SDE
6-4
CLASS OF 19
WEST CHESTER, OH
(LAKOTA WEST)

Steven Faucheux, Lakota West, Strong-Side Defensive End

Rivals.com

Steven Faucheux - #94 / #56 - Hudl

Vols offered. He visited UT last fall for LSU game.

"i've not narrowed my list down yet, and i'm still waiting to go on some visits before doing that," faucheux stated. "i'm pretty sure i'm getting close to figuring out what i'm looking for, but i have a few junior days and spring practices to check out." "once i get out and see a few more schools, hopefully i will be able to narrow things down," he added.

Faucheux has already scheduled three unofficial visits, and there could be more coming for this versatile lineman. "i want to get back to tennessee for spring practice for sure, to clemson on march 3, and back to penn state one more time in the near future," he explained. "those are all i know for now, but there could be more. Clemson has not offered yet, but i'm looking forward to visiting there and seeing what they're all about. I really think a lot of what dabo swinney and the program he's put together."

"with tennessee, they offered me earlier and that offer was reaffirmed by coach (jeremy) pruitt," he noted. "i want to go back to meet the new staff, and i really like their business school. The location is great for my family, and they have a lot to offer with the new staff. Coach pruitt is going to be successful, and i feel good about him as the head coach."

"penn state has been there for the beginning, and out of all the schools i've visited and spoken with, they have the best family atmosphere," faucheux admitted. "i think coach (james) franklin stresses that, and the school is great academically as well as doing great on the football field. All those things put together as one makes penn state pretty attractive to me."

a decision could be coming in the next few months, as faucheux is looking to make his choice before the start of his senior season. "i'd like to have this done before my season starts, and i know these great schools could start to fill up fast," faucheux said. "whenever the time is right and i know the school, i'm going to go ahead and commit."

Reactions: 2 people
I still like my 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of Penn State for West Chester (Ohio) Lakota West Top247 defensive end Steven Faucheux but a visit to Clemson on March 3 could be big as that relationship blossoms. Faucheux added he’s also high on the new Tennessee staff and talks with them often. He’s still considering several others as well.

- Wiltfong, 247

“I really like UT and the staff that Coach Pruitt has put together. I like where they are headed, and I like that they are in a hurry to get there,” said Faucheux, who’s ranked the No. 204 overall prospect and No. 15 strongside defensive end in the 247Sports Composite for the 2019 class. “There are probably five or six schools who might be in the mix for me. Right now, Tennessee is probably among the three that are standing out.”

“I wanted to see what UT looked like now that the new coaching staff is in place and has had some time to work together, and I wanted to see how they worked with the players,” Faucheux said. “Plus, I wanted to visit with my mom. She wasn't able to go the first two times. “The visit went really well for me. I got to talk to some of the coaches a little more one-on-one this time and get an up-close look at the team.”

“We spent more time walking around campus this time, and I was able to sit in on the defense meeting with Coach Pruitt and the defensive staff and in Coach Rocker’s DL meeting,” Faucheux said.

“I had a chance to sit down with my parents and Coach Pruitt. Also had the chance for us to visit with Coach Rocker before the team meetings and again after practice. We talked to the strength and nutrition staffs about player development, and I got to meet with Coach Weinke after practice.”

“The coaches say they like my versatility, so I fit in either a 3-4 or a 4-3 (defense) and can move in and out from a five-(technique) to a four, to a three — and maybe even a one in certain situations,” he said. “I think I would bring some good size to the (defensive line), too, in any of those spots.”

He plans to commit by early summer.

Reactions: 1 person
I know with that schedule he wasn’t playing chumps. Think of what he’d be like all bulked up. Monster.

Also want.

VN Store

Back