S
6-1
CLASS OF 19
Slidell, LA (Slidell)

247 - Ishmael Burdine, Slidell, Safety

RIVALS - Rivals.com

OFFERS - KanSt, LouTech, SoMiss, Tulane, Utah, WKy, VOLS

[HUDL]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6204474/5a08ef11a0181c08d48ebb73[/HUDL]

four-star junior safety ishmael burdine of slidell (la.) high school told 247sports' gabe brooks that he's planning to visit tennessee on saturday to attend the vols' first junior day of the year.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound burdine received a scholarship offer from tennessee in late january. He's now being pursued by at least 10 schools, including mississippi state, missouri, kansas state, houston, louisiana tech, southern miss, tulane, utah and western kentucky.

He's ranked by 247sports as the no. 184 overall prospect and no. 10 safety in the 2019 class.

Reactions: 3 people
Let's get him, and hold on till NSD. We'll have to beat the other schools off with a stick for his sig.

“It was real fun. I loved the campus and the environment,” Burdine said. “I liked how the coaching staff communicated. It sounds like they have a program that they are building.

“I expected it to be really nice and that's what it was. It was a great experience. I wanted to meet the coaches. I got everything I wanted out of the trip.”

Burdine got to talk to the all the coaches, but it was his visit with head coach Jeremy Pruitt that stood out.

“He had (a message) on how they plan to change the program. I talked to coach Pruitt and I liked the stuff he was saying about their direction with things and the values of their program,” Burdine said.

Burdine has developed a good relationship with Vols receivers coach and Louisiana native David Johnson.

“I have been talking to them for a little while. Coach Johnson just kept telling me to be patient and that the offer was going to come,” Burdine offered. “They like how I run and how I can cover and they like my length. They made it clear they have needs in the secondary.”

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Same High School
As Bradley Sylvie

And last year's Eddie Smith.

Both signed with Bama in their respective years.

The Opening Dallas: Top performers

Defensive back

A four-star on 247Sports, Ishmael Burdine lived up to that billing on Sunday. He’s long, looked great going through drills, has cornerback coverage skills and tremendous length. Mississippi State and Tennessee are among his early favorites.

Reactions: 6 people
Weird top 10

Weird disparity in rankings too. 91 four star on 247 and a 5.5 three star on rivals. 247 has him like the 12th best safety prospect. I don't think rivals even has a positional ranking for him. Offer list matches the rivals ranking a little better. Wonder why 247 has him so high.

Weird disparity in rankings too. 91 four star on 247 and a 5.5 three star on rivals. 247 has him like the 12th best safety prospect. I don't think rivals even has a positional ranking for him. Offer list matches the rivals ranking a little better. Wonder why 247 has him so high.

pruitt offered.

pruitt offered.

Ha maybe. Did he get the bump after Pruitt offered. I don't remember. Not used to offer bumps from us. I think when Dooley offered they usually lowered the rankings.

Ha maybe. Did he get the bump after Pruitt offered. I don't remember. Not used to offer bumps from us. I think when Dooley offered they usually lowered the rankings.

lol.

i dunno. just connecting random dots for fun.

VN Store

Back