6'3" 303lbs
New London, NC
(North Stanly)

RIVALS
ESPN
HUDL

[twitter]https://twitter.com/cfrmda4/status/958366688524808192[/twitter]

Reactions: 2 people
Kids a beast and Bama has been on him (Pruitt) for a long long time. So that will give us a real shot. Perfect for 3-4. He can move and is very athletic. Got a bit of work to do in the classroom but I was told he's turned it on and getting it done. So that was good news from last Wednesday night.

Reactions: 1 person
“My newest offers are from Georgia and Tennessee,” Clark said. “Georgia is a nice school. I like coach Smart and coach Tray Scott. They seem like good people. I visited one time and it was a nice place.

“Tennessee is a nice school too,” he said. “I haven’t been up there in a while. I was there last summer for a camp but I’ve never really been around the school.

“I’ve been talking to coach Shibest from Virginia Tech a little bit,” said Clark. “He’s been sending me a bunch of pictures and schedules showing what they are doing. He wants me to know that they are really interested in me. I’m pretty sure they are getting close to offering. I don’t know much about the school right now.

“I don’t have any visits set up or a commitment date right now,” he said. “I’m still looking at all my schools and trying to figure things out.”

RIVALS’ REACTION…

Clark generally keeps recruiting information to himself but most people believe he will end up staying pretty close to home at one of the in-state schools or South Carolina. Virginia Tech could be a contender if they were to offer but Georgia and Tennessee are very intriguing offers for Clark. He will surely visit both schools at least one more time before all is said and done.

- Adam Friedman, Rivals

Reactions: 4 people
CJ Clark is really good. Bama staff is real high on him, but it seems like he wants to play somewhere closer to home. Knoxville is probably close enough. So, I think the Vols should have a pretty good shot with him. Would be a great get!
:toast: Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
"Clark is listed at 6-foot-3, 303 pounds, but he doesn’t look it on film. Not that he looks small; he just moves very well for a big man. Clark doesn’t give up on plays and uses his surprising speed to chase running backs and harass quarterbacks. He’s used on both offense and defense for North Stanley High School, but his highest ceiling is likely on defense. Clark has a good push and just has a knack for making plays. He’ll need to play lower and work on his lower body strength, but he has a solid base of talent and technique to work with."

-N. Rutherford

Vols are Finalists for Talented Four-Star Defensive Tackle | RTI

“DT CJ Clark has Tennessee in the Top 5, plans to visit with the new staff for the first time this weekend for the spring game. “

Simonton

Reactions: 4 people
CHARLOTTE — New London (N.C.) defensive lineman C.J. Clark recently released his Top 5 schools, and as his recruitment starts to rev up, he is also focusing on his craft. A participant at the Nike Opening Regional event in Charlotte this past weekend, the big-bodied Clark showcased aggressive hands and plenty of game.

"It was good," Clark said. "I think I did pretty well and I performed like I know how. The 1 on 1's were the best thing I did today. You get a lot of good work in because who you are going against. It helps me get better." Clark takes a day like Sunday and uses that to show what he's been working on and in return tells him where he needs to continue to improve. "Just make sure I keep my hand placements right," Clark said. "Just find things to get better and learn different things from other guys that make them successful."

Back to the recently released top five schools. Those include N.C. State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia. All of the schools are a relative short distance away from home and he believes they each give him the chance to be successful. That includes the Vols, who like Clark and believe he an help right way on the defensive front. "I went over there for a camp a while back," Clark said. "I know their staff and I like them. They are big on defense and that's good. I'm looking forward to getting back over for another visit."

Recruiting Clark for the Orange and White is tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer. The first year Vol assistant has been relentless on the recruiting trail having already nabbed tight end Jackson Lowe for the 2019 class. He's also in charge of several key targets in the Tar Heel State.

"He just tells me that I have a spot up there and that he wants me bad," Clark said. "He wants to get me up to campus and spend time up there. They like my game. "Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt says I have good feet and good hands. The type of player that they like for their defensive linemen."

Once Clark gets to Rocky Top for a visit, he wants to spend time with Tracy Rocker. They have talked before but they have yet to meet and that's important. Clark isn's sure when he will make a decision, but know that he wants to find a place that is comfortable to him. "I just want to be comfortable with my coaches and have a good relationship with them," Clark said. "That's important to me and that's why those schools are in my top five."

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
I recall a time on this board when it was normal for posters to complain about how we never landed elite (or at least 4-star) high shool DTs anymore. I think we went a stretch of 3 or 4 years without signing one. I will give Butch this - he changed that narrative. So much so that it feels normal again for us to be in the running for these kinds of players. Hope we can get this guy. The more beef the better.

I recall a time on this board when it was normal for posters to complain about how we never landed elite (or at least 4-star) high shool DTs anymore. I think we went a stretch of 3 or 4 years without signing one. I will give Butch this - he changed that narrative. So much so that it feels normal again for us to be in the running for these kinds of players. Hope we can get this guy. The more beef the better.

Problem is none of those guys outside of Barnett have lived up to or exceeded that hype mainly due to poor player development. I think that has changed with the new staff.

Reactions: 2 people
Problem is none of those guys outside of Barnett have lived up to or exceeded that hype mainly due to poor player development. I think that has changed with the new staff.

Correct. Our starting DL right now is three 5 stars. Although Shy was just outside 5 star, high 4.

When Shy is healthy he's lived up to hype. Problem is he's been hurt

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back