Some top grad transfers for UT to pursue

pharmDvol11

I know the signing day was a little underwhelming for some fans but here are some available players who I believe could provide immediate impact or be quality rotation players in 2018- all just my opinion. I’m sure this list is subject to change. Anyway here are some guys right now in no particular order:

QB: Keller Chryst (Stanford)*
RB: CJ Fuller (Clemson), Tre Watson (California), Terence Williams (Baylor), Madre London (Michigan State)*
WR: CJ Sanders (Notre Dame), Raelon Singleton (Utah), Dominique Heath (Kansas State)
TE: Ian Bunting (Michigan), Kano Dillon (USF)
OL: Kevin Feder (Ohio State), Breontae Matthews (Kansas State), Justin Murphy (Texas Tech), Toriano Roundtree (Louisville)
DL: Sterling Johnson (Clemson), Jabril Robinson (Clemson), Jaleel Fields (West Virginia)
LB: Ricky DeBerry (Oklahoma), Jahvoni Simmons (Virginia), Brannon Berry (Illinois State)
DB: Juwan Dowels (Syracuse), Kiy Hester (Rutgers), Zeke Walker (Indiana), Terrence Alexander (Stanford), Nick Harvey (Texas A&M)
ST: Alim Muhammad (Holy Cross)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Btw I would take a flyer on either QB or WR listed. I would heavily pursue all the Clemson guys, DeBerry at LB and Hester at DB. The other DBs I’ve listed are pretty experienced too. And Muhammad is an intriguing player at DB/ST.

Reactions: 2 people
OL Calvin Anderson (Rice) visiting AU this weekend. Texas and Meechigan also pursuing.

I hope they can find some more OL candidates. That’s all I see what would improve what we already have. For some reason, people think we need CBs. We have a bunch of talent already, and just added Flowers.

Just going by reputation I’d take either of the QBs or OL. Anderson already has a thread around here somewhere, but he may be off the board already.

I’m not the expert but I would say 5. I think we had a couple of spots left in this recruiting cycle and we lost 3 underclassmen to the NFL draft.

But they also want to get Bryce Thompson so that could be one of the scholarships they are saving.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope they can find some more OL candidates. That’s all I see what would improve what we already have. For some reason, people think we need CBs. We have a bunch of talent already, and just added Flowers.

Just going by reputation I’d take either of the QBs or OL. Anderson already has a thread around here somewhere, but he may be off the board already.

I know I really couldn’t find many OL candidates but rumors are swirling that the “other” UT is poised to have many guys transferring out so maybe they’ll have a few quality OL we can nab. One can only hope, right?

I know the signing day was a little underwhelming for some fans but here are some available players who I believe could provide immediate impact or be quality rotation players in 2018- all just my opinion. I’m sure this list is subject to change. Anyway here are some guys right now in no particular order:

QB: Keller Chryst (Stanford), Wilton Speight (Michigan)
RB: CJ Fuller (Clemson), Tre Watson (California), Winston Dimel (Kansas State)
WR: CJ Sanders (Notre Dame), Raelon Singleton (Utah)
OL: Calvin Anderson (Rice), Kevin Feder (Ohio State)
DL: Sterling Johnson (Clemson), Jabril Robinson (Clemson)
LB: Ricky DeBerry (Oklahoma), Jahvoni Simmons (Virginia), Brannon Berry (Illinois State)
DB: Juwan Dowels (Syracuse), Khalil Oliver (Oregon), Kiy Hester (Rutgers), Zeke Walker (Indiana)
Chryst’s QB rating isnt any better than JG’s and it’s actually lower. Why?

Keller Chryst Stats, News, Videos, Pictures, Bio - Stanford Cardinal - ESPN

Jarrett Guarantano Stats - Tennessee Volunteers - ESPN

As underwhelming as it sounds he’s one of the best QB transfers available at this time that’s eligible to play immediately.

Chryst had dang good numbers as a Sophmore but regressed yearly and got beat out by Costello as a Senior. JG played one season as a Freshman and has better numbers than a Senior. I just think we would be better off growing JG. :hi:

Chryst had dang good numbers as a Sophmore but regressed yearly and got beat out by Costello as a Senior. JG played one season as a Freshman and has better numbers than a Senior. I just think we would be better off growing JG. :hi:

Need competition at the position

Totally agree. We just need better play from the line or no QB will stay healthy back there imo.

Use all spots on corners and OL please

Some decent/OK DBs on the list. Available OL leaves a lot to be desired at this point.

I would argue that we need some immediate depth on the interior D line too and we also need someone to spell Chandler at RB.

Last edited:

QB: Keller Chryst (Stanford), Wilton Speight (Michigan)
RB: CJ Fuller (Clemson), Tre Watson (California), Winston Dimel (Kansas State)
WR: CJ Sanders (Notre Dame), Raelon Singleton (Utah)
OL: Calvin Anderson (Rice), Kevin Feder (Ohio State)
DL: Sterling Johnson (Clemson), Jabril Robinson (Clemson)
DB: Juwan Dowels (Syracuse), Khalil Oliver (Oregon), Kiy Hester (Rutgers), Zeke Walker (Indiana)

I would start with the Clemson DL guys.
Then quality LB/DBs available.
We had a good haul at OL including JUCOs but the OL from Rice is reportedly good. I'd imagine the OSU guy as well.
I'm not in favor of bringing in a QB for one season...that's a lot to learn in a little time. Of course every QB will be learning a new system with the coaching change.
Other than that, maybe the TE from Michigan.
None of the rest unless they were behind an NFL caliber starter.

i could be wrong but my guess is the two blueshirts were more about the chance they would get drafted by MLB, this buys time before using a scholly. I like the thought process if that is in fact the reasoning.

VN Store

Back