CLASS OF 19
Miami, FL (Columbus)

247 - Kalani Norris, Columbus, Wide Receiver

RIVALS - Rivals.com

NOTABLE OFFERS - L'Ville, BA, KY, UGa, Purdue, UInd, VOLS

Has a brother at WKU.

[YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a ton of film but seems like a good possession receiver. Doesn’t have that explosive burst or top end speed to beat someone one on one deep but seems like he runs good routes. If we are going more pro style he could be a good fit. Being from Miami I would be surprised if he doesn’t go there especially since he already has an offer.

Tennessee recruiting Kalani Norris the hardest

Someone from Tennessee contacts wide receiver Kalani Norris almost every day, and he talks to wide receivers coach David Johnson the most. The work could start to pay dividends soon. The Miami native told SEC Country that the Vols are pursuing him hardest right now.

But this hasn’t resulted in the Vols being a leader. It’s still early in the process.

“I don’t have any team at the top right now,” Norris said. “Just exploring my options and see what everyone has to say.”

Norris holds other SEC offers from Georgia, Missouri and Kentucky.

I believe the constant contact will pay off when Norris gets closer to a final decision. He said relationships will be the biggest determining factor in choosing a school.

“Just talking every day,” Norris said when asked about how coaches build relationships. “Not only about football, but about what you’re going through in life and about God. It’s all about trust.”

Norris plans to visit Tennessee the weekend of March 17.

“I just want to see the campus,” Norris said. “Everyone’s been telling me it’s a beautiful campus. I want to get the feel and atmosphere of it.”

A walk through Neyland Stadium would give Norris a feel for the campus.

Norris also will be keeping a close eye on the depth chart wherever he visits.

“A factor for me is how much they pass and how much playing time I’m going to get,” Norris said. “As a freshman, I want to go in and play right now and make an impact.”

It can be difficult to close with Florida talent when Signing Day gets close. That doesn’t seem like it’ll be much of an issue at this moment.

“I honestly want to get out of Florida for college and go explore the world and see some different places,” Norris said.

The 6-foot, 175-pound wide receiver runs a 4.5-second 40-time, which could get better as he gets older.

What Norris believes he does best is why I believe Tennessee is so interested. He rates as a 3-star prospect and ranks as the No. 74 wide receiver in the class, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

“Separation in my routes,” Norris said. “I create separation for myself and get open for the quarterback.”

In the pro-style offense the Vols will run, getting quick separation from defensive backs will be key. The goal might be to burn defenses downfield, but quick passes also will help keep the offense on track.

It will be interesting to see how much offensive coordinator Ty Helton throws the ball this season. Norris said that was important to him. Helton has made it clear he’ll have a run-first team.

Norris said he believes he has all the qualities Tennessee seeks.

“They just say they can use a receiver like me,” Norris said. “I have good speed, and I’m a good route runner. I have good hands. Just be a playmaker out there.”

-- Blake Morgan, SECCountry

Full Article here

Reactions: 3 people
“I honestly want to get out of Florida for college and go explore the world and see some different places,” Norris said.

I like that sound of that. Smart kid.

Reactions: 2 people
Junior highlight film is legit. Pruitt rankings bump is in the mail.

Prototype slot receiver. I wonder if they are gonna use those tiny Zs or if they are going to stay balanced with the outside guys?

“I came away very impressed,” Norris told SEC Country. “I loved the campus, and I love what [Coach Jeremy] Pruitt is bringing to the table. Love the direction they are heading in.

“Overall, it was a big visit. I got to meet the coaching staff, see the campus, look at the stadium. Just get a feel for how it is on the campus.”

Norris is a sharp route runner who projects to fit well into Tennessee’s new pro-style offense. At 6-foot and 165-pounds, he’s stout enough to block defensive backs, which offensive coordinator Tyson Helton values.

“Just getting to sit down and talk with Coach Pruitt alone with my momma and grandmother,” Norris said. “It went great. We got to talk about life and what he brings to the table. We also got to talk about what he likes about my game.”

-Blake Morgan

Tennessee made most of Kalani Norris' visit: 'Love the direction they are heading'

Reactions: 3 people
Vols lead.

The three-star junior wide receiver from Columbus High School in Miami said Tennessee still is “the leader right now” following his visit Saturday for the Vols’ junior day, and he “definitely” came away liking them even more after seeing for himself what they have to offer. “The visit overall was perfect. They actually set the bar for all the other colleges that I’m planning to visit,” said Norris. “Everything there was nice. Their hospitality was nice. I just loved everything about the visit.”

“(I liked) the fact that Coach (David) Johnson, the receivers coach, he sat down and talked with my parents about not only football, but about life, about what he sees in me, about how he is as a coach and as a person,” Norris said. “He’s a very down-to-earth person. I like what I see, and I feel like we already have a good relationship right now, but it’s going to grow even more.”

“They say they can use me outside, inside,” Norris said. "They feel like I can make plays all over the field. (Johnson) was just talking to me about the recruiting process, just to always be you, and it’s not about everybody else because this process, you only get it one time, and just enjoy it. Just go see other schools, go explore my options.

“I sat down with (Pruitt). Me and my parents actually talked to him. He was talking about what he wants to bring to the table, how he feels about me as a playmaker and how he could use me in the new offense they have with (offensive coordinator) Tyson Helton. “(Pruitt) says I’m a big target for them, that they really want me up there.”

Reactions: 7 people
Not a burner, but this kid has good hands, plays with an edge and makes people miss in traffic...

Sign him up!

Is this who the Tino Sunseri tweet was about on the surprise visit?

VN Store

Back