qpmqeaboe99bc05ije7j

SDE
6'3'' | 245 LBS
CLASS OF 2019

Rivals.com

Savion Jackson, Clayton, Strong-Side Defensive End

Savion Jackson - Hudl

19 for '19: Vols early wish list

Jackson is seeing more and more attention as he recently tripped to Alabama. He plans on visiting Tennessee for an upcoming Junior Day as Brian Niedermeyer has done a good job of establishing a nice relationship early on. His size and athleticism has coaches from all conferences calling and he appears to be just what Tennessee is looking for from the end position.

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
we have to heavily invest time in Tennessee...got to get control...too many good players to see run off somewhere else...of course, we have to scour NC, SC, GA, and FL too...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

we have to heavily invest time in Tennessee...got to get control...too many good players to see run off somewhere else...of course, we have to scour NC, SC, GA, and FL too...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

OK, Great...(Haddie Mae voice) :)

RIVALS’ REACTION…

Jackson released a top ten of Alabama, Tennessee, Louisville, South Carolina, North Carolina, Ohio State, Clemson, Penn State, Virginia Tech, and N.C. State back in October but it seems like N.C. State, North Carolina, and South Carolina are the clear frontrunners for him right now. All three are locks to make Jackson’s next short list and to receive official visits. Tennessee could be a major threat here depending on what Jackson thinks of how the season begins for the Vols but, as of now, it’s hard to see Jackson ending up anywhere other than N.C. State.

- Adam Friedman, Rivals

There was a video interview and he likes NCSU A LOT. He's visited there over 10 times. Talked a good bit about UNC and USC as well. Sounds like those 3 and Tennessee are likely his top 4.

They have done pretty well we DL lately.

There was a video interview and he likes NCSU A LOT. He's visited there over 10 times. Talked a good bit about UNC and USC as well. Sounds like those 3 and Tennessee are likely his top 4.

What made it a weird train of thought to me was that UT now has an all-round great coaching staff that would blow NCSU's out the water. Yeah, UT had it's worst season ever in last year. However, that was with the previous regime and almost every coach on our staff has coached in a title game. Then you have NCSU that is usually a 7-6 or 8-5 team at best and usually doesn't go above .500 in the ACC.

I get the wait and see approach, but expect a different program like Clemson or FSU than NCSU. Great engineering program, though. Maybe he is wanting to do that.

What made it a weird train of thought to me was that UT now has an all-round great coaching staff that would blow NCSU's out the water. Yeah, UT had it's worst season ever in last year. However, that was with the previous regime and almost every coach on our staff has coached in a title game. Then you have NCSU that is usually a 7-6 or 8-5 team at best and usually doesn't go above .500 in the ACC.

I get the wait and see approach, but expect a different program like Clemson or FSU than NCSU. Great engineering program, though. Maybe he is wanting to do that.

Plus NCSU just had a few DL drafted. No doubt their staff is selling that hard. And it's clear the negative recruiting vs. Pruitt is that he hasn't proven anything as a HC.

Clayton is a robust 20 minute trip to NC States campus. Proximity is probably high on the list of things he’s looking for.

The pressure to stay home up underneath Momma or come get wid it on the Hill!!! Easy decision Savion my man. Easy decision.

We not that far away. Come on across the mountain, it's all down hill from Hartford to Newport, to Jeff, Co. and the home stretch of Sevierville to K'town.

VN Store

Back