nybvzisdmdnnsvfqwqsj

LINEBACKER
6'1'' | 205 LBS
CLASS OF 2019

Rivals.com

Kalen DeLoach, Islands, Outside Linebacker

Kalen DeLoach - Hudl

[twitter]965051976278052869[/twitter]

after drawing interest from tennessee over the past couple of weeks, kalen deloach wasn’t exactly caught off guard saturday by the scholarship offer he received from the vols. But that didn’t make the news any less exciting. The four-star junior linebacker from islands high school in savannah, ga., said he learned of his offer from tennessee during a conversation with new vols offensive quality control assistant tino sunseri, and he’s now hoping to visit tennessee for the first time as early as next weekend.

“i’d heard from them for, like, the past two weeks, so it wasn’t really that surprising. But i was surprised,” said deloach, who’s ranked by 247sports as the no. 192 overall prospect and no. 13 outside linebacker in the 2019 class. “it’s a great program.”

the 6-foot, 198-pound deloach, who also has added offers from florida state, texas a&m, virginia tech, ole miss and notre dame since friday, said he’s hoping to take his first look at the vols “either next week or whenever i can make it up there, really.” he said he’s already planning to travel this weekend to alabama, which extended an offer to him more than two weeks ago, before perhaps going on a pair of visits next weekend.

“the following week, i think i’m going to florida state on friday and either lsu or tennessee on saturday,” deloach said. “whatever school i don’t get to out of lsu or tennessee, i’m going to end up going there (later).”

deloach said he likes what he has heard from sunseri, who joined new tennessee head coach jeremy pruitt’s staff last month. “coach sunseri, we talked for 30 minutes,” said deloach, who’s also rated a three-star prospect in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “he’d been texting me before that. We were trying to get on the phone for the longest.“he said i can run sideline to sideline, i’m physical, and i can make plays on both sides of the ball — offense and defense.”

while deloach never has been to tennessee, he said he has heard good things about the vols from one of his friends, top-50 cornerback andrew booth of archer high school in lawrenceville, ga. Deloach said he also holds tennessee’s new staff in high regard. “i know that i’d be coached by a great linebackers coach who puts his linebackers in the right position to make it to the next level,” he said, referring to new defensive coordinator kevin sherrer, who also coaches the vols’ inside linebackers. “i heard a little something about them. One of my friends visited tennessee, i think, and he said it’s a place that i should go check out,” deloach added, referring to booth. "he said he liked it.”

Reactions: 1 person
5 star, #1 LB in the nation, Owen Pappoe, is listed as 6’ 211lbs on 247. JJ Peterson was listed 6’1” 210 this time last year.

Point is sizes on recruiting profiles aren’t always accurate, and the kids usually grow quite a bit from ages 15-18.

But commenting on profile sizes is certainly common. So carry on...

Reactions: 2 people
nb4 he is going to grow at least 3" and put on 50 lbs

I think you and I had this debate in another thread. hahaha. I said it's possible for kids this age to still grow a little and you acted like I said every kid is still growing forever. There's evidence of both sides of the argument and I don't really want to get into it again if you are the same poster that I'm thinking of. But yer comment did spark my curiosity so I tried to find data about it. From everything I've found, on average boys grow about an inch and 15-20 lbs between ages 16 and 18. Some don't grow any more after 16 and some grow considerably up until 19 or 20. Here is an article from last summer. They pulled roster data from every college program from the last 5 years. Of note here: Average height and weight of an FBS linebacker was 6'1" and 223 lbs. So he's not far from that. Which you will say that's not SEC average. Well that's harder to find. haha. Just thought the article was interesting. :compute:

How Big Is the Average College Football Player? | Football Player Data

I think you and I had this debate in another thread. hahaha. I said it's possible for kids this age to still grow a little and you acted like I said every kid is still growing forever. There's evidence of both sides of the argument and I don't really want to get into it again if you are the same poster that I'm thinking of. But yer comment did spark my curiosity so I tried to find data about it. From everything I've found, on average boys grow about an inch and 15-20 lbs between ages 16 and 18. Some don't grow any more after 16 and some grow considerably up until 19 or 20. Here is an article from last summer. They pulled roster data from every college program from the last 5 years. Of note here: Average height and weight of an FBS linebacker was 6'1" and 223 lbs. So he's not far from that. Which you will say that's not SEC average. Well that's harder to find. haha. Just thought the article was interesting. :compute:

How Big Is the Average College Football Player? | Football Player Data

probably was me. My whole point has been the "thank God Pruitt has a size he recruits to" crowd are full of it. he recruits players, if they grow or don't doesn't have a lot to do with it. he might take the bigger guy if incredibly similar, but he isn't going to pass talent for being small.

also to the debate on is he growing or not looking at 2016 game recaps vs 2017 recaps they don't show a height difference between the two. imo if you are growing, you are growing. most people don't just sprout a couple inches overnite. unless someone knows how tall his parents/siblings are and can bring genetics into this I don't see a reason to believe he will. Can he? absolutely. will he? idk. that is it. which is why I included the nb4. probably should have included something on guys bench pressing cars in the nb4 too.

probably was me. My whole point has been the "thank God Pruitt has a size he recruits to" crowd are full of it. he recruits players, if they grow or don't doesn't have a lot to do with it. he might take the bigger guy if incredibly similar, but he isn't going to pass talent for being small.

also to the debate on is he growing or not looking at 2016 game recaps vs 2017 recaps they don't show a height difference between the two. imo if you are growing, you are growing. most people don't just sprout a couple inches overnite. unless someone knows how tall his parents/siblings are and can bring genetics into this I don't see a reason to believe he will. Can he? absolutely. will he? idk. that is it. which is why I included the nb4. probably should have included something on guys bench pressing cars in the nb4 too.

Hahaha yeah I don't think we really disagree here and yes how many cars he can bench is way more important. I can bench 3 cars per hand.

My bad. I searched for it and it didn’t pull up. I don’t think there is any question UT is the leader. Already high 4 star, will definitely challenge for a 5 star.

At least you asked and didn't start an extra thread. The OCD's would've roasted you for it. hahaha Also, you got Swanson'd. Boom. Thanks for the post though. Good news indeed. :lolabove:

Pruitt makin all the right moves recruiting these high caliber LBs... its been waaay too long since weve seen that

Don't care. I do not really care about filling the NFL with players. I care about seeing UT win. If he's 5'6", 160 lbs and help make UT's D great then so be it.

Exactly. I wanna see success at Tennessee. What a player does or doesnt do in the NFL doesnt matter in the slightest.

“I enjoyed the visit. Me and my parents all enjoyed the visit. It’s definitely a place that I will look into, and I will go back up there again,” said DeLoach, who’s ranked the No. 325 overall prospect and No. 22 outside linebacker in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2019 class. “I became way more interested in Tennessee than before. I didn’t expect it to be like that.”

The 6-foot, 201-pound DeLoach said he was particularly impressed by the Vols’ campus and facilities, and he enjoyed meeting with new Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff for the first time. “We really built relationships with each other,” DeLoach said. “I saw the campus, and we talked about time management and stuff like that. It was good. “I liked the indoor (facility) and stuff like that. It’s just kind of like Alabama. Everything’s right there.” He also said the Vols’ Neyland Stadium is “super big — one of the top five biggest in the nation,” although he already had heard “before I went on the visit that it was big.”

“(Sunseri) was saying he can see me playing at Tennessee, how I could build my brand at Tennessee, and he thinks I would (make) a good impact at Tennessee while they’re rebuilding,” DeLoach said. “(Sherrer) said I’d play Mike linebacker — which is, like, the middle linebacker — where I could blitz.” “He was just basically saying the same thing about building my brand, how I can just come in and, if I practice well, I’ll get a chance to play,” DeLoach said, referring to Pruitt. “He definitely will have success. He’s rebuilding, so he’s just looking for good athletes to come in so he can build Tennessee back up the way it used to be.”

“My mom, she’s a big academic person,” he said, “so when she heard that they get updated for grades, like, every week, that’s when she was like, ‘OK, I can see you going here.’”

Deloach is hoping to get back to Knoxville soon and plans to take his OV's this fall. Likely won't decide until closer to NSD.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back