-4
CLASS OF 19
Concord, NC (Cox Mill)

247 - Terrell Dawkins, Cox Mill, Strong-Side Defensive End

OFFERS - AppSt, ODU, Gators, Charlotte, VOLS

Last edited by a moderator:
Under the director of a new staff, Tennessee is looking to get back involved in North Carolina, offering a slew of prospects from the Tar Heel State for the 2019 cycle. The latest recruit to pick up a scholarship from the Vols is 3-star defensive lineman Terrell Dawkins from Cox Mill.

“Coach (Brian) Niedermeyer told me that he was watching my film and liked how I played. He said there’s a bunch of really good talent in North Carolina and that I was one of them. He then threw me that offer,” said Dawkins, who picked up a scholarship from Florida the day before.

The 6-foot-4, 250-pound end is a versatile prospect who has seen his recruitment slowly start to pick up following a nice junior season. Dawkins, who runs 100-meters and throws the discus in track, said Niedermeyer told him that he “liked how I moved,” and that my “get off was really good.” Florida was similarly impressed with Dawkins’ athleticism, telling the North Carolina native “they liked my versatility and ability to play the run at multiple positions.”

Dawkins is coached by his dad, Tommy Dawkins, who has moved his son around to showcasing his abilities at various spots on the d-line. “My dad is my defensive line coach and since I was the most athletic person on the line, he had me moving around playing multiple positions,” Dawkins said. “I would play tackle, end and even nose and even the weakside every so often. I would line up wherever they needed me most.”

Dawkins doesn’t know a ton about the Vols yet, but he’s eager to get on campus and see firsthand Tennessee’s facilities and new coaching staff. The Vols hope to get him on campus as soon as possible. “Tennessee wants me to go up to (its) Junior Day on either the 24th or March 3. I don’t know if I can make it since it’s so soon, but I’m going to try and get there,” he said.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Vols are recruiting Dawkins hard as an OLB. He loved his first visit, as Tennessee cemented itself as one of his leaders along with UF and NC State. He'll be at Ohio State next weekend. He plans to make announcement shortly after that though, saying, "I kind of already have a decision, but I’m still looking out a little bit. But I already really have a set decision in my head."
Full story to come.

-Simonton

Reactions: 2 people
I'm surprised he isn't one of those highly rated local kids that mysteriously winds up at Concord High. Cox Mill is not a good football team.

I'm curious to see the full story. If the kid has a glowing review, I think that tells us what we are hoping to know since he will have visited us more recently than Florida.

Last edited:
The 6-foot-4, 250-pound hybrid North Carolina defensive lineman said Tennessee's tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer and outside linebackers assistant Chris Rumph are recruiting him as hard as anyone, and meeting the staff in person over the weekend “helped me a lot.”

“It was already one of my top schools, but the visit really helped me determine that I liked the school even more,” said Dawkins, who made the trip with his parents.

“Tennessee is a school I’m most definitely considering. Most definitely.”

With his parents in tow, Dawkins enjoyed his first look at Tennessee’s campus and Neyland Stadium. He joked that he thought the 97-year-old stadium looked “a little average,” but “then I went up to the top to watch the scrimmage and I looked down and man, it was scary to look down. That thing is huge.”

Dawkins hopes to get back to UF and Tennessee sometime this spring, but isn’t sure of his schedule yet. On the heels of his latest visit, he’s nearing an announcement, with a choice already in mind.

“I kind of already have a decision, but I’m still looking out a little bit,” he said.

“But I already really have a set decision in my head.”

VQ

Reactions: 2 people
looks like he could add some good weight and be a force on the edge.

I'm surprised he isn't one of those highly rated local kids that mysteriously winds up at Concord High. Cox Mill is not a good football team.

I'm curious to see the full story. If the kid has a glowing review, I think that tells us what we are hoping to know since he will have visited us more recently than Florida.

His dad is a coach at Cox Mill I think

Last edited:
Long, athletic, tall kid with tons of room to grow and a mixtape of greatest hits in the backfield.

Yeah, he sucks. Three stars. Because stars mean sooooo much.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back