RB
6-0
CLASS OF 19
BAILEY, NC
(SOUTHERN NASH)

Zonovan Knight, Southern Nash, Running Back

Rivals.com

Zonovan "BAM" Knight - Hudl

three-star junior running back zonovan knight of southern nash high school in bailey, n.c., told govols247 on sunday that he’s planning to visit tennessee on saturday for the vols’ first junior day of the year.

The 6-foot, 190-pound knight said he will be visiting tennessee for the first time.

He has yet to receive a scholarship offer from the vols, but he holds offers from nearly a dozen schools, including louisville, maryland, n.c. State, wake forest, duke, boston college and illinois.

Knight is ranked by 247sports as the no. 437 overall prospect and no. 34 running back in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class.

All three predictions on the 247sports crystal ball point to duke as the favorite to land him.

four-star junior running back zonovan knight of southern nash high school in bailey, n.c., posted thursday afternoon on his twitter account that he received a scholarship offer from tennessee.

“blessed to receive my 12th offer from the university of tennessee!!” he tweeted.

The offer came just five days after the vols hosted the 6-foot, 190-pound knight on saturday for their first junior day of the year.

Knight also holds offers from duke, louisville, n.c. State, maryland, virginia, wake forest and illinois, among others.

He’s ranked the no. 298 overall prospect and no. 21 running back in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class

“I was excited that they offered me as a running back because, when I went up there, the head coach, Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, he was talking about putting me on the defensive side, playing DB,” said Knight, who’s ranked the No. 298 overall prospect and No. 20 running back in the 247Sports Composite for the 2019 class. “So I was surprised when they offered me as a running back.”

“They’ll definitely be in my top three,” he said of Tennessee. “I’ll definitely have to try to set up an official visit.”

“(Hardesty) was (saying) they had a meeting (Thursday) morning for about an hour and a half talking about where I should play and stuff, and they finally decided to let me play running back,” Knight said of Hardesty. “He said I kind of remind him a lot of himself. He said I’m a tall, lengthy running back with just speed and stuff, and they could really help me develop as a player.”

“It was great,” Knight said. "I really liked the school. I hadn’t been to a school that was that big before, and I really liked the coaches. Coach Pruitt, Coach Hardesty and the new running backs coach (Chris Weinke), I really liked all of them and how they spent time with my family and stuff when I visited.”

“They made me feel like a priority, even though they didn’t offer me then,” he said. "But I still feel like a priority for them. … I didn’t really know anything about Coach Pruitt or any of the staff, but I really like them. They just gave off a good vibe, and I really liked it.”

His top 3 right now is Duke, NCSU and Tennessee. He hopes to decide before his senior season starts.

Reactions: 2 people
That is just still so unnerving seeing Chris Weinke is recruiting running backs for Tennessee.

Derek Dooley was the RB’s coach for Saban at LSU.

Dooley wasn’t the starting QB for our opponent in the biggest game in our schools recent past. Took me a while to get over Gillespie as well. Just weird is all.

I doubt that sticks, but whatever.

Best of luck Donovan with a Z.

VN Store

Back