MARRERO, LA
(JOHN EHRET)

Travis Mumphrey, John Ehret, Dual-Threat Quarterback

Rivals.com

Travis Mumphrey Jr. - Hudl

[twitter]964948013981544456[/twitter]

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Um did you even watch his film? Yeah, he's a bit raw, but look at some of those throws he makes. He threads passes into receivers while on the run. I like this kid. Very athletic.

Reactions: 1 person
Um did you even watch his film? Yeah, he's a bit raw, but look at some of those throws he makes. He threads passes into receivers while on the run. I like this kid. Very athletic.

Truthfully, no.

I was just responding because I saw where coach Johnson was his recruiter.

mumphrey spoke with both wide receivers coach david johnson and head coach jeremy pruitt on saturday, and the staff told him, “they said they watched my tape just minutes (earlier) and were like, ‘wow,’” he said. They loved my tape, my mobility and my delivery. (pruitt) was like, ‘we want to offer you a full scholarship to the university of tennessee and have you come check us out.”

mumphrey, a 3-star star prospect out of john ehret (la.), led the patriots to 21 wins as a two-year starter. Johnson was a familiar voice on the other end of the line, too, as mumphrey’s dad is former childhood friends with tennessee’s new receivers coach, formerly a longtime native of new orleans. “my dad grew up with him,” mumphrey said. “they go (way) back.”

the 6-foot-1, 185-pound quarterback said he has a skill-set that will translate well in whatever offense wants him, adding, “i’ve versatile. I’m a mobile quarterback and a good decision-maker. … i think other schools will take heed to my talents because tennessee has offered me."

in addition to david johnson, mumphrey is cousin’s with former john ehret cornerback and current tennessee db terrell bailey. The family members had a brief but funny interaction after mumphrey got the offer news saturday, with the 2019 quarterback saying bailey was very happy him but didn’t have much time to talk.

“he was glad for me, but really tired and was going to sleep so we didn’t stay on the phone long,” mumphrey said. He was tired from a hard workout or something, so we’re going to talk more again later.”

when mumphrey visits tennessee for the first time next weekend for the junior day, he’s excited to meet pruitt and offensive coordinator tyson helton, as well as checkout the facilities and neyland stadium.

- vq

Reactions: 3 people
My favorite type of QB is one who runs like a dual threat and throws like a pro style QB.

Whew, those throws were money. I would love to see some Tennessee QBs dropping dimes like that.

That's why he was offered as a QB and not a WR as some suggest on here. This staff knows what they are doing.

I know it's early, but I wonder how our QB board looks at this point.

Seems like at RB we've got Sanders and Crouch 1a, 1b - and outside of Eric Gray idk which other backs we've offered off hand.

At QB it's been this kid, Bachmeier, Howell, and a few others.

Landing a QB would go a long way towards building this class up.

Seems like at RB we've got Sanders and Crouch 1a, 1b - and outside of Eric Gray idk which other backs we've offered off hand.

I'm pretty sure this is about the time we want a QB to commit. QBs should be one of the first commits of the class imo

What about the Texas kid. Something gunner I think?

And taulia

VN Store

Back