'18 SC WR Bryce Thompson (UT commit 5/30/18)

BigOrangeStuntin1

Per twitter, 4 Star Bryce Thompson from Irmo, SC will not be signing with USCjr on Wednesday. Does not seem to be grade related. Any chance UT can swoop in late?

Reactions: 2 people
No further details were shared about Thompson’s situation, but it was apparent through much of his recruitment that academic standing was a concern. Thompson committed to South Carolina in December and later indicated that he was on track to qualify.
SEC Country

If he doesn't qualify there, then he won't even come close to qualifying at Tennessee. (See Orlando Brown)

If USC doesn’t take me as an academic redshirt, or if it ever came down to that, which I highly doubt, then Marshall would be a good option instead of going to JUCO. That is all Marshall is, a backup plan in case I came short of my grades but I know for sure I am not.

-- Bryce Thompson

Full article: South Carolina football: Bryce Thompson update | The State

Reactions: 1 person
Muschamp thought this kid was a CB. Don’t think we will be able to get him to qualify but if we do I think we should move him to defense

Could be a good pickup. Wonder what’s gonna happen here

[twitter]961058547491631104[/twitter]

What's this kids game like ? We like him better than the guy from Ca ?
Watch his hudl. A lot of carolina insiders thought he might be the best player they sign. Muschamp is a huge fan of him

Edit: also I just remembered his high school coach (who’s been coaching for like 20 or 30 years) said he’s the best player he’s ever had

Reactions: 1 person
Would be nice to get this kid in. Would soften the blow of missing on some other DBs. (I’m assuming that’s what we would recruit him as)

Check out his videos. He’s magic with the ball in his hands

185 receiving yards in NC/SC shrine bowl.

Owned the state championship game.

Probably the best pure athlete in the state - but grades are a big concern

The kid is an absolute player. But he would be signing with SC if he had the grades

Rivals has him as an athlete. Hopefully we are bringing him in to play corner.

VN Store

Back