6-1
CLASS OF 19
BATON ROUGE, LA
(SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY LAB SCHOOL)

Tyrion Davis, Southern University Lab School, Running Back

Rivals.com

Tyrion Davis - Hudl

Last edited:
tyrion davis plays his prep football roughly 10 miles from louisiana state's campus and is a verbal commit to louisiana state.

Tennessee's coaching staff doesn't care.

"i want to thank god for giving me the opportunity to play at the university of tennessee," davis posted on social media.

The baton rouge native and southern university lab school junior gave his pledge to lsu back on june 19, 2017.

The 247sports network places davis as the no. 17 running back in the 2019 class and no. 8 prospect in louisiana.

This guy is goooooooooooood. I can't wait to see how good next years class can be if we aren't afraid to go after guy's like this who are in opponent's backyard.

baton rouge (la.) southern lab four-star running back tyrion davis has been committed to local lsu since june but continues to entertain other opportunities.

He tells 247sports he'll visit tennessee next weekend for junior day.

"they’re in desperate need at the running back spot," davis said when asked if the vols have a chance. "and from what they showed me i can fit in well up there."

davis visited lsu at the end of january.

The 247sports composite ranks the 6-foot-1, 230-pound davis as the nation's no. 16 running back. He has over 20 offers.

Stays low and keeps his pads in the front of him through traffic, runs with conviction. I like this back

that's a big dude.

Don't know why any kid would want to go to college where they grew up. Hopefully we can get him to leave the nest.

that's a big dude.

Don't know why any kid would want to go to college where they grew up. Hopefully we can get him to leave the nest.

It’s a little different when you play a sport, if you don’t come from a well off family it gets very difficult for your parents to watch you play.

It’s a little different when you play a sport, if you don’t come from a well off family it gets very difficult for your parents to watch you play.

Well I would think the life experience of your child is more important but hey that's me.

This place really surprised me,” Davis told VolQuest. “I didn’t know the facilities were so great. I knew the coaches from Alabama. I pretty much knew them, but I got to experience the whole-9 with them at Tennessee today.”

Davis has picked up offers from Tennessee, Texas, Arkansas, Texas A&M and others in recent weeks, but he visited the Vols this weekend due to his prior knowledge of Jeremy Pruitt and Chris Weinke. He spent nearly two hours with UT’s new tailbacks coach and had a long film session with Tyson Helton, too.

"It’s pretty good up here. I met the new offensive coordinator who was at USC. He was showing me how he’d use me and how much they need backs here,” Davis said. “They only have about three ‘backs, so they told me they liked me potential and how I’d fit in.”

“They think I can catch the ball real well and read the zone, power really well,” Davis said. “They were teaching me a little bit of the offense they’re running and what my home run plays could be. They just kept telling me how much they needed me up here.”

Davis plans to return to Tennessee for a practice this spring. He could even be back on campus again this summer. He remains solidly committed to the hometown Tigers, but the Vols definitely entered the fray for his recruitment moving forward.

“I’m pretty loyal with LSU right now, but I really like what Tennessee is bringing to the table,” Davis said.

“I’m pretty sure, 10 times out of 10, that I’m going to take an official up here.”

VQ

Sad that kids nowadays are shocked at how nice UT is when they first visit.

Three backs, huh?

Chandler, Banks, anddddddd?

Interesting that they already aren't impressed with two of our guys.

Three backs, huh?

Chandler, Banks, anddddddd?

Interesting that they already aren't impressed with two of our guys.

More like Chandler, fils aime(if they keep him there) and Jordan.

“Similarly, LSU running back commit Tyrion Davis said he remains “loyal” to his hometown Tigers after his UT visit, but a future flip remains in play because Davis talked glowingly about the opportunity with the Vols and already plans to take an official visit to Tennessee in the fall. ”

VQ

“Similarly, LSU running back commit Tyrion Davis said he remains “loyal” to his hometown Tigers after his UT visit, but a future flip remains in play because Davis talked glowingly about the opportunity with the Vols and already plans to take an official visit to Tennessee in the fall. ”

VQ

giphy.gif

WoW... a big back that cna catch like that? whatever it takes get him here. Kid has balance, hands, power, speed, vision.. heck what does he not have? How is he not a 5 star? His tape shows him housing it from every formation both running and catching. He can run E/W, N/S up and down...

I hope more players are imitating Leveon Bell now...

Patience and reading your blocks, with great vision. Seems like more backs would, could or should, but it is not as easy as it seems and most backs are taught to hit the hole and go or one cut and go. Only the special ones can do what Bell does and have the physical traits to take advantage of it

VN Store

Back